Post your Nitrous setups with Pics

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been searching around and have not really found any setup's with pics. I would like pictures and details of setups from people that are running Nitrous, it doesnt even have to be the Gen 3. I would just like to see how everyone else set theres up, placement of Fuel solenoid, purge, lines, bottle placement, extra gadgets, gauges, etc. I am sure there are really nice setups and when I get back plan on cleaning up my setup more. I would also like possible dyno graphs, jettings used, etc. I am really curious to what people are running with say a 100 shot, 150 shot, 200 shot, etc, especially on the SRT10's, what combo jettings worked for you, etc.

A couple months ago I posted mine that is running a 200 shot asking for input. All I really got was it could look cleaner and someone posted a pic of a Vette as far as ideas :nono:. I would like Vipers, not Vette's for ideas, although I am not saying it wasn't a clean setup. Here is a couple pics after doing a little bit of wire cleanup before I got sent back out to Iraq :( The original installer did a pretty sloppy wiring job. I do plan on running another 10lb bottle right next to the current one. Thank you all ahead of time, this truly is a wonderful site.

You must be registered for see images attach

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say I've seen any really nice installs on a genIII or a gen II or I for that matter. Most people go other routes when looking to up the power levels. Your best bet is to broaden your horizons a little, go out into the world and look at some other cars and try to reproduce the look on the viper. That vette had one of the cleanest installs I've ever seen.

the job on your car reminds me of somthing I'd see on an 18 yr olds honda civic out at the late night illegal street races.

IMG_0411.jpg

blue anodized and brass compression fittings with a little teflon tape/sealant - doesn't get much uglier than that but those twisted back straps come close. Anyway you should just try to get them out of sight...then it doesn't even matter what they look like.

I'd try to get ahold of the guy that did that vette and ask him where he got some some of the parts he used. His black hoses are a lot more stealthy than the regular steel braided hoses. Also his bottle mount with the built in heater was really nice as opposed to the NOS bottle warmer and the gold brakets.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just figured others would have good nitrous setups on Vipers here on this site, I know I am not the only one running it. I do agree that it can be cleaned up better than it is, but want to get visual ideas going on how to better it. The vette of course looks clean as it has the valve covers cleaning up the solenoids, hoses, etc. Anyone wondering what vette I am talking about, its this one Plate kit installled with photos.... - Corvette Forum

I do like the cleaner looking black hoses but think the braided silver ones could look nice as well if run better. I will clean up the hoses going from the solenoids to the intake dressing them up better . Is there a good direct bolt on plate that I could use instead of the way I have it now with the holes in the intake?? I see one on nitrousoutlet, but its only for the Dodge Hemi. I do plan on fixing the purge to run back towards the windshield, right now it is shooting straight through one of the hood vents.

I also agree the clamp can be much better. The one that came with the kit is pretty flimsy. Dual Nozzle Viper When I first turned on the bottle, the hose attached to it was loose and leaking, so I was trying to tighten it and it bent the clamp a little, it really didn't take much to bend it. It seems that what came with the NX kit doesn't really go for looks, just performance. I will also get the bottle custom painted as I agree, the white one just doesn't go well. Is there anyone here on the site that can do a good custom paint job on a bottle?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine for a GEN2. Made to look at clean as possible and be easily removed if needed.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri (Redenuff93) has one of the nicest setup's that I have seen on a viper. It is a Gen I but looks very good. He has dual bottles 10 LB in the trunk and the Billet bottle holder. I will try and get some better pics tonight.

Looks like you hid some wires since last post? I don't think your set up looks bad at all, simple but effective.

Ed

R

Rockafella

how much of a boost in hp will 150 shot do?

NX (Nitrous Express) rates their kits at the rear-wheels. So a 150 shot will gain your approximately 150 rwhp (rear wheel horsepower). NOS for instance, uses flywheel horsepower numbers so their 150 shot may only get you 115-125 rwhp.

It's not magic, NX simply allows more nitrous/fuel flow when rating their shots. But personally, they have some of the best kits (quality of solinoids, nozzles, etc.) around...

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will also get the bottle custom painted as I agree, the white one just doesn't go well. Is there anyone here on the site that can do a good custom paint job on a bottle?

I had a bottle custom painted to match the car...always had problems getting the speed shops to fill the bottle - they wanted to see the manufactures stickers - static testing and what not.

NX gives you quality solinoids for sure...with NOS you get dinky little solinoids that are prone to failing. With that, every nitrous kit I have seen leaves plenty of room for improvement. NX gives you the best foundation to start with.

personal preference, I think it looks best when you can't tell it's there.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Might try to leave Viper D a message for some pics as he used to have a very clean install of nitrous prior to going to his awesome twin turbo system. I tried searching for some old pics - but the links were dead.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone.

2001 GTS, I like how your solenoids are all up front so it keeps the rest of the engine very clean from hoses and wires. On mine I just didnt see where I could mount the solenoids up front like that. I really like your setup, very clean.

