Gen 1; Mopar hardtop vs. 3 piece *advice*

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a member in my club wanting to purchase a hardtop for his '93 RT/10. Is this still the best choice or are the aftermarket ones (the 3 piece) better? Difference in cost?

TIA-

Michael

P.S. He's looking for red if your selling.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are less than 6 ft. I'd but the 3 piece. You can order painted. It is nice to have the top with you in case it rains. I had a hard top and soft top and the hard top always was left home and the soft top rolled up in the trunk. I don't know what's availabe for the 93. I almost bought the 3 piece but sold for a GTS.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stay away from Autoform...simply because it looks like the car is wearing a wig. Jeff sells a three peice, but also a great looking one peice...not to mention his awesome windows which you can actually use now in a drive through...

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it depends on the look you want on the car, headroom needed and does he want to be able to take it with him.

I have the Mopar top on my Gen I and think it is ok, but if I was in the market now I would get Jeff's 1 piece version of the 3 piece top. I like how his top sits very low and is not bubbly at all. It does not have the double bubble look of the other tops that mimick the roof lines of the GTS. I like the smooth look of it on the Gen I.

The 3 piece seems cool but I have N2O in the trunk so it would not be an option.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, now lets get that same car and look at it from the back and directly from the side...both images will show how it "sits" on top of the car...but technically they both perform well so I suppose it is a matter of taste.

You must be talking about the Mopar top. The Autoform doesn't look bad at all.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a member in my club wanting to purchase a hardtop for his '93 RT/10. Is this still the best choice or are the aftermarket ones (the 3 piece) better? Difference in cost? TIA- Michael P.S. He's looking for red if your selling.

PartsRack carries 4 on our website:

APE 3pc
AutoForm
V-Mania
Mopar

If you sit tall, forget the 3-pc. If not, chosse 3pc.
2nd choice V-Mania Quick Mount Diuyble Bubble
3rd choice AutoForm "crab legs" double-bubble top....
All the above have scoop options
last choice Mopar........

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this was the one at VOI9 in the vendors room. I think. along with a body kit?? Looked like a good top but not for the real tall guy. Header is misleading.
AVOID THIS:

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those flush fit low tops look slick and the 3 piece is a great idea, but I'm 6'4" and even with a seat kit it wouldn't work for me. Mopar top is OK, I keep the top off most of the time anyway.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did not see all 4 tops shown on your website Jon that you stated are there. Would like info on all of them. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the soft top as a rule of thumb. The 3 piece top and the saft top have the SAME headroom.Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235