Paint Question - Want to paint classic mopar a Viper color - help please

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Building a muscle car out of a 1973 Challenger and want to paint it using a viper color scheme. Before all the purists want to kill me, this is not a pure resto. All value and stock parts have been stripped from this car loooooooong before I got it. So I am building a muscle car just for me. I am going to keep it tasteful but want to merge classic with modern.

Body is almost complete and I found a veteran body/paint guy to help me finish the final steps on the body and help me paint. We are spending the 4 weeks of december finising and painting the body.

I would like to paint it based on the color scheme of this Viper in this picture ( except it will have one thicker center stripe the width of the 440 hood).

Is this graphite? What is (or how do I find) the color codes for the body and the stripe to match this paint exactly ( or as close to as possible). I will be going with a similar theme on the wheels also. It should look pretty mean.

Any help appreciated.

yes.......I stored my Viper this evening......I'm compensating......

4dwum951.jpg

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1972 the color "Light Gunmetal Metalic" paint code GA-4 was avlable on the Challenger.
It was very similar to the Viper colors.
It was also the rarest production color and looked great!!

Here is the only pic I could find of one.
challenger1_jpg_w300h225.jpg

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this graphite? What is (or how do I find) the color codes for the body and the stripe to match this paint exactly ( or as close to as possible).

2002 Graphite Gray is paint code PDR and the Silver stripes are paint code PA9

The 2000 Steel Gray is slightly different. I think it is a little "bluer" if I recall correctly. It is very difficult to tell the difference between the two unless the cars are parked side by side in the same light.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4