New Wheels for the Viper

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Forgeline SP3P wheels on my Viper(Chrome Lip, and Chrome Center). They're 19's in the front, and 20's in the rear with pirelli rossos. The weight of my stock wheels is ridiculous compared to the SP3P's, the forgeline wheels are very VERY light! The viper is a completely different machine now with these wheels, I can't even explain how happy I am. The car is very responsive and sticks unbelievably well. I plan on installing the clubsport motons and autoform roll bar soon after I get my next car, sometime before 2008.

Here are some photo's

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some sweet looking wheels, I think they go perfect with your Viper. I have been looking at the exact same design for wheels, you beat me to it. I was either going to go with the iForged Formula Classic, HRE 547R, HRE 597R, or the Forgeline SP3P. They all look very similar. I take it those are polished? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and how much did they set you back? How much do they weigh? For sure a good pick, really makes your Viper stand out. :2tu:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deam, I love your choice of wheels. You have an awesome looking snake. I would definitely go with the moton setup, trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice setup. I realized the same benefits when i switched to HREs. The car performs much better when you take off the heavy stock set up.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wheels look great!!! I just switched my 5 spokes to copperheads and PS2's and can beleive the weight difference, close to 50 lbs. Now that your wheels/tires jump out, you really need to get it lowered.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are the rosso's being produced again in the 345 20/20? Also that is the best wheel in my opinon that are out right now. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the same set with gun metal center for my silver srt. Nice

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deam, it looks sick!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see in person. And it will look amazing after you lower it.
Good Choice!!!!!!!

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choice of wheels!! It looks great and now I can see why you might lower it a little. Just a little though.

Good work.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's a cop when you need one?
Your parked in a handicap spot!!!!!!

j/k

Wheels look great...

Can't wait to show pics of my car with the new wheels...
Should be around 2 weeks...

Joe

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same wheels I am in process of getting for my Gen II. Just received my Gunmetal color sample today from Forgeline to put it up against my car and check color. I want to run 19-20 staggered also but the ps2's are back ordered in 20's. How noisy are the Pirelli's? Had them on my 911 and they were way too loud. I am either going gunmetal or black. Car looks good!!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would wait for the PS2's. What color is your car. Check out JayW1 Viper, he has the Gunmetal color on his GenII, and I must say they look awesome to say the least. I am thinking about maybe getting the gunmetal color also for my GenIII black viper.

Here is a link to a good wheel thread http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/594700-ultimate-wheel-thread-4.html

Same wheels I am in process of getting for my Gen II. Just received my Gunmetal color sample today from Forgeline to put it up against my car and check color. I want to run 19-20 staggered also but the ps2's are back ordered in 20's. How noisy are the Pirelli's? Had them on my 911 and they were way too loud. I am either going gunmetal or black. Car looks good!!

Forgeline SP3P 20x13 rear, 19x10.5 front, Gunmetal centers, chromed lips (standard size lips) Michelin PS2's 335-30-20 rear, 285-35-19 fronts; stock height

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Deam, do you mind sharing the price of your wheel and tire combo?

Best wheels I've seen on a GENIII Viper, I can't get over how wicked they look. When my day comes and I get my car, those wheels will be the first of to do's.

Also, is your car lowered?

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments :)

The Pirelli tires arent noisy at all. Love them, but don't know if i'll be able to pick up another set when I'll need new tires. Are they're discontinued or backordered?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody with good photoshop skills I would REALLY love to see the Forgeline SP3P 20x13 rear, 19x10.5 front, Gunmetal centers, chromed lips wheels on one or both of these pics. This is to help me decide if they are what I want. I think they look darn **** but want to make sure before purchasing. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deam, they are discontinued and have been replaced by the new "Nitto" tire line.

Why does tirerack say backordered if they're discontinued? I don't think I would want to go with Nitto's, i would just go with ps2's although they're noticeably bigger than the invo's.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pirelli's in that size were discontinued last year. They don't make them any more, so Nitto picked up the slack.

I love the ps2's but they are just too big.....since mine is lowered they rub the inner fender liners and put holes in them.

I actually just ordered up a set of Invo's.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pirelli's in that size were discontinued last year. They don't make them any more, so Nitto picked up the slack.

I love the ps2's but they are just too big.....since mine is lowered they rub the inner fender liners and put holes in them.

I actually just ordered up a set of Invo's.

how low is your car again? The front wheels look like they only have about 1/4" clearance before they rub, how do you get away with lowering it without rubbing issues :dunno:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how low is your car again? The front wheels look like they only have about 1/4" clearance before they rub, how do you get away with lowering it without rubbing issues :dunno:

low...but it never rubs in the front, the wheels tuck up in there with out touching anything. The back will rub the fender liners with the ps2's.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Deam, do you mind sharing the price of your wheel and tire combo?

Best wheels I've seen on a GENIII Viper, I can't get over how wicked they look. When my day comes and I get my car, those wheels will be the first of to do's.

Also, is your car lowered?

I had quotes from $6480-$8000 with tires? Call forgeline then shop around.

No the viper isn't lowered yet

Last edited: