Wipers? Vipers don't need Wipers!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of you have actually used your windshield wipers?

I have had my car only 7 months and accidently turned on the wipers once and got a laugh out of the wipers swatting at each other.....

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know that little dirty 4 letter word?

r-a-i-n.

2062010831-004.jpg

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, right. That's photochop. No one has ever REALLY driven a viper in the rain. :crazy2:

We all know it is impossible to drive a Viper in the rain because Vipers have no TC. And this pic is particularly obvious because that Viper has no ABS either.

Yes, it is quite clear. The Barvarian's pic is a photochop.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barvarian or Barbarian? Or what? :lmao:

The above picture is over 6 years old! Time flies by...

BTW, it NEVER rains in Bavaria!

2062b3.jpg

After the ugly front license plate has been removed!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wipers on my Viper!

The first thing I did was take off my windshield solvent. A year later the wipers and motor was taken out and I replaced the cowl with the holes filled in. I think it looks a lot cleaner.

532No_wipers.JPG

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i used them once. the day i bought it and drove it home. it only sprinkled. i have no idea how water tight my 95 is and i hope i never find out....

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once, on my 96. I got caught in a light sprinkle, turned them on and they locked up; intertwined with each other. The solution was to replace both motors.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are kidding, right??? We've driven MANY times in the rain...Chuck's Tatortoga started out raining that morning...think we weren't gonna attend because of that? NOPE...it cleared up nicely (as the Wizard said it would!)...and sure, we all cleaned up our cars when we got there! First day we brought the Viper home, from an hour away, rained the whole way...it's just inevitable around here~~no probs...and no, don't need no stinkin' TC~~:drive: :drive: :drive: ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are kidding, right??? We've driven MANY times in the rain...Chuck's Tatortoga started out raining that morning...think we weren't gonna attend because of that? NOPE...it cleared up nicely (as the Wizard said it would!)...and sure, we all cleaned up our cars when we got there! First day we brought the Viper home, from an hour away, rained the whole way...it's just inevitable around here~~no probs...and no, don't need no stinkin' TC~~:drive: :drive: :drive: ~juli

Black cars like the rain Jewels. It makes little sparkle dots all over them.

Red cars are so fast they never really get wet.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black cars like the rain Jewels. It makes little sparkle dots all over them.
Red cars are so fast they never really get wet.

BLACK becomes invisible in the rain, therefore we cannot be SEEN...hence, we are faster than a BRIGHT RED car that is EASILY spotted...give me sparkle dots anyday! ~juli

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used them a couple times, at my wife's request. I have put Rain-X on my windshield so I can see fine. However, the wife starts to get agitated when I never turn them on.

I still find the wiper sequence of operations quite entertaining.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1000 mile road trip to bring my baby home. Nearly impossible to avoid the rain during that trip, but no rain since.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be serious, it depends on how or when you drive your car. If you are in Kalifornia with Arnold, you are less likely to need them than in Nebrasky with Billy P. Wipers are good things when you get hit with a freak snow storm in Colorado or rain in Washington. The worst rainstorm I was ever in was in Nebraska outside of Lincoln heading back to Arizona in the then 2001 Sapphire blue GTS that I had. It was raining so hard that even with the wipers on max....you could not see because of the severity of the downpour. I just got off the Interstate and waited for the storm to pass.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DON'T REMOVE YOUR WIPERS!!! They are an integral part of the front crumple zone. Removal will compromise the crash worthiness of your Viper and could result in serious injury or death in a front end collision!!

:lmao:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I lived in Washington, I used them often.

Now that I'm here in Florida, I haven't used them once. I'll pull them off this weekend...thanks for the idea. That will drop about 10lbs off the car :D

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL funniest thing I've read in weeks here

DON'T REMOVE YOUR WIPERS!!! They are an integral part of the front crumple zone. Removal will compromise the crash worthiness of your Viper and could result in serious injury or death in a front end collision!!

:lmao:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use them every year that I go down to the Crab Deck. Like clockwork, for the last number of years, it rains. Two years ago it was REALLY bad. This year on the return trip. Always want the car to look nice for the trip. By the time I get down there, the detailing is gone. Maybe next year.

Crab Deck X - coming soon.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I consider it sacrilegious to drive a Viper in the rain. :nono: The previous owner said it had never touched a drop of rain and I'm trying to maintain that record.

I do have to keep the wipers attached for the safety inspection every two years.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I used my wipers for the first time last night....not for rain, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was because of all of the salt fogging up my front window. I took a drive up the coast from Santa Cruz to Pescadero. The wind was whipping the waves and creating a salt fog. I had to use the wipers and washer fluid to clear the front window. Amazing drive though. Here is a pic!
P1020457.JPG

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
77,000 miles over 7 years. Rain, sleet, snow.......we've used the wipers many more times than I could count......and that's with Rain-X on. Rain-X doesn't really work well at slower speeds. In sleet or snow, you want to keep the wipers going to prevent ice build up at the top and sides of the window. Of course that applies to any vehicle running in those conditions. We've only been caught a handful of times in the Viper in these more exciting circumstances. Rain ain't nothin' to worry about--if you just use common sense. :drive:
Last I heard---Vipers won't melt in the rain.

Steve

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving a Viper in the rain must be like driving any average rear drive car on ice. Easy on the brake and throttle and slow deliberate actions (think smooth). Did plenty of that growing up in Oklahoma and Colorado.

I can't even imagine driving a Viper in Snow and Ice...

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I see all those owners with hermetically sealed garages with dehumidification systems out there. Yep....Rain will kill the car.

Watch out for those puddles too. Car will melt like the Wicked Witch if touched.

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rain? The SRT guys had SNOW TIRES :omg: on the car last winter trying to get all of the calibration work done for the 2008MY car to keep you guys happy! Now THAT's dedication!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) And from what I heard they handled OK!

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look @ all the people afraid of rain! Truth be known, sun is harder on cars than a little water. Any of you refusing to drive your cars in the sun?

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone attend VOI 7? 6" of rain in two days!!! No wipers? You've got to be kidding! We almost drowned at that event while on the "parade" through downtown Nashville.......I couldn't believe that much rain in 2 days......we get that much in a year in Phoenix.......I was happy to have wipers......that was the only time that my old 94 SAW rain.......