Rear emblem placement help

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know where the rear bumper emblems are to be placed? Mine were stripped off when I got the car and I have no idea what dimensions to go off of to get them placed.

Of course my 2001 service manual shows exactly where to put the hood emblems, but nowhere in there specifies the dimesions for the rear emblems.

thanks!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where the rear bumper emblems are to be placed? Mine were stripped off when I got the car and I have no idea what dimensions to go off of to get them placed.
Of course my 2001 service manual shows exactly where to put the hood emblems, but nowhere in there specifies the dimesions for the rear emblems.
thanks!

I have pics where we placed our chrome emblems for our '05, so don't know if the placement is much different with your '01? ~juli
croppedviper.jpg

Don't know if this is helpful at all...with your RT against our '05 Viper...probably JUCD is more helpful!!! ~juli
This is also in the 'gallery' if close-up helps more? If not helpful...sorry!

Last edited:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be tired today because I thought you were talking about buying some durrrr.

Anyway send me your e-mail addy and i'll send a pic of my rear end to you to show where the emblems go.

OP
OP
K

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks JUCD! PM sent...

Cool... looks like they're centered under the backup lights... At least I won't be way the heck off if I get close to that... Not like you can really see them anyway with the car red and the emblems red :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JUCD! PM sent...
Cool... looks like they're centered under the backup lights... At least I won't be way the heck off if I get close to that... Not like you can really see them anyway with the car red and the emblems red :)

Sorry I was not helpful, looks like ours wrap around more...yeah, red on red is tough!!! Good Luck on the placement, they'll look great~~~juli

OP
OP
K

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got em! Thanks again JUCD... that gives me a really good reference point. Looks like they go right off the seam of the trunk lid. Now if I can just get them straight... :)

BTW: looks like we have the same stereo head unit... Alpine is the way to go!!!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just replaced mine with Silver on a 94. Find center of the rear facia measure 15.5" to each side, and place a peice of tape or mark with a removeable felt marker. After getting the measurement, the E in Dodge will be 15.5 from center and the V in Viper will be 15.5 from center. Center the letters on the curve of the rear facia. Hope this helps.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be tired today because I thought you were talking about buying some durrrr.

Anyway send me your e-mail addy and i'll send a pic of my rear end to you to show where the emblems go.

i'll send a pic of my rear end to you

If there was ever a rising fastball right over the plate - that was it, and nobody swung!

Glad it got worked out.:2tu:

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JUCD! PM sent...

just replaced my back and side stock reds with editted gen 3 black decals....tis nice!
sneaky pete badges are gone too - only fangs for me
...on the only red and black in the uk yay! :D

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poser!

You droped sneaky pete and took fangs, geeze....
needed a new medallion down at the club :bling:

after seeing my friends comp coupe tearing up the opposition on most uk circuits and aiming my vid cam mostly at it's front end coming through the track corners, i find the fangs just looks much more supreme and sinister than the sneaky alternative (although i am quite sneaky myself! :naughty: )