The VCA and SRT are very proud to present...

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harness is it. I wonder if they didn't install a harness because of the recall on the GenII ACR harness?

Yeah the aero should help with any understeer. Scaling will help too. And those Michelins are a pretty dang good tire.

Ok, I agree with Chuck here. Lightening may strike me. I was going to say this before, but he beat me to it. There was the recall on the belts with the original ACR. There is also the possibility that they (Dodge) dont want the liability. It is mystifying to me why they would not include it. The only other thing is that they may just not want the liability at all. Period. I am sure they can design good belts, just that they dont want to take that step. They will never say it, however.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they (Dodge) were to install harnesses would they be adequate (meet the criteria such as FIA rating) for the various racing series? If so, do they have a "shelf" life similar to the FIA belts where they have expiration dates of five years (its either four or five, not positive). Could one send the belts to someone to get recertified?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. I believe the Aero Group is a compromise between the two with some (but not all) of the ACR's looks but no tires, wheels, dive planes, shocks, etc. What Chuck would very affectionately refer to as a "poser package".>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Will the aero group splitter and wing be a "factory-installed" option or dealer-installed on non-ACRs? The brochure seems to imply factory and mentions "late availability" for both coupe and 'verts....does that mean roughly the time the ACRs get rolling? Anybody know?

The orange looks great, much better than I would have imagined....:2tu:

orangeacr4.jpg

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when you thought you've seen it all, Dodge kicks it up yet another few notches. Beautiful car. Great Job!!!

Ivan --

Sorry, I just had to comment on your awesome name. I assume your parents named you as a play on words of the classic 1952 film "Ivanhoe"? :)

/Rich

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan --

Sorry, I just had to comment on your awesome name. I assume your parents named you as a play on words of the classic 1952 film "Ivanhoe"? :)

/Rich

Haha, well, you're an educated man. My father went to school in England and yes, he thought it was cute. All I can do is exploit my name. I tried to watch the film, but it was so so slow, I actually fell asleep during it, but I heard they were going to do a re-make.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the orange two tone ACR Chris... that is the color I will be ordering!
Ray

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the color chart, you can order one of the two tone interiors with a monotone color with or without stripes. The cars with the optional red center stripe have all black ineteriors but it would be great if there was a red stitching option.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the pricing , along with the situation caused by the Momo belts, possibly was part of SRTs decision to forgo the Harness belts. A likely cost of over $1000 ,with install, for a quality set , could have played a hand in the outcome , since a price of under $100,000 was a goal for the mean machine - this could have bumped it over?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could just join the VCA, buy a single raffle ticket (where the odds are incredibly better than the lottery) and win this one. Just a thought... ;)
I hope this hasnt been asked before and if it has, I'm sorry, but I must know. When will we be able to purchase raffles for the new ACR?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this hasnt been asked before and if it has, I'm sorry, but I must know. When will we be able to purchase raffles for the new ACR?
Soon. We are applying for the license and getting all our ducks in a row. As this is the FIRST 2008 ACR (show car, magazine cover car, etc.) we are also determining the "value" for the license as the car will technically be a used car. For those of you in LA - go check it out at this week's Auto Show! :2tu:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soon. We are applying for the license and getting all our ducks in a row. As this is the FIRST 2008 ACR (show car, magazine cover car, etc.) we are also determining the "value" for the license as the car will technically be a used car. For those of you in LA - go check it out at this week's Auto Show! :2tu:
Awesome, thank you Chris for the information. I will for sure be trying my luck with this raffle as well, hopefully better luck this time ;) What I wouldn't give to be at the show. Can someone please get some good high res video if possible and post it on here? I am sure someone will, but I still have to ask the question. It would only be a 20 hour flight from here and well I dont think I can just up and leave at this time or I would for sure. Hmm, maybe I can somehow make this a military/business trip :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just awesome and I may have to order one. Hope to see some at VOI 10 too!! Thanks for putting this video etc. together.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm.... stripe only available in red for red two tone cars and black cars.
Now, can you put a red stripe on that black car please?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME job as always Austin and great to see you back! I tried my hand at some colors myself just for amusement. Decided to keep the stripe color the same as the other parts - red did NOT go well with them. My feeble attempts:

Bright Blue

blueacr.jpg

A Variation on Green

greenacr.jpg

One of my personal favorites

yellowacr.jpg

And one for Viperess just in case she is lurking - hi Laura! :)

pinkacr.jpg

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME job as always Austin and great to see you back! I tried my hand at some colors myself just for amusement. Decided to keep the stripe color the same as the other parts - red did NOT go well with them. My feeble attempts:

Bright Blue

blueacr.jpg

A Variation on Green

greenacr.jpg

One of my personal favorites

yellowacr.jpg

pinkacr.jpg

That is one nice car. Can I have a yellow one? How about a special addition Yellow and Black

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

pinkacr.jpg

Hi Chris!!
First of all lets get something straight, I don't "lurk" I just browse:D
Thanks for the color combo, not too bad. However I think I would reverse the pink and black, as I am definitely partial to black cars.;)
Actually the all black looks pretty bad a$$.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Rich. Those would be my two color picks.

Austin: MAN, we think ALIKE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the BLACK totally!!! Thank you for coming thru on the ps requests!! You da man....:headbang: :headbang:
LOL: PINK doesn't cut it for me either, tho it does look badasp, Chris!!! I'm with Laura, BLACK all the wayyyyyyy~~~:2tu: ~juli

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I know this is a rendering, but I am assuming you are showing black on grey? I thought black would be black, and the center portion would look no different from the rest of the car, i.e., no such thing as black with black center or black stripe. Only red stripes.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a rendering, but I am assuming you are showing black on grey? I thought black would be black, and the center portion would look no different from the rest of the car, i.e., no such thing as black with black center or black stripe. Only red stripes.

Im showing grey. I know its not an option, but it was a color I liked and thought looked nice. Just thought I'd share.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im showing grey. I know its not an option, but it was a color I liked and thought looked nice. Just thought I'd share.

I liked it, the more BLACK in a Viper the better, even it's a dark grey/charcoal/black~~awesome, Austin!! LOVE it...juli

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone photoshop the solid black car with a red stripe, solid red with dual black stripes and solid black with dual silver stripes please.