Dynoed my Viper today 612 RWHP 619 RWTQ! 91 pump gas!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell you this, the Busa gains speed very slow after 170mph. I don’t see how a STOCK busa could ever hit 212mph with how long it takes to go from 170 to 186 to get to 212 it would take 100 miles of road lolol.

Also I have a buddy that has a stock ZX-14 and he can kill my busa from any speed to any speed, and I recently viewed a article where thy removed the speed limiter from a ZX-14 and still could only get it to 197 mph. So can you Explain to me how a slower less powerful bike can go 15 mph faster in stock form?
Simple, it's all in the gearing. Gear it right and 200mph on the busa is a joke.And the kawasaki is a monster. But the 08 busa will eat it.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw you tried to post this on corvette forum, to educate them as to how much power you can extract form the Viper motor without getting radical, they locked your post. . Did you see the Video they have up? its about a Z06 with just a filter and tune that kept up with a supposedly supercharged 618 RWHP gen 3, the race is a Joke, the Viper was about two cars behind and all of a sudden , before you can blink, like it was on a slingshot the viper went from 2 back to a half a car in front, then just barely won by 3/4 of a car, you could tell something was very wrong, but they posted it anyway, its funny, I guess you need 1000 to beat a stock Z06

Some of the guys on that thread were cool, mainly just that 1 a-hole was being a dick. I love all his bench racing. Probly a 15yr old that does not even own a car.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple, it's all in the gearing. Gear it right and 200mph on the busa is a joke.And the kawasaki is a monster. But the 08 busa will eat it.

To start with I was talking about a STOCK busa

Next yr the 08 is supose to be quite a bit faster, I think it has like 30 more HP thats quite a bit on a bike. I bet it is VERY fast, alot faster then my 07 but once again I was talking about a 99-07 busa.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the specs on the cam, but I promised Jeff I would not let it out. But it's his normal street cam for the striker heads. It's really not that radical on the street. And it's in strait up, I do not have a adjustable timing chain on the car. I am think of maybe going back in and putting on and retarding the cam a few deg This should add some power up top, and I have no problem loosing some down lo, this is a daily driver and a little less tire spin in 1st and 2nd would be nice.

the heads flow ~330 on the intake side.

I had the heads shaved a extra 0.060" over the way thy normaly come.

Thanks Matt... I completely understand the wish to keep this stuff in the realm of "trade secret". My guess is that you get most of the incredible mojo you have from the heads.....flowing 330 is truly impressive; shaving 'em I'm sure helps too.

Keep us posted on future dyno runs - I haven't seen any NA numbers higher than you! (There may be some, but you're near or at the top).

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so are you starting this race at 170 then ?

otherwise at 600rwhp, you aint got a chance

I always love how people think that even stock bikes are unbeatable. You just need to pick your race.

Here are some times for you, this is even racing from a STOP

0-180 mph

Hayabusa 19.42 seconds
Bugatti Veron 17.4 seconds

0-100 HayaBusa 5.11 seconds
0-100 Veron 5.5 seconds

So despite the fact that at the 100mph mark the busa is nearly 1/2 a second ahead

That meens it takes 2.4 seconds longer for the Busa to gain that last 80mph then it takes the Veron.

Hayabusa 100-180mph 14.31 seconds
Veron 100-180mph 11.9mph seconds

And that is a HUGE difrence my friend
The faster you go the worce things become for bikes. Were power to weight meens less and less and power to drag meens more and more.

This is the FASTEST 0-180 mph test I could find for the Busa, all the others were over 20 seconds.

You must be registered for see images

And NO I'm not saying my Viper is as fast as a Veron, but it's power to weight is not too far off. (Though I do Own another car that is much faster accelerating then a Veron)

Last edited:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always love how people think that even stock bikes are unbeatable. You just need to pick your race.

We can talk numbers all day long. When you line up side by side....the truth is told. Can you find a rider for your Busa ? Want me to find someone near you for the video ?

No matter what, nice numbers for your car...enjoy it !!!

PS. What do you think your car will do in the 1/4 mile ? 0-180 ? 100-180 ?

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can talk numbers all day long. When you line up side by side....the truth is told. Can you find a rider for your Busa ? Want me to find someone near you for the video ?

No matter what, nice numbers for your car...enjoy it !!!

PS. What do you think your car will do in the 1/4 mile ? 0-180 ? 100-180 ?

I will be racing my buddy's ZX-14 from 100mph up here very soon, I'll let you know how close it was. (as soon as we can take a trip to that closed test track in Mexico;))

Ya but the numbers don’t lie.

