surch viper...in budget

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hallo everybody... i'm Van de Walle Norbert from Belgium , also member BELGIUMBARRY on VTCOA.com with my SRT10 truck...:D

Now after some (amateur) racing on our circuit in Zolder with the truck :omg: my son and me are looking for a dedicated car instead of driving our daily ones...

Hoping to be able to buy a viper :confused: we surch a bit the net but see problems with our budget...:(

Can we find a coupe in a reasonable condition ( minor mechanical works don't matter, cosmetic not at all ) for around 30K ?

Even a salvage title is no problem for me if i know what happend and how it was rebuild.

Please feel free to PM me or reply's with offers...

Greetz from Belgium .. enjoy your beautys :2tu:
You must be registered for see images attach

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Barry--and good luck in your Viper search...you'll see many, many Vipers in the price range you wish to spend. Hope to see you soon here as Viper Owner turned VCA Member!!~~~Keep us posted! ~juli

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Barry--and good luck in your Viper search...you'll see many, many Vipers in the price range you wish to spend. Hope to see you soon here as Viper Owner turned VCA Member!!~~~Keep us posted! ~juli

thanx Juli... :headbang: but.... on the sites i don't see that many coupe's under the 40K... :confused: no matter how old they are... or are there places to look for the more 'used" ones ????
thanx

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx Juli... :headbang: but.... on the sites i don't see that many coupe's under the 40K... :confused: no matter how old they are... or are there places to look for the more 'used" ones ????
thanx

Hmmmm...can't really help you with that...except for checking Ebay? What specific year/Gen Viper are you looking for in a coupe? If '06...yeah, that'd be tough to get around 30K...I wish you the very very best of luck though, and I know with perseverance, you will find a coupe you desire...the GTS coupes really hold their value. Others can chime in where they think you can look, I can't think of anything else right off the bat, sorry! ~juli
http://forums.viperclub.org/2453225-post1.html
(Just noted this--maybe they can help you find what you are looking for? Also maybe Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge/Roanoke Motors in VA/Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge...don't know which of these have what you are looking for, but you could PM them and ask your specific questions?)

Last edited:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's going to be hard finding a coupe(96 and after) for $30,000. I recently bought a 96 for $45,000 and that was a pretty good deal. However, I was looking for low miles and blue/white combo. I also don't know what the taxes and things will be for you.

Since you are looking at ones with minor mechanical work, you should be able to find something in your price range.

Good luck. I really hope it works out for you.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had contact with Jake... a member here ? for his car...
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
salvage title...so i tought could be possible in the 30K range ??? Perhaps more for a ACR... but this isn't one ???
If you see this Jake... 30K ... give it a tought...:dunno:

This is a rare GTS/ACR silver/blue striped coupe...$38.5K cash...maybe if you're willing to PAY in cash, he'd accept a bit lower offer? This is one of very few made (1 of 50 was it?). Be good to really think about this one, and probably be kinda quick, this WILL get grabbed up. Good Luck! ~juli

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a rare GTS/ACR silver/blue striped coupe...$38.5K cash...maybe if you're willing to PAY in cash, he'd accept a bit lower offer? This is one of very few made (1 of 50 was it?). Be good to really think about this one, and probably be kinda quick, this WILL get grabbed up. Good Luck! ~juli
yes, but it isn't a ACR... seems to have just the stickers...:confused:

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
This might be a good thread to read through. Woodhouse has one of the largest Viper Pits in the U.S. You might want to contact some of the U.K members and see if they can offer some ideas for you. Here is their website.

dodge viper for sale picture at ukviperclub.org
Take your time looking and happy hunting.

http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-...irst-time-buyers.html#post2400410#post2400410

thanks.. but in the UK that club has 2 cars for sale ... a 94 and a 95...nono, i look in the US :headbang: :usa:

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm...yeah, that would have to be researched...if saying it's an ACR, should have the ACR package added to the GTS? ~juli

sorry , i got more info... it's indeed a ACR but doesn't have the original suspension... now the stock factory ones...
sorry for the doubts...:ouch: :eek:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry , i got more info... it's indeed a ACR but doesn't have the original suspension... now the stock factory ones...
sorry for the doubts...:ouch: :eek:

Hey, that's what research is for, right?!! How do you know if you don't find out/ask??!!!
Good for you for looking into it! You can always switch out the suspension if wanted.
Good Luck on your search still...keep us posted!!! ~juli

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent you a PM on a 97' Blue and White GTS

thanx for the offer... i keep it in mind....
look, i want to be honest without offend..isn't that car and his price as so many on the sites ? Or can you explain why this one could be a deal for me ?

