An SVS Story - pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to those two, these guys also deserve high-fives for from what many of us have read:

-Macedo Motorsports
-BTR Performance (BTRVIPER)
-DLM (Doug Levin Motorsports)
-Active Engines (Located in Ontario)

Apparently you haven't read much. Do a search for "Kenny's Viper".

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone is so inclined, there is a very very long thread on the alley about this very subject regarding Trents RT/10. I have since deleted the documents but can get them rehosted shortly. Basically he was in this thing for low 6 figures, and upon attempting to pick up the car received a bill that was $100k over the agreed upon price. Seriously. The fact that it had to go before a judge to get settled, and then tossed a rod through the block shortly after the fact says quite a bit.

I still don't get where people say 'they can build a good car'... where? They have this wild full blown race car that grenades the motor everytime they take it out, can't keep a transmission in the thing to save their life, and constantly make up their own new records.

Really, who cares how fast you went on E85, or E70 in a car that barely resembles a viper, with a dry sump GTS-R motor, especially when that speed wasn't much if at all faster than what the guys in street cars were running. . .

Like I have said previously, if you look up the Kane county, IL court records regarding SVS you would be appalled. Even further, check out the background on the SVS family concrete business and who they were involved with prior to sheisting people with sports cars, and you will quickly see the long road of f*cking people out of major dollars (tax payer dollars in that case) is nothing new for these guys.

Hmmm... Maybe they should mark exhaust flange gaskets to boldly? :2tu:

WOW!!!!! :omg: It sounds to me like they are in the ripping of customers business! :( And it sounds like they have been doing it for a long time.

Unbelievable is all I can say!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that the cats out of the bag it sounds like they'll have to start doing business with something other than Vipers. Let's recommend them to the corvette guys... :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These experiences certainly contradicts SVS principles: SVS. Will anyone from SVS come here and state their case?

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These experiences certainly contradicts SVS principles: SVS. Will anyone from SVS come here and state their case?

Tony, its a fair point but I don't think they can. All the data is there. If Jr can't make up stuff and assert its legitimacy (e.g. I directed the build and spec's the cam!!!!) he probably doesn't have anything to say.....:dunno:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry i forgot about DLM everything i have heard about him/his company has been good. the others mentioned i have not heard any first hand accounts of workmanship or satisfaction, not that they may or maynot do good work.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ban SVS from the VCA!!!

I think that is the least we can do for the customers who have been !@#$%!#$ over by SVS!

Now viperless, i'm TOOSLOW.
I had a 04 merci for 4 mts, and that was sweet but TOOSLOW.
Looking for a GT-40. or 08 snake.
or maybe if I ever make it up to Paolo's CPE and take that RED car of his
out, I'll feel new love.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not that my opinion matters but Id rather buy from Henn than SVS...

as much as SVS claims they do fair work... search the court records like rogue said. Its public info. Search all other tuners as well so we dont single out SVS.... I bet they set their own record for most lawsuits on E85332 with their "street car"

Id ban them too, they are just out to **** people

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, my car is getting ready to go right back down for further upgrades. This will be the third time I have used him and everything has been exceptional, and I am extremely picky. Ask anyone that knows me and my car. Kenny's situation was an unfortunate one, but Macedo has MANY happy customers.

Your kidding right!!!!!! After all the crap that happened and the horrible work done on his car all you can say is that it was "an unfortunate situation" ??? What about their attempt to damage UR's reputation? What about Kenny's 28,000?? I see your still his mouth piece here.:mad:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the Mods here havn't deleted this thread. They wouldn't even let Sun Ra Kat post anything about his problem with macedo. They wouldn't even respond to pm's. So what's up mods why the double standard?????????????????:rolleyes:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not that my opinion matters but Id rather buy from Henn than SVS...

as much as SVS claims they do fair work... search the court records like rogue said. Its public info. Search all other tuners as well so we dont single out SVS.... I bet they set their own record for most lawsuits on E85332 with their "street car"

Id ban them too, they are just out to **** people

Almost sounds like there is a competition between SVS and another tuner to see who can have the most court cases. :smirk:

It is to bad that it took so long for this information about SVS to come to the fore front on this site. :dunno:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right!!!!!! After all the crap that happened and the horrible work done on his car all you can say is that it was "an unfortunate situation" ??? What about their attempt to damage UR's reputation? What about Kenny's 28,000?? I see your still his mouth piece here.:mad:

My post was not intended to discuss Kenny and what is known and unknown (hence, one sentence since it was mentioned). My point of the post was more directed to the gentleman looking at buying a car that Macedo did work on and to let him know that I have been extremely satisfied.

I am posting as a happy customer.

Apologies to DrumrBoy for getting off track.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I also own a happy Macedo car. This is a "bad SVS" thread. I almost bought a Venom 550 that had a new SVS engine. Since it left the shop it wouldn't idle when warmed up. SVS did dyno the car (558rwhp), but wanted to get paid to adjust the tune so that it would idle warm? I didn't buy that car. I bought my Macedo car and have 2 of his decals on my car.

Ted

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My post was not intended to discuss Kenny and what is known and unknown (hence, one sentence since it was mentioned). My point of the post was more directed to the gentleman looking at buying a car that Macedo did work on and to let him know that I have been extremely satisfied.

There is a lot of "known" that's for sure.:smirk: I just find it ironic that the way he screwed Kenny then tried to damage UR's character and business that the VCA wouldn't even let Kenny post his findings and troubles. It's a double standard. Do you honestly believe that the problems Kenny had were his own fault? He paid over 28K to have them build his car. You were very lucky that you didn't get screwed. There are others as well not just Kenny. I don't know SVS and if they were laying the screws to this guy then they deserve what they are getting. Shouldn't it be that way for all tuners who frequent this board?????