Your acting like I have never raced a bike before, this is ONE of my other cars.

Matt M 95VR4 - Dynamic Racing

a 3000GT VR-4 that put 714 HP to the wheels, in this car I have done plenty of high speed racing VS Bikes in. Incl a few races from 100mph- up VS a modded 2004 Busa. He would put about 5 cars on me almost instantly but by 180mph he would be seeing tail lights every time. From 150mph+ races it was me pulling the entire time. ( closed test track in Mexico)

And here is the Time Slip from my 93 Dodge Stealth, that ran 9.73@151mph last yr on 18" STREET tires at over 3600ft elevation (were Stock Busa's run 10.3-10.5 at around 135-137mph with VERY good riders). O ya and on a STOCk 3.0L shortblock

You must be registered for see images

You can even watch a vid of it here

YouTube - Matt Monett's record-breaking 1/4 mile time

So you going to tell me that even this car of mine will loose to a Stock Busa to? must be it's a car and a car can NEVER beat a bike right?

What MPH do I think my Viper will run in the 1/4 mile? I'm thinking about 132ish...

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And more, here is my Lotus It only made 511 rwhp. I never raced a Busa in it but I raced a GSXR750 it at high-speed and I put a foot ball field between us before I let off. ( closed test track in Mexico)

Matt M Esprit - Dynamic Racing

O wait cant be, a car can never beat a bike....

Last edited:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be racing my buddy's ZX-14 from 100mph up here very soon, I'll let you know how close it was.

Ya but the numbers don’t lie.

Your acting like I have never raced a bike before, this is ONE of my other cars.

You're making it soooo hard to be nice....and I'm really trying :D

I don't care what you have raced against who before. I don't care about your other cars....my "other" car will run in the high fours in the 1/8 mile.....woopdeedoo :cool:

My question again, do you need me to line you up a Busa to race/video ? Or, "if" your buddy can ride decent put him on your Busa.
IMO, 100 mph to whatever is a waste and not much of a drag race. I love roll racing but 60-70 is as fast of a start that any roll race should begin at.

p.s. You keep coming back saying "no car can beat a bike" .... don't make it out like I am the one making that statement. We are talking about the said car in this thread with the said dyno numbers against a stockish BUSA.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're making it soooo hard to be nice....and I'm really trying :D

I don't care what you have raced against who before. I don't care about your other cars....my "other" car will run in the high fours in the 1/8 mile.....woopdeedoo :cool:

My question again, do you need me to line you up a Busa to race/video ? Or, "if" your buddy can ride decent put him on your Busa.
IMO, 100 mph to whatever is a waste and not much of a drag race. I love roll racing but 60-70 is as fast of a start that any roll race should begin at.

I have no problem setting up the race, Shawn (ZX-14 owner)would be more then happy to Ride the Busa for a race too.

From 60-70 mph I would not stand a chance in the viper I know that don’t need to race to know that. I think even from 100-150 the Busa will still be ahead buy quite a bit. But Like in my 1st post about it i stated that I THOUGHT from 100-up to max speed the Viper will win vs a stock Busa and I still stand by that.
I have watch the Speedo on my Busa crawl past 170 mph to it's max speed, and the Viper Speedo does no such thing. (that is till it maxes out 5th and am forced to use 6th:( got to step doen in gear from the 3.55's now to like 3.33's or less. The 3.55's were grate with the stock motor but now I think I will be happyer with less gear)

Last edited:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So back to YOUR CAR:

1. Stock pistons?
2. Did you change the lifters with the cam swap?
3. Who did the re-flash?
4. Who did the motor work?
5. Any mods to the fuel system?

6. How does it sound? Awesome, I'll bet.

Congrats on a nice NA build!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So back to YOUR CAR:

1. Stock pistons?
2. Did you change the lifters with the cam swap?
3. Who did the re-flash?
4. Who did the motor work?
5. Any mods to the fuel system?

6. How does it sound? Awesome, I'll bet.

Congrats on a nice NA build!

#1 Yes the bottem end is stock with 14K miles
#2 No I'm running the stock 2001 lifters
#3 DC preformance
#4 we did the Install here
#5 Fuel System stock
#6 it sounds like a NASCAR:) I love it.

Thanks!

