Any tips or tricks for passing CA smog test?

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife is going this morning to a test only center for the smog test. We have done a few "changes" to the Viper and might need some help.

Thanks
Happy Turkey day to all..

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For non-visible mods try a Mopar Performance PCM temporarily....tells the DMV computer what it wants to hear.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Failed smog 3 times. Don't do the "guaranteed to pass" stuff... it won't help.

If anyone has a stock 97 computer they are willing to part with, please pm me. Thanks.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wife is going this morning to a test only center for the smog test. We have done a few "changes" to the Viper and might need some help.

Thanks
Happy Turkey day to all..

It's probably OBD II testing now anyways, as long as your check engine light isn't on, but it works properly you'll be fine. As for the visual inspection...you can't see the cats anyway since there in the sidesills. Not sure exactly how they handle that in CA, but we never bothered with the visual cat check on the vipers in OH.

heeltoe914

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Change the oil,

Get the car very hot and run it at high RPM to the smog shop.

Dont let it sit at the smog shop running.

If you know how lean out the eng for the test a block away from the test shop.

good luck

OP
OP
S

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rob:)

Congratulation:2tu: Where did you have a smog check for you Viper? I believe sometime early next year my Viper is due to smog check.

Happy Thanksgiving:)
Eric

Hay Eric,
long time no talk. I just found (googled) a test only center in Newbury Park per the DMV request. I think it was called Moes test only smog station. passed with flying colors..

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our IM test is based on CA, word for word. The Anchorage Assembly voted last week to end the IM in 2010 since it was prove that just the technology of the new cars reduced emmisions as much as the IM program. We even have a Referee Facility that is from CA and paid by the City. My shop does IM's and I'm still glad it's over. **** tests since 1985. My Viper passes along with my S/C Tahoe. You just have to stay within the rules.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave