Sweat stains on seats??

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seats on my 01 RT/10 have what appear to be sweat stains on the seat part of the seats (kinda like what you would get by sweating in a baseball cap). They were like this when I bought the car. I have tried regaular soap & water and leather cleaner. I am not sure if this can be gotten out or if I should simply replace the seats. I can post pictures after I get home, but thought I would throw it to the experts for some recommendations. Any thoughts or similar experience? :dunno:

Thanks.

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that is comforting to know....to know it isn't the sweat of the fat*** that I bought the car from :)

Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe try some Leather Master strong cleaner. Safe for coated and non coated leather, but not nubuck.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono: not what you're thinking! Otherwise this car has seen a LOT of action!

Seats are black, to answer an earlier question.

Setting aside the implications of Warfang... Sweat contains salt which remains after the moisture evaporates. Couple that with some potential corrosive action and you may have your stain.

I would try some of the products listed if you want. other options are re-dying or replacement.

I bought a set from this seller:

eBay Motors: Viper Gen 2 Leather Seat Covers Original Factory 97-02 (item 250176550760 end time Oct-22-07 19:00:00 PDT)