Reaction score
I just want to chime in my

FULL SUPPORT

for our latest Viper!

LOVE IT!

GO DODGE!

Can't wait to find out more (color opts, delivery dates, etc) tomorrow

Did I mention I love it!

I am so happy an ACR version of the GenIII/IVs has been created.

AWESOME!

-J

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait till the offical press release. This car sounds like the perfect combination. I don't think I'd go with the ******** package as I'd at least want a radio. :)

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again. The problem with this car is the timing. There is a new Mustang on the front of a magazine with 600hp. The ZR1 is expected to have 650hp. Chrysler has to step it up or the Viper will lose its identity. A second place Viper is not a Viper as it used to be. This Viper will seem awesome, right up until a sh1tty car like a corvette beats the piss out of it. To me, that is unacceptable. I'm sure that if Bob Lutz were still at Chrysler, he would agree with what I am saying. Then again, if he were still with us, there would not be a ZR1.

As far as appearance goes, I give it an "A".

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of things..

1st Chuck.. the 99-02 ACRs did have height adjustments, what the hell are you talking about ?? 3 way adjustable, HEIGHT, REBOUND AND DAMPENING. Ok, but they still sucked, but were better then the stockers on all other gen 2s.

2nd. The Term Big Block doesnt apply to our Cars. We are actually SMALL blocks, which is often defined by its BORE AND STROKE, not its physical size. Effectively we have a v8 small block with 2 more cyclinders added to it. So its pretty much a big blocks displacement, but only because its got 2 more cyclinders.

3rd. I think this car will be sweet, and I am super excited about seeing what the press release says. Maybe they will tell us more power, or even more weight savings. Lets stay tuned. I do have to ask, how does this make the 08 buyers feel? I mean if you knew an ACR was so CLOSE in coming, would you have just waited for the ACRs? Did they just canibilize their own market by announcing this before they got all the 08's rolling ?

My fiddy cents.

Jon

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have to sell my 99' ACR........any buyers???????

:rolaugh: LOVE your ACR, Steve~~as I've had the extreme pleasure of being your passenger at Lime Rock...a day I shall never forget...your car is AWESOME!! Your driving even more so~~ :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ~juli

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add me to the list of those who thinks this car is FANTASTIC. I'm glad it has the unique look to go with ACR. This is one cool Viper.

Bravo!!

Jeff

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are soooo far off base.

If the shocks are 3-way adjustable then that is huge for tracking. The GenII ACR shocks didn't have height adjustment which was a major shortcoming for a car with a "Club Racer" moniker.

The ACR's with Dynamic shocks do. I can adjust ride hight.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see what SRT announces in the next day or so. If this car is delivered with 600hp, it is going to get whipped by the ZR1, which is going to have 650hp at only 3000 pounds. If the magazine is incorrect and it comes out with 675hp, we have a hell of a Viper. I agree with the other member here who mentioned the desirability of the standard Viper. I am guessing that 90% of Viper buyers would rather have this version than the standard Viper.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure that everybody will want this car over the "standard" viper. I am on a mission now to downsize the number of cars that I have. I just do not have the space for four cars (my garage is too low for a lift). I have sold four cars the past three weeks including my 2003 viper. I frankly was tired of everything just sitting and not being used. In addition, I am not in the mood to build a big-a$$ house and my golf course lot is for sale too.

Whew...with that said, this car is not a convertible so 50% of the viper market is unaffected.

My problem now is that I have a 2008 convertilble on order, (I kind of waffled this time one whether I wanted a coupe or not) and if I want one viper in my garage, which one is it going to be?:confused:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A second place Viper is not a Viper as it used to be. This Viper will seem awesome, right up until a sh1tty car like a corvette beats the piss out of it. To me, that is unacceptable. I'm sure that if Bob Lutz were still at Chrysler, he would agree with what I am saying. Then again, if he were still with us, there would not be a ZR1.
Hmmmm... Did you know that the 1990's version of the Corvette ZR1 had MORE factory horsepower than the Viper did in 1993, 1994, and 1995? Didn't kill it then. And with a rumored $120K price tag on the upcoming blueZRdevil1, well, it doesn't worry me much.

