Dynoed my Viper today 612 RWHP 619 RWTQ! 91 pump gas!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought myself a ZX11 when I thought bikes were cool (because of all my GSXR 1100s). With 600miles on my bike I ran Mission Raceway (sea level) and got 11.13@133mph and got traction a few hundred feet before the finish line. Next run on golden rosin I went 11.12@132mph with the front tire touching the asphalt a couple hundred feet before the finish line. Scariest track run I ever had. Less than a year and I was cut off by a left turner. 9 busted ribs. Only un-brain damaged survivor out or 10 ZX11 crashes that month.

Street tired (PS1s) my Viper ran 10.5@139mph. First sc Viper Hydroplaned on runcraps at 60mph and spun under the front of a Semi. No bruises although truck driver did break his wrist.

Now you know why I no longer own any bikes.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is supposed to be a 900rwhp Viper ... with traction ... stock Gen 2 Vipers light up the tires in first when you hit the throttle. My 600rwhp Roe Viper had serious traction problems under 100mph. My 750rwhp fishtails for a couple hundred feet shifting into 3rd with a stock clutch. I use a stock clutch to save rear diffs.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman, aka Texas Whos Your Daddy's LPE built gen2 RT10 ran 9's 142mph, all motor ,naturally aspirated. I would like to see a fully modded, NA C6Z06 run the same time.

Going through and reading some of your posts. I think your just another Z06 fanboi.:nono:
Sure it did with a BIG shot of Nitrous .When i said NA =it meant all motor- no nitrous ,no turbos no blowers .Without the Nitrous that car is right around high 10s- low 11s street tires and thats with a 40 plus grand LPE engine under the hood.Bone stock CURRENT GEN z06 have RUN THAT .Bone stock Gen 4 have run that .You should get YOUR FACTS CORRECT .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS lol a 142 mph trap speed and the guys trying to tell me its on all motor too funny.

hardtop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure it did with a BIG shot of Nitrous .When i said NA =it meant all motor- no nitrous ,no turbos no blowers .Without the Nitrous that car is right around high 10s- low 11s street tires and thats with a 40 plus grand LPE engine under the hood.Bone stock CURRENT GEN z06 have RUN THAT .Bone stock Gen 4 have run that .You should get YOUR FACTS CORRECT .

You should CK your facts about Norms car,it's all motor.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Those are great numbers, I have avery similar setup. Your numbers are a little better than mine.
What was your ambient temperture for this run?
My car dynoed 555 rwhp & 543 rwtq on a 94F degree at the dynoed. Your numbers are more realistic of what I was expecting.

jpg.gif
Viper 006.jpg (97.7 KB)

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should CK your facts about Norms car,it's all motor.
Really would you like to wager on that fact.The car had nitrous as it is impossible to trap in that speed range.Years ago i set up the mag test of Dan Blacks DLM stage 2 car .On stock Pilots it trapped high 130s and that car made over 750 to the tire.There is no way a car on all moter a car can come ANYWHERE near the numbers your quoting.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just shows how bias you are and a complete fool.
Really where were these guys when MY car was running competitively and winning the 4 straight Mopar Atl Nat Titles in the all engine class.Your commentating on a subject you are not experianced in FIRSTHAND to know about.Your facts are predicated entirely on nothing but heresay.If you have ever RACED a Gen 2 in competition (which by your remarks you have not )you would be educated enough to know a trap speed of such is indicitave of a car making over 850 to crank on motor alone thats damn near impossible as the full blown gtsr race motors didnt make that.Check ANY of the guys running blowers at around 800 plus to the tires and look at their traps (140 plus range )Maybe instead of SITTING behind a computer you should get out to the racetrack BEFORE you make personal insults to people who have run their cars.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really would you like to wager on that fact.The car had nitrous as it is impossible to trap in that speed range.Years ago i set up the mag test of Dan Blacks DLM stage 2 car .On stock Pilots it trapped high 130s and that car made over 750 to the tire.There is no way a car on all moter a car can come ANYWHERE near the numbers your quoting.

So your saying Norman, and LPE are a bunch of liars?

1999 Dodge Viper RT 10 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're jacked up on this one 1BADGTS, Norm's LPE car is ALL motor and is one bad MFer. Plus his best trap is 148 MPH.
Please we started at a trap of 142 now we are up to 148.Do you guys realize the power involved to get a Viper to trap 148 .Your talking now into the 900 to the tire rand=ge -the baddest blower cars out there run these trap speeds.This flat out can not be done on motor alone.The guy had a big shot of juice behind it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
norm also doesnt have a standard driver in his LPE car, that is one driving **** piloting it

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
norm also doesnt have a standard driver in his LPE car, that is one driving **** piloting it
Plum out of curosity what horsepower are you making with your DLM car.Also what does it trap at.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps if you go back and look a buddy of mine Don NASE WHOS IS NOW A PRO DRAG RACER used to race his Gen 2 with me.The car on 12 to 1 pistons ,open headers ,drag shocks ,full slicks skinnys ,no front seat ,no air conditioning plus half the interior removed ran 10.3s at 136.On yeah and i forgot the 75 shot of juice he had along with the above.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ps if you go back and look a buddy of mine Don NASE WHOS IS NOW A PRO DRAG RACER used to race his Gen 2 with me.The car on 12 to 1 pistons ,open headers ,drag shocks ,full slicks skinnys ,no front seat ,no air conditioning plus half the interior removed ran 10.3s at 136.On yeah and i forgot the 75 shot of juice he had along with the above.

So are you calling Norman and LPE liars?

