Things to look out for or check when buying a GTS or ACR???

FIREITUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems every make and model of car has its problems or things to look out for when purchasing one. What are some things I should be paying attention to when looking at a 99-01 GTS/ACR?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay attention to how you look! Alway dress nicely while driving your Viper. You will have your picture taken more times during a Saturday drive than you have had your entire life. I kid you not!:D

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It is one of the best places to find information that you need. As put above, if you do a search under ACR, you will find a ton of stuff. More specific questions that have not been answered before, I am sure, will be better received. Best of luck in your search for information.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are pretty good cars that do not have many problems.

Pending on age I may check for sagging doors.

ACR I would check the shocks for leaks etc... They are very expensive to repair and cannot be replaced since they do not sell them anymore.

I would also look for normal stuff like oil leaks etc that all cars get with a lot of miles or age.

Check caliper for yellowing letters indicating it was tracked or driven very hard.

If I was you I would buy a copy of The Dodge Vipers Buyers Guide. It is an excellent book with all your answers. And search, many threads about this topic.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make sure its had no body/paint work done. This is HUGE,,,, These cars never seem to be right after an accident, and many have been hit before. Weather the next owner knows that or not... There are common issues that all these cars have, or will have... But as long as you start off with a "no stories" car. You'll be fine...

My adivce, buy from someone like BJmotors.. You can be sure anything he's selling, is the real deal... Taking a chance on an Ebay car to save a few bucks, might come back to bite you.. Although, there ARE good cars on Ebay... Just too many things to look for.. have someone with a good eye,knowledge of vipers, and a non-biased opinion, look at the car for you..