Rockaffella, you are right NX rates theres at the wheels, some companies do and some dont. With that being said, I am seeing roughly 595rwhp with a 200 shot and a stock dyno gave me 434rwhp. So with the 200 shot that gave me 161rwhp. That is with no other changes, everything else completely stock. However I was running extremely rich with the dyno so I am curious what the rwhp is now. I have not had a chance to redyno it since changing the jets. I also plan on of course upgrading the stock air filters and exhaust, that should give a little more hp.

ACCELLR8, you are correct I did dress up the exposed wires while I had the chance before coming back out here. I really did not like the way they were exposed and well just didnt look good. Still not the exact way I want it but I still plan on dressing it up more once back. That would be great if you could post up the pics of Lauri's setup. You also have a nice setup. Thanks for the compliments by the way.

ILSSMOQ, I didn't know that about speed shops maybe not filling the bottle unless seeing the manufacturer sticker. I will ask before getting it painted at the one shop I go to, but I am pretty sure they wont have a problem with it as they also have custom painted bottles for sale. Good catch though. From the brand new NX kit, believe it or not I had a bad fuel solenoid and had to replace it. NX support is really good and of course is covered. All in all I am very pleased with the kit.

ROCKET62, I PM'd Viper D so hopefully he will respond with the setup and some pics. I am very curious how he did his. Thanks for the reference.

Again everyone thanks for the responses and keep the pics coming. :nitrous:

Last edited:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a PIC of my trunk. Will email Lauri to post a pic of his in this thread. His is the nicest yet.
Nitrous_Tank_Trunk.JPG

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACELLR8, I really like your trunk setup, simple and clean. Where did you get the NX Carpet and blanket from, NX? Or did you make them yourself? That would be a better way of covering up the bottle so it doesnt stand out so much than taking a chance of not being able to get a bottle refill due to it being custom painted. What is that toggle for at the very bottom?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! The carpet Lauri (Redenuff93) had one made for his trunk and my trunk at the same time at a local upholstry shop. I think he charged something like $50. The old RTs don't really have a nice trunk stock. I then took it to a local embroidery shop and she embroidered the NX logo on for $15, she used the sticker as a template. As for the bottle blanket, my wife bought it from Albert (House of Power). He used to be a NX distrubutor and posted on here. Don't think he is a distributor any longer. You should be able to find a local distributor to you in CO that could sell you the NX bottle blankets.

Here is the NX website. Look at find a dealer link.
Nitrous Express Home

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey fellas

Here are some pics of nos/porpane system, its also for sale if anyone has any interest please email me at [email protected]

also the car might be for sale as well. now its tt'd

vd..

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey fellas

Here are some pics of nos/porpane system, its also for sale if anyone has any interest please email me at [email protected]

also the car might be for sale as well. now its tt'd

vd..

Thanks for posting VIPER D. What other mods did you have done to the car at the time of the dyno? What shot were you running? Do you have any pictures of the under the hood? I really love your gauge setup, is the nicest one I have seen.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you need a guy to powdercoat the bottles, i have a guy who does killer work. can do all kinds of custome colors,logo's etc.....i know ya saw my bottles. they were powdered not painted like most people think.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is not a Vette. It's a Ram SRT-10. Justin of JMB Performance makes the kit. He does custom bottle designs too. You can google his shops website or you get his stuff thru PBJ as well.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake,

Nice looking set ups on the SRT Trucks!:2tu: I don't own a Gen III viper but my thoughts would be the solenoid brackets would not fit on one.

I like the dual 10 pound billet bottle bracket set!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake,

Nice looking set ups on the SRT Trucks!:2tu: I don't own a Gen III viper but my thoughts would be the solenoid brackets would not fit on one.

I like the dual 10 pound billet bottle bracket set!
Justin is an excellent fabricator. He may already have something designed for the Gen III cars. I'd check with him if I were looking. :2tu:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is not a Vette. It's a Ram SRT-10. Justin of JMB Performance makes the kit. He does custom bottle designs too. You can google his shops website or you get his stuff thru PBJ as well.

Now those are very impressive! If you going to show off the parts, that's the way to do it!

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake, thank you for posting a truly well put together Nitrous setup. That is just awesome the way the brackets are, the hard lines, the colors, etc. It all fits perfectly without having to hide anything to make it look nice. I know I would have a hood clearance issue with the solenoids on top like that, as it is mine barely fit the way they are now without hitting the hood. I for sure like the hard line idea and will be looking into that. I wonder if with the new 2008 hood, the clearance issue would be no longer? Does anyone know how much more clearance you get with the 2008 hood? Thanks for the pictures guys keep then coming :2tu:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little more clearance with 08 hood but not for sure how much. Ill check it out for you.

Great looking nitrous set ups on this thread.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little more clearance with 08 hood but not for sure how much. Ill check it out for you.

Great looking nitrous set ups on this thread.
After researching the hard lines a bit more, I found out that they leak very easy. I may stick with the lines that came with the kit, but would like to remount the solenoids to make them and the wires look much cleaner. You do bring up a good point Hiss since there is more clearance under the hood which I will be getting, so that now is a possibility, and cleaning up should be much easier with more space. Thanks for looking into this for me Hiss.