1999 Dodge Viper RT 10 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam saying the car you referenced ran mid 9s at 145 its IMPOSSIBLE to run that on all motor if you have ever raced a Viper in your life you would know its impossible as that trap speed is indicative of 900 plus horsepower .You simply cant make that on motor.The fastest SUPERCHARGED GEN 2S in the world run those times.Seen and raced MANY HMS ,TNT LPE ect.The baddest Lpe strokers out there (550 CU) TRAPPED IN THE 133-134 RANGE ON STOCK TIRES AT SEA LEVEL TRACKS.pULL UP ant HORSEPOWER INDICATOR CHART AND PLUG IN A 3400 LB CAR AND MID 140S TRAP SPEEDS and see what the claimed power out put is.That tell me how you can make that power in a Gen 2 VIPER on motor alone without Juice.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Iam saying the car you referenced ran mid 9s at 145 its IMPOSSIBLE to run that on all motor if you have ever raced a Viper in your life you would know its impossible as that trap speed is indicative of 900 plus horsepower .You simply cant make that on motor.The fastest SUPERCHARGED GEN 2S in the world run those times.Seen and raced MANY HMS ,TNT LPE ect.The baddest Lpe strokers out there (550 CU) TRAPPED IN THE 133-134 RANGE ON STOCK TIRES AT SEA LEVEL TRACKS.pULL UP ant HORSEPOWER INDICATOR CHART AND PLUG IN A 3400 LB CAR AND MID 140S TRAP SPEEDS and see what the claimed power out put is.That tell me how you can make that power in a Gen 2 VIPER on motor alone without Juice.

Its already been done. So its not impossible.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELLO i just went on the horsepowerr indicator chart a 3500 lb car trapping at 146 mph with a suspension optimized for drag racing (which the VIPER is not )is making 850 HORSEPOWER.Show me how this can be done on all motor .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 68 cuda went 9.9s and it was a 3,000 street car with a 440. The Viper engine starts with tons more power and is easy to modify. Basically a V10 is a 360 race (W6 heads) engine with 2 extra cylinders. Although it is difficult to get a 360 going 9s without Nitrous it's not uncommon.

My Moroso Power-speed calculator says 780hp makes 140mph at 3400#. My Viper went 10.5@139mph on Pilot sports - back when it had only 698rwhp.

So you're now saying that the OLD hemis and 440s are faster than the Viper engines? Stock Gen 4 Vipers go 10s according to U and Furman. but modified Vipers can't pick up a second and go nines? My n/a 440 GTX went low 10s with a 440. If I would have been running a V10 engine back then it easliy would have gone 9s.

You must be registered for see images

There is also a TT Viper that only managed 10s on that site with 1035rwhp so although the Powerspeed calculator is a great tool, it is JUST A TOOL.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let them come on here PERSONALLY(NOT THRU YOUR HERESAY ) and tell me they ran a mid 9 at 146 mph without nitrous ON all motor and i will call EVAN SMITH today AND GET THAT CAR in Mopar Perf Mag.ALSO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM WITH A WAGER.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 68 cuda went 9.9s and it was a 3,000 street car with a 440. The Viper engine starts with tons more power and is easy to modify. Basically a V10 is a 360 race (W6 heads) engine with 2 extra cylinders. Although it is difficult to get a 360 going 9s without Nitrous it's not uncommon.

My Moroso Power-speed calculator says 780hp makes 140mph at 3400#. My Viper went 10.5@139mph on Pilot sports - back when it had only 698rwhp.

So you're now saying that the OLD hemis and 440s are faster than the Viper engines? Stock Gen 4 Vipers go 10s according to U and Furman. but modified Vipers can't pick up a second and go nines? My n/a 440 GTX went low 10s with a 440. If I would have been running a V10 engine back then it easliy would have gone 9s.

You must be registered for see images

There is also a TT Viper that only managed 10s on that site with 1035rwhp so although the Powerspeed calculator is a great tool, it is JUST A TOOL.

Ted
Ted no kidding for once iam glad to hear from you as your Viper is A PERFECT EXAMPLE HERE.YOU RAN 139 mph MAKING 700 to the tire on a SUPERCHARGED engine which is equal to 850 horsepower to the crank .This guy is claiming 146 MPH trap speeds on ALL MOTOR ALONE NO BLOWER NO TURBO NO JUICE it cant be done.Vipers suspensions **** in regards to drag racing .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember you 440 also was a 550 lse lighter than a Gen 2 Viper and had a suspension optimized for drag racing .Even with the above it a 9.9 is a long way from a mid 9 at 146.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let them come on here PERSONALLY(NOT THRU YOUR HERESAY ) and tell me they ran a mid 9 at 146 mph without nitrous ON all motor and i will call EVAN SMITH today AND GET THAT CAR in Mopar Perf Mag.ALSO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM WITH A WAGER.

Quit avoiding my question. Answer it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit avoiding my question. Answer it.
If the man comes on here personally and tells me he ran a mid 9 at 146 on moter of coarse i will say its BS RIGHT THEN .wHY ARE YOU SPEAKING FOR HIM .lET him CLAIM THAT .iAM SAYING you ARE THE LIAR NOT HIM UNTILL HE POSTS THIS HIMSELF

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vIPEUPP ,vIPER drag racing expert (from behind your computer of coarse )EXPLAIN HOW Teds supercharged CAR MAKING 850 to the crank or 700 to the tire is trapping at 139 mph and you friend on all motor alone is making more power and trapping 146 mph on motor alone.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your DRAG RACING 101 AS you obviously dont understand the connection between trap speed and horsepower .

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vIPEUPP ,vIPER drag racing expert (from behind your computer of coarse )EXPLAIN HOW Teds supercharged CAR MAKING 850 to the crank or 700 to the tire is trapping at 139 mph and you friend on all motor alone is making more power and trapping 146 mph on motor alone.

Theres no denying whats been done. Your just a dillusional troll.