Reaction score
As far as the Chebby is concerned I would think the ZRwhatever would be heavier than the current crop because of the added S/C? The ACR should be a real steal as far as track ready cars are concidered (and I for one don't think it looks at all "ricey"). The real difference between it and a prepped race car is that you always have to "build your own", even the Comp Coupe had to be tweeked to get all the potential it has. This is going to be a GREAT factory car that most people will never realize the full potential of, the fact that Dodge is giving this kind of support to the Viper is unheard of.
Thanks guys for making the ACR we will enjoy every one of them!!!

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My recollection on ZR1 HP was that the 1990 through 1992 had 375 HP then the 1993 through 1995 had 405 HP?? I thought the 92 through 95 Vipers were rated at 400 HP? If my feeble old memory is reliable then the Vette had the Viper by about 5 HP from 1993 until 1996 when the Viper increased to 415? At which point the ZR1 was no more after 1995 anyway?

I had a 91 ZR 1 it was a great car but Chevrolet didn't designate dealer techs and very few people could service it, then after Chevy discontinued the car the parts were virtually impossible to get and it was always an enigma for service related issues since the motors were built in Oklahoma at the Mercury plant.

Bob brings up an interesting point in my view, which is that Dodge stands alone when it comes to long term factory support for their Vipers. More importantly, I can't recall ever being able to walk into a dealer and order the Vette equivalent of a ACR club racer? I recall a few challenge Vettes being built in the early 90s for that specific series and some sort of factory program where you could buy a chassis and have it built by an independent contractor into a SCCA legal track car after working directly with Chevy?? But I can't recall ever simply being able to walk into a Chevy dealer for a ACR type Vette? I recall in 1969 being able to order a street legal track ready drag car through their COPO porgram for Camaro's but thats as close as I can remember? Same for Ford.

Today a track enthusiast can order a Porsche 997 GT3 RS with 400 HP which is along the lines of an ACR and Ferrari will sell you a 430 Scuderia with about 500 HP. Neither of which in my opinion as is track ready as the Gen. three ACR IMHO?

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the one I was waiting for.

Glad I did not order the 2008 yet, although the "Snake Skin Green" is just out of this world, IMO.

Maybe there is more than just hope from Cerberus; look to me like these guys are serious about us and our unquenchable thirst for brutal performance.

Hopefully this also means that they are equally serious about keeping the production of the Viper for years to come, even a "Next-Gen" down the road.......

Phil

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how Dodge created that single driver side stripe. Unlike any other.:headbang:

I thought about putting a single strip like that on my 05.

You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE]

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for a really dumb question, but looking at this article, did anyone notice the top speed quote...190....I thought that the convertible did 197 and the coupe was north of 200? I am thinking it is a mistake by the magazine...or a misquote of Herb. I also wish to deny that I would drive that speed on a public highway:D ...Silver State anyone?

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... Vipers are my favorite cars yet I admit that the name and image suffered irreparable damage by being a tad slower than the C6Z06. It was the equivalent of 9/11 on the USA.... Just like the USA, if the Viper takes another hit or two like that in the future, it will be catastrophic.
I also would never like to see a viper slower than a corvette again, But what a bad comparison. It is not and never will be the equivalent of 9/11 on the U.S.A. and The U.S.A. doesn't need to take "another hit or two like that in the future" before its catastrophic. Trust me it was!! Bad, Bad analogy!!!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The last ACR did not have the pressure from the ZR-1. The "stardard" Viper KO'd the C5ZO6. It's not the same as "last time".

700hp 3,100lbs, that will do the trick.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
** BOY- THANK YOU DODGE!! This is HUGE- I'm going to find a way to get one of these in MY garage! I'm too tall for the new coupe, so I'll have to take out one of my vertabre so my head does not rub the roof and loose at least 40 pounds (I'm not the ********* kind any more). They even included the stripe on the steering wheel (did ya'll notice?)! I yelled for that SEMA car..looks like I'm going to get it!

In the mean time, I'll order all those goodies for the extra 75 HP so I can have a SLEEPER!

PBR

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Time for a really dumb question, but looking at this article, did anyone notice the top speed quote...190....I thought that the convertible did 197 and the coupe was north of 200? I am thinking it is a mistake by the magazine...or a misquote of Herb. I also wish to deny that I would drive that speed on a public highway:D ...Silver State anyone?

With added ground effects you will lose top end, but gain down force, for better handling on a track, left, right turns brakeing and high speed stability...
hope this helps.

G

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see this color in the ACR but, leave out the black mid-section, and add polished alloy cross spoke wheels. i.e. GTS-R

viper081.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235