Coo I spotted a fake ACR!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously I couldn't stop laughing. CLEARLY HAD GTS rims, fog lights and radio, no six point harness. The thing had RED viper GTS ACR decals on it and then there was a Sapphire blue RT/10 with light blue emblems on the rear.:rolaugh:

There were a pile of Corvette's today. Those two both spun their wheels through 1st and 2nd and was a consitant amount of runs for the GTS in the 11's.

--RS

You must be registered for see images attach

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why anyone would pretend to have an ACR is beyond me. Perhaps the wheels are just for the track? Wouldn't explain all of the other oddities. The stripes are '08-skinny. bleh

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people also have a spare set of rims used for drag tires...but...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a real ACR, but the previous owner didn't like cleaning the ACR rims, so he bought a polished set of GTS wheels and put the ACR original rims in his garage at his Miami home. He sold the home and had his nephew store items and throw out others.......yep, his nephew threw out the "dirty, old" rims in the trash!!!

I'll likely buy a set of ACR rims off another VCA member shortly!

Sometimes ACR rims just don't end up where they should; as my car's story attests to.

Regards,
Aaron

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a real ACR, but the previous owner didn't like cleaning the ACR rims, so he bought a polished set of GTS wheels and put the ACR original rims in his garage at his Miami home. He sold the home and had his nephew store items and throw out others.......yep, his nephew threw out the "dirty, old" rims in the trash!!!

I'll likely buy a set of ACR rims off another VCA member shortly!

Sometimes ACR rims just don't end up where they should; as my car's story attests to.

Regards,
Aaron

Threw them out or had them on eBay within seconds of his uncle leaving...
"Oh gosh, uncle. I though they were trash (heh, heh)..."

Could be, but I doubt it, that this yellow is an ACR, but why on earth would you do that to it? What's with that stupid mask on the windshield.:confused:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know both those guys, they are brothers.
They come down to Captree now and then, they are actually very nice guys and like to drag race their cars. That yellow car is certainly distinctive. ;)

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guaranteed the kid didn't throw out the rims. No one is that stupid. He got some cash.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know both those guys, they are brothers.
They come down to Captree now and then, they are actually very nice guys and like to drag race their cars. That yellow car is certainly distinctive. ;)

I nominate you for politically correct poster of the year. :D

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost all ACRs' got radios as only a few did not add in the comfort group when purchased. I put the fog lights in mine because i was not going to be seriously tracking the car & I thought they looked better than the holes w/ the cheap cover.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Threw them out or had them on eBay within seconds of his uncle leaving...
"Oh gosh, uncle. I though they were trash (heh, heh)..."

Could be, but I doubt it, that this yellow is an ACR, but why on earth would you do that to it? What's with that stupid mask on the windshield.:confused:

"What's with that stupid mask on the windshield." He's hoping his Viper will get a leading role in the next Pixar movie CARS II. :rolaugh:

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a 2001 Yellow GTS ACR with the full HMS bodykit and HMS wheels that look similar to the HRE 546s in my neighbourhood. This car looks like the 650R that was on the front cover of Motor Trend years ago. I spoke to the owner, heard the car, and looked at the motor. BONE STOCK! Someone was embarassed. He since had the bodykit removed, used the money to do some engine/exhaust work and is now ready to take on the competition. Personally I am not too fond of the "Jay Leno" front end. My apologies for hijacking the thread. Just thought since we were talking about fake Vipers I would put my two cents in regarding this fellow in my area.

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i know the car,s. these guys are on long island. it is a fake acr, the sticker is even fake. the blue rt has a paxton on it. both nice guys, but why say its something it's not. any one that knows these car's will know it a fake, and anyone who doesnt know these car's wouldn't care.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know the car,s. these guys are on long island. it is a fake acr, the sticker is even fake. the blue rt has a paxton on it. both nice guys, but why say its something it's not. any one that knows these car's will know it a fake, and anyone who doesnt know these car's wouldn't care.

I know these cars very well and could care a less like I posted earlier. But then again opinions are like azzholes, everybody has one.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old Vette guys that used to get the ZR-1 badges put on the rear bumper. That made a little more sense than this...a Viper is bad-asp, ACR, R/T, GTS or SRT.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old Vette guys that used to get the ZR-1 badges put on the rear bumper. That made a little more sense than this...a Viper is bad-asp, ACR, R/T, GTS or SRT.

Reminds me of the ricers in civics that bought "V-Tech" badged in droves back when only the prelude had them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saramartin90