What i here want to highline is that color doesn't matter to me as the car will be completely redone with advertising as our company vans....
thanks

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look, i want to be honest without offend..isn't that car and his price as so many on the sites ? Or can you explain why this one could be a deal for me ?
What i here want to highline is that color doesn't matter to me as the car will be completely redone with advertising as our company vans....
thanks

The VIPER is gonna be regaled with advertising decals/paint/logos???? Well...that probably changes things...is this car going to be DRIVEN to company events? Then you want a SHARP-looking Viper...is this Viper going to stay in one place just to advertise? Then, you can look for a higher mileage Viper, lower cost. What is the purpose of having the Viper for you, Barry? THAT is the question now, don't you think? ~juli

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VIPER is gonna be regaled with advertising decals/paint/logos???? Well...that probably changes things...is this car going to be DRIVEN to company events? Then you want a SHARP-looking Viper...is this Viper going to stay in one place just to advertise? Then, you can look for a higher mileage Viper, lower cost. What is the purpose of having the Viper for you, Barry? THAT is the question now, don't you think? ~juli

sorry if i look rude...purpose will be circuit racing and shows as advertising for my company and inviting clients to co-pilot or even drive the beast on the track...just a racing-team on small scale , amateurs.I may be wrong , :dunno: , but i looked at ebay and concluded that on the ones with real bidding ( let's say at least 4 bids... ) the prices don't go that high... seen for cars asked 50K they go 30K... 60K cars go 40K... ofcorse owners don't let them go i suppose but why isn't there one that scores the asking price ??? Perhaps ebay is just for playing ??? sorry , i'm nooby in this...
now i'm going even further... tought a race viper ( what would be the ideal eyecatcher ) was way beyond my budget... it isn't.I'm even on a deal for one...:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry if i look rude...purpose will be circuit racing and shows as advertising for my company and inviting clients to co-pilot or even drive the beast on the track...just a racing-team on small scale , amateurs.I may be wrong , :dunno: , but i looked at ebay and concluded that on the ones with real bidding ( let's say at least 4 bids... ) the prices don't go that high... seen for cars asked 50K they go 30K... 60K cars go 40K... ofcorse owners don't let them go i suppose but why isn't there one that scores the asking price ??? Perhaps ebay is just for playing ??? sorry , i'm nooby in this...
now i'm going even further... tought a race viper ( what would be the ideal eyecatcher ) was way beyond my budget... it isn't.I'm even on a deal for one...:2tu:

Oh, no, Barry--you do NOT look rude at all!!! Sorry, I probably came across as rude...just trying to figure out how to help you get the BEST Viper that fits your needs here!! VERY cool then if the car would be used by drivers to co-pilot or drive!!!! Then, yessssss, you need a VERY SPECIAL Viper for that...I am a newbie at Ebay, I don't use it, never have...so that is out of my league there...I don't know about the prices either...never had to look at them...so I'm not helpful for you at all in this venture...I'm sorry if I appeared that I COULD be helpful!!! I wish you the VERY best of luck and that you get the Viper that fits you perfectly and your company!!! :2tu: ~juli

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

thanks

Sorry. I thought a 97' Blue and White with 27k miles and a clean title was a very good deal at $36,500.00 I guess I was wrong.

OP
OP
B

BELGIUMBARRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. I thought a 97' Blue and White with 27k miles and a clean title was a very good deal at $36,500.00 I guess I was wrong.

i don't say you're wrong... could be a good deal on a nice proposal...just veryfied on Ebay that such car is bidded for the most 32K... :dunno:
Look, i know, i buy from europ, much more neutral and investigating, not in a hurry ... normal such cars are bought with passion , love at first site , touching the car... i must do it with some pics, believe the story behind it and risk the moment of arrival opening the container...
So, again , you're car can be a hell of a deal but i don't feel right about it... think i can have more for less $... can be wrong, only myself to blame...:guilty:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave