What % of Vipers have over 10k miles on them?

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really. What's the point in that.

...no point, I just have too many cars to drive.....I work at home and my daily travels are all very close (small town) to home......I doubt if I drive 10 miles most days....I have other fun cars to drive, so it's not like I'm driving a Neon all the time and just polishing the Vipers:drive: :drive: :drive:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll help up the average. '94 with 90K, and I hear of higher numbers. It's the best daily driver ever - getting to and from "work" is a better part of the day. Like sex, it's better every day, several times, instead of just once a weekend...

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll help up the average. '94 with 90K, and I hear of higher numbers. It's the best daily driver ever - getting to and from "work" is a better part of the day. Like sex, it's better every day, several times, instead of just once a weekend...

...many years ago, my daughter had a black 94 with about 95-96K miles....it ran great.....paint was thin, top was kinda ratty and so was the interior...it hadn't been well cared for to say the least....

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'99 W/ 44K. My buddy is amazed at my high miles! We're at the end of '07 and the car was probably on the street in '98. This puts the car at about 4,400 miles a year.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad my 2000 GTS have about 15,000 miles and my 2000 RT/10 that I bought this year had 197 miles and already just turned over to 5000 miles. Adrian

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
96 GTS w/ 45K miles...I think I would be more worried about driving a 4000 miles 96 than a 40,000 miles 96.
Drive, blow it up, fix it...repeat:D

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '04, bought new in June '05, has 27,200 miles. I live in IA so I don't drive it when there is salt on the roads, so it has really been in service about 24 months considering the time I have been out of the country on business or the road are salted.

I have driven her to NH twice.

I LOVE driving this car!! I also put a few thousand miles on each of my Corvette convertibles, my two sport bikes, and a few thousand on my '68 Impala convertible each year.

I have driven the '69 Corvette 147,000 miles, the '61 Corvette 37,000 miles, and the '68 Impala over 100,000 miles. I had to build my other convertibles to get what I wanted - Corvettes were too slow in '77 when I got out of college.... Since the Viper has entered my fleet the classics see less annual distance.

It is SO great being able to buy a NEW convertible with performance exceeding that of a '69 Corvette!!! GM STILL doesn't build one to that level.......

I am looking forward to toasting the 7/70 warranty on distance before time. I am NOT saving the car for the next owner.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just rolled over 26K last night on the way home from a Viper meeting.

And for those that DON'T drive their Vipers...nanny nanny boo boo, I have more fun than you do! :pbt::*****:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A low mileage Viper is like being married to a beautiful voluptuous woman you rarely touch!

04 SRT w/ 10,252 miles. Over 8500 put on it last year! I really could care less of my miles and I dont track them. I bought this car to drive the snot out of it!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 with 17k on it. And almost all of that was put on it this year. This car will be in the family for many years to come, so I am not worried about re-sale... just making sure I enjoy the California highways while I have the chance. And this is the best therapy I ahve ever had after a long day at work.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A low mileage Viper is like being married to a beautiful voluptuous woman you rarely touch!

04 SRT w/ 10,252 miles. Over 8500 put on it last year! I really could care less of my miles and I dont track them. I bought this car to drive the snot out of it!
Ahhhhh yes........ . But when you do :D
01 ACR 2425 miles;)

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
16000 miles,
1100 of them since purchase 2 months ago... and that's just at the weekends!

south UK roads will probably see first ice next week so will have to leave it alone most of the time.... + my insurance limits me to 3000miles/year.... think i'll be re-newing at 6months!! :D

would say 'high' mileage is 5000+miles/year........??

so e.g. 94 RT with 15k ain't high!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
05 Commemorative Edition, S/C'd, etc. etc. 4,800 miles.......had 2,400 in APRIL of 07 when I bought it.......THESE CARS ARE MADE TO BE DRIVEN......NOT JUSTTO SIT IN THE GARAGE TO LOOK AT!!!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really an interesting post. I am sure some vipers have low miles because of their location in the Northeast or say Midwest. I have had now four vipers that have had more than 50,000 miles each including my 2003 that had 63,000. I hate so say this but I am not going to have a car in my garage and think twenty years from now it is going to be worth xxxxxx many dollars. I just sold my father's 1966 Olds cutlass convertible, which he gave to me when I was sixteen. I restored it and was always worried that it would get a scratch or a tear in the vinyl seats so ultimately I did not get the enjoyment that I thought I would from it. I have more fun and more stress relief from driving my viper than that car.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good. Then it is agreed that we can all drive the crap out of our cars and be considered reasonable.

Good news is, by the time I'm too arthritic to get in and out of mine and I sell it, the 500 mile storage queens will be owned by museums and not for sale.

And my 50K mile '01 GTS will be a low mileage car.

S.I. has a car collection that most people could only dream of owning...

I'll try not to hate on him too much... BUT he does need something Blue in there to complete the overwhelming effect :lmao::lmao::lmao: :eater::eater::eater:

My 06 will have over 10k miles this week :headbang:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2800 miles... 99 ACR.. my last one had 44k before it met its doom at the hands of a "friend" who totaled it.

Rays94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! I'm no longer the one with the highest mileage in this thread :D Have you had any major problems in the 110k miles?
I've owned it for the last 7 months, used to be Joe117's car. I went with him to pick it up when he purchased it approx. 6 years ago. He replaced much of the interior and refreshed the transmission and rear.