OBD1 Vs. OBD2

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alrighty ... so for power future ... would a 96 and up obd2 car be a much better investment ... or would an rt10 like a 1994 or something be just as capable.

I know the benifits of OBD2 but with this v10 ... little different story maybe

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a thought... If you plan to do extensive modifications, you may want to go with an OBD-II car for emissions testing concerns. It's much easier to trick the computer in to reporting a healthy emissions system via the OBD-II port than it is to make the exhaust clean enough to pass a sniffer test. Then again, if you have a fuel/ignition map specifically for emissions testing, you may be able to get away with an older car. (This is assuming that you live somewhere with emissions testing and that they do a plug test for OBD-II and a sniffer on a dyno for pre-96 cars.)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about that OBDII crap! Go with a GENI OBDI Viper, then you wont have to worry about emission testing and fooling a cumputer:D ! It is after all a true "roadster" and a REAL Viper! :hmmm: GENI motors are beefier then a GENII motors once you take care of the head gaskets! ie. cross bolt crank shaft, forged rods, forged pistons, bigger head bolt! We don't need no stinking emission!!:lmao:

"My 2-cents"

Do a search here on this topic.

G

grcforce327

Forget about that OBDII crap! Go with a GENI OBDI Viper, then you wont have to worry about emission testing and fooling a cumputer:D ! It is after all a true "roadster" and a REAL Viper! :hmmm: GENI motors are beefier then a GENII motors once you take care of the head gaskets! ie. cross bolt crank shaft, forged rods, forged pistons, bigger head bolt! We don't need no stinking emission!!:lmao:

"My 2-cents"

I'll add my two pennies too!!!Anyone got change for a nickel???:beer:

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"My 2-cents"

Here ..Here !! I agree.:2tu:

OP
OP
S

srt4dubz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alrighty ... its not a selection issue .. its just a question I was wondering about ... and I had to see what some guys had to say ... Question has been answered :smirk:

thanks

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"My 2-cents"

Something I've always wondered Chuck; if the Gen-1 motor is so much beefier than the Gen-2 motors (particularly the 00 and later Gen-2's) why do the Gen-2's make more power from the factory (Gen-1's are 400 BHP, right? 1996 went to 415/450 for the RT10/GTS respectively, and then the RT10 went to 450 in 97, per the IVR). Was it all about the tune they were given? Different Cam? Enlighten us, oh wise and powerful Wizard! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456