DrumrBoy props to you for posting this, the community needs to know when tuners are hammering people. Hope you get it all sorted out.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also own a happy Macedo car. This is a "bad SVS" thread. I almost bought a Venom 550 that had a new SVS engine. Since it left the shop it wouldn't idle when warmed up. SVS did dyno the car (558rwhp), but wanted to get paid to adjust the tune so that it would idle warm? I didn't buy that car. I bought my Macedo car and have 2 of his decals on my car.

Ted

Wow Ted good for you. Do the decals make it faster?:lmao:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lot of "known" that's for sure.:smirk: I just find it ironic that the way he screwed Kenny then tried to damage UR's character and business that the VCA wouldn't even let Kenny post his findings and troubles. It's a double standard. Do you honestly believe that the problems Kenny had were his own fault? He paid over 28K to have them build his car. You were very lucky that you didn't get screwed. There are others as well not just Kenny. I don't know SVS and if they were laying the screws to this guy then they deserve what they are getting. Shouldn't it be that way for all tuners who frequent this board?????

DrumrBoy props to you for posting this, the community needs to know when tuners are hammering people. Hope you get it all sorted out.

The VCA (through this administrator, me) allowed Kenny to post his issues over and over and over and over again. Up until we had MULTIPLE complaints from our members regarding spamming the Board repetitively with the same topic rule. Plus Macedo FORMALLY disputed the posts. Once these two things happen the poster is advised to stand down on the topic untill the issue is resolved. To the best of my knowledge that has never happened. There are always two sides to any story like this and while all of us might have our own opinions either way once it spins up to the level it did with this issue it's time to take it off line. It's VERY easy to do a search and find that Kenny was allowed AMPLE bandwidth to air his complaints up until the time there were objections that fell within the rules.

G

grcforce327

And the whining members were wrong and Kenny got totally screwed by Macedo too!!!

Can you say twice??? I knew you could!

:dig:

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are always two sides to any story like this

I agree and deserve the chance to tell the SVS side, even though it seems right now like the verdict has been set.......and perpetuated by the usual suspects

I have no problem with letting the people reading this thread decide whatever they want after I post....

I just please ask the administrators that you don't let this thread get killed after I post my story

Deal?

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also own a happy Macedo car. I bought my Macedo car and have 2 of his decals on my car.

Ted

Knowing what we know about Macedo and his "magic dyno" that seems to always run on the high side and never be able to be duplicated, I posit to you the same inquiry that I did on the Alley:

Have you ever personally dyno'd your car? Or are you just going on the numbers that the previous owner/tuner told you?

I only ask because if you're making over 700 rwhp on a stock head/cam car with a Roe then you officially have one of the strongest Roe blower cars on the entire planet.

And who exactly went 10.4 @ 139 on street tires? If it was you, do you have the time slip? Or was this something that you were told by the previous owner/tuner? Because a 10.4 on street tires would put that car right on par with some of the 1000+ rwhp twin turbo cars.

I was mildly inclined to call BS on your dyno numbers and quarter mile times before, but now that I know it was a Macedo car, I am even more inclined to do so.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've raced against RTTTTed's car when it was owned by Tony from Ohio. I can attest it was a tight/tough car and would run the numbers. On one of our races, he beat me with a 10.6 on street tires to my 10.8(missed 3rd). I was on par for a 10.4/5, but that's racing. I am hoping to get the win next week :D

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA (through this administrator, me) allowed Kenny to post his issues over and over and over and over again. Up until we had MULTIPLE complaints from our members regarding spamming the Board repetitively with the same topic rule. Plus Macedo FORMALLY disputed the posts. Once these two things happen the poster is advised to stand down on the topic untill the issue is resolved. To the best of my knowledge that has never happened. There are always two sides to any story like this and while all of us might have our own opinions either way once it spins up to the level it did with this issue it's time to take it off line. It's VERY easy to do a search and find that Kenny was allowed AMPLE bandwidth to air his complaints up until the time there were objections that fell within the rules.

It never happened here because everytime he tried to give an update you guys deleted it. How is it that macedo scared you so bad??? Did you ever monitor any of the ending that happened and was spelled out on the viperalley website??? Did you hear of how macedo's wife was defaming Underground Racing (Kevin the owner) and got caught red handed??? Did you read about everything that was documented by Underground that was wrong with his car??? Did you see any of the pictures showing the duct tape holding his fuel system together?? Probably no to all of my questions because you guys tucked your head and ran rather than stand behind one of your members. You want both sides ask macedo to give his side and answer the questions about the spark plugs not being long enough. Btw, you didn't ask Kenny to "stand down" you told him he would be banned if he brought it up. You wanted two sides or a "resolution" but won't let him post the results doesn't make sense to me. Regardless, this thread is not about Kenny or macedo, it just looks like a double standard to me.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing what we know about Macedo and his "magic dyno" that seems to always run on the high side and never be able to be duplicated, I posit to you the same inquiry that I did on the Alley:

Have you ever personally dyno'd your car? Or are you just going on the numbers that the previous owner/tuner told you?

I only ask because if you're making over 700 rwhp on a stock head/cam car with a Roe then you officially have one of the strongest Roe blower cars on the entire planet.

And who exactly went 10.4 @ 139 on street tires? If it was you, do you have the time slip? Or was this something that you were told by the previous owner/tuner? Because a 10.4 on street tires would put that car right on par with some of the 1000+ rwhp twin turbo cars.

I was mildly inclined to call BS on your dyno numbers and quarter mile times before, but now that I know it was a Macedo car, I am even more inclined to do so.

Oh yea I know this car the first motor was blown up and Tony sent it to macedo to fix it. It's the sapphire/silver car right. Tony was from Ohio best I remember. I personally saw Tony drag that car many times on street tires and he was running mid to low 11's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger