Question for Chris Marshall/VCA re ACR Rotors

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for Chris Marshall and our National Officers --

I am interested in retrofitting the lighter Stoptech rotors from the 2008 ACR to my 2008 Viper convertible when it arrives. I believe Stoptech lists the identical spec rotors as their “2 Piece Floating AeroRotor DRK (Direct Replacement Kits)" fitting the stock SRT-10 calipers and pads) in 355mm x 32 mm sizes front and rear. The part numbers for the slotted (non cross-drilled) version of these rotors is 81.263.9911 for the front axle and 81.263.9912 for the rear axle.

Here's my question: Does the ACR rotor have an official Chyrsler or Mopar part number yet that I can order as an "official" OEM part? For liability and competition reasons I would like to be able to say that the part installed on the car is the identical OEM part as installed on the ACR, a Chrysler production vehicle. If not, are there plans for Chyrsler or Mopar to "adopt" this part down the road?

Thanks for you help and your excellent, ongoing efforts to keep us apprised of new developments at SRT.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for Chris Marshall and our National Officers --

I am interested in retrofitting the lighter Stoptech rotors from the 2008 ACR to my 2008 Viper convertible when it arrives. I believe Stoptech lists the identical spec rotors as their “2 Piece Floating AeroRotor DRK (Direct Replacement Kits)" fitting the stock SRT-10 calipers and pads) in 355mm x 32 mm sizes front and rear. The part numbers for the slotted (non cross-drilled) version of these rotors is 81.263.9911 for the front axle and 81.263.9912 for the rear axle.

Here's my question: Does the ACR rotor have an official Chyrsler or Mopar part number yet that I can order as an "official" OEM part? For liability and competition reasons I would like to be able to say that the part installed on the car is the identical OEM part as installed on the ACR, a Chrysler production vehicle. If not, are there plans for Chyrsler or Mopar to "adopt" this part down the road?

Thanks for you help and your excellent, ongoing efforts to keep us apprised of new developments at SRT.

/Rich
Gee ****, talk about putting us on the spot! :D We will need to check with the folks at SRT as that is WAY beyond what I know at this point. No guarantees if/when we can get an answer (they may not even know themselves yet), but will see what we can do! :2tu:

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic, but geez Rich we have nearly identical garages...
E39 Dinan M5
Mini Cooper S
Viper (Duh)
...Suburban.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee ****, talk about putting us on the spot! :D We will need to check with the folks at SRT as that is WAY beyond what I know at this point. No guarantees if/when we can get an answer (they may not even know themselves yet), but will see what we can do! :2tu:

Chris --

Thanks for the quick reply and no worries; just get back to me when you find out something. One of the (very few) advantages of having ordered a graphite bezel for my 2008 is hearing from my dealer that due to production/supply issues my car will be delayed even longer. So hopefully any bugs in the 2008s will be worked out before my car is actually built and by then the rotor question will be resolved.

Keep up the great work.

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic, but geez Rich we have nearly identical garages...
E39 Dinan M5
Mini Cooper S
Viper (Duh)
...Suburban.

Bugeater --

Actually, I do live at your house and just sleep in the garage; when you're out I take the cars for a spin.

By the way, you're now out of beer.:)

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here you go:

-Yes, Stoptech does have off the shelf rotors similar to the ACR units which will fit Vipers for track, but these are not the same as the OEM units on ACR's mostly due to corrosion protection coatings & slight adaptations to the hats.

-Yes, it is expected that Mopar will release the rotors. Further timing on the Mopar release will be announced later.

Part numbers for OEM ACR rotors:

brakes1.jpg

Mopar will sell the full assembly only (hat + disc + fasteners - assembled). If the customer is looking to buy extra loose discs or other parts for the reason of doing their own assembly, it is at their own discretion and they can buy through Stoptech directly. Part numbers are not available but OEM discs are Stoptech off the shelf with additional protection coating.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here you go:

-Yes, Stoptech does have off the shelf rotors similar to the ACR units which will fit Vipers for track, but these are not the same as the OEM units on ACR's mostly due to corrosion protection coatings & slight adaptations to the hats.

-Yes, it is expected that Mopar will release the rotors. Further timing on the Mopar release will be announced later.

Part numbers for OEM ACR rotors:

brakes1.jpg

Mopar will sell the full assembly only (hat + disc + fasteners - assembled). If the customer is looking to buy extra loose discs or other parts for the reason of doing their own assembly, it is at their own discretion and they can buy through Stoptech directly. Part numbers are not available but OEM discs are Stoptech off the shelf with additional protection coating.

Chris -- you rock! Thanks for researching this.

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the ACR press video posted by the VCA officers, an SRT engineer holds up the rotor towards the end of the video. The hat appears to be grey with a stoptech logo and the rotor itself does not appear to be gold colored, just silver; I don't know if this means it is just a zinc coating or some other protective coating.