SRT Quote on the new 8.4L engine:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From Dick Winkles, supervisor of engine development (in Viper Magazine):

"I'm considering selling one of my old collector cars to buy a new Viper -- the engine is so impressive and it's such a great car."

And another quote about the new '08 rear differential:

"... The back axle contains a GKN Visco-Lok differential ... Tommy Archer tested it and couldn't tell the difference between it and the racing diff in his Competition Coupe."

Last edited:

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't anybody worried about being the first year of the new upgrades..
If I were to track the car.. I would probably wait a year of two...

That way you get the kinks out.....

Chuck... How many miles do you have on your cars?

Joe

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting?? Come on, life is too short to wait. 97 GTS (I know, not the first year, I don't think they changed much from 96 tho), tracked it the first month on, 28k miles, 2003 SRT. tracked first month on, 28k miles. True, they both had issues, but these were resolved at no cost to me (sure I lost both cars a cumulative 2 weeks due to recalls).

Being that there may not be an 09, I'll be getting the 08, tracking it the first month on, and probably putting 28k miles on it before it gets "retired".

If you get off the fence, don't order a green, they are hideous!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't anybody worried about being the first year of the new upgrades..
If I were to track the car.. I would probably wait a year of two...

That way you get the kinks out.....

Chuck... How many miles do you have on your cars?

Joe

108,000 on the 98
35,000 on the 97

Amazing that I've been able to rack up all those miles without ABS, TC and that ever-so-difficult shift huh?
/sarc

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm drowning in a sea of conflict. I hate the thought of driving an ABS car on the track but this 08 is a monster.

It's not ABS until you over break and engage it.

If you do engage the ABS and it still bothers you, just take a belt sander to your tires when you get back to the pits.:lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ABS cars shudder and shake sometimes - that really *****. My ABS on my Ford pickup has to lockup the right rear wheel to set itself up. It didn't seem to set itself on gravel roads so I pulled the fuse. One day I'll pull the fuse on the Viper and see if that solves the shudder/shake problem.

Have ABS on my Stealth TT and it used to do the same, although it hasn't done it this year. I still dislike/hate ABS. If the shudder/shake goes away I'll leave the fuse in, but I hate the problems created by ABS.

Ted