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:rolaugh: i like how you can smoke all bikes. race them from a slow roll and be a head the whole time then brag about it. none of this oh ill catch them 30 seconds later when they top out.

but anyways, you got some numbe NA numbers

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: i like how you can smoke all bikes. race them from a slow roll and be a head the whole time then brag about it. none of this oh ill catch them 30 seconds later when they top out.

I guess you cant read here is a quote from my post a few pages back.

FastMatt said:
"From 60-70 mph I would not stand a chance in the viper I know that don’t need to race to know that. I think even from 100-150 the Busa will still be ahead buy quite a bit. But Like in my 1st post about it i stated that I THOUGHT from 100-up to max speed the Viper will win vs a stock Busa and I still stand by that."

Now in my stealth I'll race them from any speed to any speed, any stock bike will see nothing but tail lights.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw you tried to post this on corvette forum, to educate them as to how much power you can extract form the Viper motor without getting radical, they locked your post. . Did you see the Video they have up? its about a Z06 with just a filter and tune that kept up with a supposedly supercharged 618 RWHP gen 3, the race is a Joke, the Viper was about two cars behind and all of a sudden , before you can blink, like it was on a slingshot the viper went from 2 back to a half a car in front, then just barely won by 3/4 of a car, you could tell something was very wrong, but they posted it anyway, its funny, I guess you need 1000 to beat a stock Z06

im glad someone else saw that video i saw it on you tube and it is a joke i know were not suposed to talk about it but (on a closed course track i met up with a zo6 in my gen 1 and from 70-130 he was no match even got off the (track) with me and folowed me home to see what the hell i did to my car i think he went and traded it in soon after lol

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BEST indicator is not the dyno BUT quarter mile trap speed.(dynos are good measuring devices but i have never seen one yet run down a quarter mile )Simply put on stock Pilots if your making 600 to the tire and not trapping at least 132 mph something is dead wrong no matter what number the dyno says.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps over the years when i raced my Gen 2 in competition i saw and raced a million guys with dyno sheets saying 600 to the tire NA meanwhile their cars were trapping 127 the same day mine trapped 131 yet i never made more than 580 to the tire.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Matt. I have a much smaller cam than you...and make about 565rwhp 610rwtq. I've have run many 600cc GSX-R's and R6's. In a roll-on (on a track mind you) I've always pulled them easily.

I haven't ran a 1,000cc bike yet but I'm looking forward to it. Good number and enjoy that. 600rwhp in a N/A setup is easy these days. Just think if you put in a solid roller cam and rev'd it to 7,000rpm :D

My list of kills goes from a H22+Turbo HB civic all the way upto a F430. (The civic was faster :D ) You will have fun running into the C6ZOzit.

If you put on some sticky tires and learn to drive it, you WILL be in the high 10's. With over 600rwhp you should trap right at 130-132mph. I've hit 126.98 so far with 35psi in old tires, un-prepped track, 85+heat and granny shifting. My worst trap speed with the setup has been a 124.8
A Solid cam in that car without a dry sump oiling system will spell disaster since the stock oiling system can not handle anywhere near 7000 rpms.(ALL of the old roarace solid cam cars were GTSR blocks=dry sump)Also though the cam will make hugh dyno numbers the car in a drag racing application might be slower because the overall power band will suffer .Streetability will also **** big time =ABSOLUTELY NO VACUME .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys i have owned and raced every generation of Viper.My old Gen 2 won 4 straight Mopar Atlantic Nat titles (modded street tire class )back in the day on motor alone stock Pilots PUMP GAS it ran 11.2 at 132mph.The above being said i dont care what you do to a Gen 2 engine on motor alone NA a current Gen Z06 with simple bolt on mods can put a major ass whoppin on almost any Gen 2 out there NA .Totally different ballgame today as my Gen 4 bone stock is just as fast as my old Gen 2 (it has run 11.3 at 129.7 )and a ton more streetable.A stock Gen 4 Viper and current Gen Z06 run neck and neck.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys i have owned and raced every generation of Viper.My old Gen 2 won 4 straight Mopar Atlantic Nat titles (modded street tire class )back in the day on motor alone stock Pilots PUMP GAS it ran 11.2 at 132mph.The above being said i dont care what you do to a Gen 2 engine on motor alone NA a current Gen Z06 with simple bolt on mods can put a major ass whoppin on almost any Gen 2 out there NA ..

Norman, aka Texas Whos Your Daddy's LPE built gen2 RT10 ran 9's 142mph, all motor ,naturally aspirated. I would like to see a fully modded, NA C6Z06 run the same time.

Going through and reading some of your posts. I think your just another Z06 fanboi.:nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4