VCA Membership

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the 2008 memberships available yet or not? Want to get mine but we're (w. Canada)on hold as they decide how much to charge for 08:dunno: :dunno:

Really want to get the mag and how-to info.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anything yet from the Western Canada leaders. :dunno: I'm sure that we are on there list and will be contacted soon enough.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should be available immediately, however I think Canada has traditionally handled them differently. While the US now pays VCA HQ directly (check or credit card), the regional Canadian clubs still collect the dues themselves as I recall. Not sure why - just how it is. As the Canadian dollar is currently worth more than the US dollar (sigh...) I suspect that your renewal rates should be very similar to the US...

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should be available immediately, however I think Canada has traditionally handled them differently. While the US now pays VCA HQ directly (check or credit card), the regional Canadian clubs still collect the dues themselves as I recall. Not sure why - just how it is. As the Canadian dollar is currently worth more than the US dollar (sigh...) I suspect that your renewal rates should be very similar to the US...

You are right, Chris, for some unknown reason the fees are collected at the regional level. I am told by our membership guy that doing it this way expidites the memebership process, somehow. :dunno: You could call HQ and do it over the phone, I don't endorse that practice, though.
With respect to the rates, "suspect" (as you say above) is the operative word here. The fees have traditionaly been slightly higher than the exchange rate would have seemed to justify, I can only hope that with the situation now reversed that the fees should be proportionatly lower than they are in the US. :rolleyes:
As delusional as that sounds, it's the way it should be.;)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
over here we individually send $45 to VCA HQ and the remaining $55 should be collected by the UK club

the US dollar exchange rate crashed to an 48 year low this week, which is good for us as we get over 2 for a UK £, making things brought in the US even cheaper for us :cool: , though very expensive for any US tourists in the UK

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the US dollar exchange rate crashed to an 48 year low this week, which is good for us as we get over 2 for a UK £, making things brought in the US even cheaper for us :cool: , though very expensive for any US tourists in the UK

Yup, even € -> $ is at a very good point for Europeans. I have been on quite the shopping spree on Ebay the past few weeks, all of them Viper scale models for dirt cheap:eater:
When I logged in this morning I saw my stuff came through so big YAY for me and a VERY big Thanks with capitol T to Scott and Chris :drive: *keeps fingers crossed for a cool Associate Membership card with # *

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, even € -> $ is at a very good point for Europeans. I have been on quite the shopping spree on Ebay the past few weeks, all of them Viper scale models for dirt cheap:eater:
When I logged in this morning I saw my stuff came through so big YAY for me and a VERY big Thanks with capitol T to Scott and Chris :drive: *keeps fingers crossed for a cool Associate Membership card with # *

:clap2: Congratulations, Willem and Welcome Aboard the NY/CT ride....it's a wild one!!! :woot: Scott & Chris rock!! :headbang: :headbang: ~mike & juli~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper