Street Serpent #5

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are truely nice cars.
I love my car the way it is. I've be building hot rods for 15yr and have had 2 seperate issues with the wheel spacers. One on a 1967 mustang and one on a 1940 ford coupe. On both machines the front spacer cracked where the nuts are countersunk into the piece. That could lead to a deadly crash. I'm not saying that the craftsmanship hasnt changed over the years but I will say that the hub and the spacer are the same material. We all know what happens when two different types of metal are in contact and start to corrode. So the wider body without getting extended arms for me is out, I'm threw replacing fenders. AGAIN, not to get flammed or start issues, this is what happened to me. I just love the look and would be content with the std size.
Not to mention you attn to detail on the body fitment. I'm paying my body guy big bucks to get my TT 1932 dodge to have lines like those.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my car the way it is. I've be building hot rods for 15yr and have had 2 seperate issues with the wheel spacers. One on a 1967 mustang and one on a 1940 ford coupe. On both machines the front spacer cracked where the nuts are countersunk into the piece. That could lead to a deadly crash. I'm not saying that the craftsmanship hasnt changed over the years but I will say that the hub and the spacer are the same material. We all know what happens when two different types of metal are in contact and start to corrode. So the wider body without getting extended arms for me is out, I'm threw replacing fenders. AGAIN, not to get flammed or start issues, this is what happened to me. I just love the look and would be content with the std size.
Not to mention you attn to detail on the body fitment. I'm paying my body guy big bucks to get my TT 1932 dodge to have lines like those.

get a custom made rim with the correct offset, and longer wheel studs and you dont need spacers! :D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff doesn't use the spacers made by JC whitney.....:rolleyes:

There aren't any countersunk nuts. The standard length wheel studs are replaced with ET, or extra long studs. The spacer is a billett alum. plate with machined holes that fit tight around the studs. Then the wheel and lug nuts. Basically like having an extra thick wheel hub.

They are the same spacer used on the Comp Coupe...

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff doesn't use the spacers made by JC whitney.....:rolleyes:

There aren't any countersunk nuts. The standard length wheel studs are replaced with ET, or extra long studs. The spacer is a billett alum. plate with machined holes that fit tight around the studs. Then the wheel and lug nuts. Basically like having an extra thick wheel hub.

They are the same spacer used on the Comp Coupe...

What he said. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets