DC Performance, we are here to help.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It seems like many of you who frequent the board have had some negative experiences with performance specialty shops in the past. Over the years there have been some real horror stories documented on this site. There are some good companies servicing the Viper community, these you should support

I came to Dodge in 1984 when their idea of a performance car was a 4-cylinder turbocharged compact. The days of Mopar muscle seemed lost during those years.
When the Viper concept car came to the Detroit Auto Show I was amazed, I wanted to be part of this. This started a journey for me that consumed the last 15 years of my life.

For those of you considering a Viper specialty shop, I believe my company DC Performance has much to offer. The fact that we have been doing this for so many years
really helps, we have seen it all and have learned much from experience. We pride ourselves for solving problems that many shops have given up on. What makes us a little different is that we do almost anything Viper related. We can maintain and repair your car, no matter what year. We can help you resolve warranty issues with friendly dealers.
We can build you a competitive racecar or a specialized streetcar. Our cars have been competitive in all types of Motorsports, including a World Championship with Mopar.

Our full service faculty includes 7 work bays, a chassis dynamometer and 4 full time Viper technicians. Please feel free to call or visit us, we are here to help.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
Shop: 310-841-6996
Tech line: 310-597-6295
www.dcperformance.com

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why don't you open another shop, in Louisiana, so I could spend my life savings suping up my Mopars? That IS what I would do if you weren't all the way across Texas, on the left coast....

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, I cant begin to thank you and your shop enough for all the help you have given me over the years. From the pre-purchase inspection 4 years ago, to the recent 60K service and everything inbetween.

Just to give you guys out there an example of how awesome Dan and his techs are, last week, the day before Thanksgiving, I brought my car in without an appointment because it was leaking coolant. Dan and one his techs found the problem (loose hose clamp) and had my car fixed that afternoon. And they didnt just tighten the old clamp, they replaced it, and didnt even charge me for it. :2tu: Thats just one of many times over the last 4+ years Dan has gone above and beyond to help me.

Dan, you are THE MAN. Owning my Viper has been a true joy thanks your help and expertise. You are more than a great Viper Tech, you are a great friend and I think I can speak on behalf of all us SoCal guys when I say...thank you!

Sincerely
Irfan Malik

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can personally attest to the fact that DC Performance is a shop to go to. A number of us like to believe in those that we put trust in and as a number of us have seen, is that, that trust is sometimes played on and manipulated by the tuner we have chosen. It is easy to befriend a tuner, but the most important thing to remember is to get what you expected, when you expected it, for what you expected to pay for it.

I personally went to Dan to fix a few MAJOR screw ups performed by a shop that I at one time fully believed in. The major screw ups cost me $180,000.00 in parts and repair costs to fix, and thanks to Dan I now have what I originally paid for.

I have owned 12 vipers, 9 of them at one time, I am now down to 5 vipers and I would not hesitate to get Dan at DC Performance to work on any of them, even if I have to truck them 3-500 miles to do so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would also like to chime in here. We have been working with Dan and his team for many years, I have only been here for 5 years but even before that. I came to the Viper community pretty green about the car other than my admiration for it . Dan and the DC team have bent over back wards to help and school me when I have needed it to insure that I too can offer you the help you needed. I have really benefited from their knowledge and willingness to help through difficult situations so I could get it right the first time and learn at the same time.

Thank you Dan,Tony, Lyle, Chris and the rest of the team for the help and friendships we have grown over the years you are truly a CLASS ACT!!!!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you open another shop, in Louisiana, so I could spend my life savings suping up my Mopars? That IS what I would do if you weren't all the way across Texas, on the left coast....

When driving through Texas to the left coast, stop in and pick me up. I'll chip in for beer and wings along the way.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need somebody like you in the Phila area. I think the closest good Viper Tech is approx 4 hours away. :(

If anybody know somebody closer to me that the Wizard give me a yell.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also need to open a Shop in Colorado. I have heard great things about you guys and will soon be looking for a shop to do work on my Viper. Your shop is definitely one of the top on my list to work on my Viper.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan and his team are some of the most professional I have ever delt with and their dedication and character shows with every customer that leaves happy and satisfied. Keep up the good work gentlemen :2tu::2tu: :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had my first purchase from DC and dealt with Dan him self..Easy to deal with and very helpfull on an international scale..
Cheers Dan....

VIPER650R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also need to chime in. When I first purchased my viper 650r it came with no cats, I needed cats to pass CA. Dan gave me great price on factory cats which are 1800.00. I still didn't want to pay 1400.00 for cats so he recommended me to put on high flow cats which worked great and are about third the price. The great part about the whole thing is he dealt with me personally. THANX DAN FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!!

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a former automotive engineer who always did most of my own maintenance, it was very difficult for me to let go of this part of the "hobby" but I do no longer have the required amount of spare time to deal with my own cars' maintenance and tuning issues.

I have let Dan prep my car for Viper Days (all the updates mentioned in my signature line below plus a 4-wheel mild track alignment) earlier this year, and must say that I came away very impressed with the quality of the work, the attention to detail, the courteous and very professional service, not to mention the respect for my timeline, budget and deadline to attend Viper Days at Buttonwillow Raceway.

At that time, Dan had a broken leg, was hobbling around with a cast and to my utter amazement, he drove up over the week-end to say hello at the track (about 135 miles away from his facility) and personally make sure that I (and other Viper Days attendees who are also his customers) was happy with his work and did not experience any trouble. This is dedication above and beyond the call of duty.

When folks here say that Dan is a "Class Act", let me tell all of you, this is just the beginning.

In my book, Dan and his team are The Benchmark for competence, integrity, product knowledge, wise counseling for performance upgrades and Lexus level service and attention to detail.

In conclusion, it is not easy for me to entrust my car to anybody, but knowing that when it is in Dan's hands allows me to be relaxed about the process and unafraid about the outcome.

There are many horror stories on this site. None of them will ever be duplicated at DC Performance.

Anybody here planning major work on their car should consider getting their Viper trucked to DC performance, no matter where from in the country, as the peace of mind and the quality, durability and reliability of the finished product will be an unrivaled experience.

Dan, you are not just "The Man", you are My Hero! :2tu: :usa:

Phil

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan Cragin and DC Performance = Class Act.

Nuff said.
Happy New Year Paul

Thank you for taking care of me at the Silver State and introducing me to your Ladies. All kidding aside, Paul, Thanks for your postings about DC Performance, Please call me and lets get togeather in 2008.......................Lyle

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I conclude no matter what day of the week it is. Dan or his assoicates will answer most questions on the spot if they are not sure Dan will call you back. He speaks with a tone that shows respect to your concerns and questions. A+ I wish he sold more parts. Its all about respecting your customers. Get it......

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This couldn't be better advertising for DC Performance! Happy customers who REFER! Unlike other Viper turner misfits! Thanks Dan.
PS: Dan.........Will you be in Scottsdale for the National Viper Club meeting?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks DAN for answering my many questions and staying on the phone even though you were busy. Now its just a matter of getting that quote and getting my car up to your shop.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan
I want to thank you for the help over the phone installing my 08 Belanger header system:2tu: You saved me hours of work!

BTY: That ACT clutch I bought from you months ago has smooth right out after 300 miles and is performing well.

Lance
Canyon Tx

----------------------
08 Viper gts blue coupe
05 SRT-10 RC Ram

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, Hennessey had two upgrades for the 08, one at 678hp and the other around 725hp. What do you offer for the 08?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan has made time evenings and weekends to deal with my car issues. He is always polite and competant. I take the car 110 miles to him for service. Thanks for superb service Dan!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456