Paint Question - Want to paint classic mopar a Viper color - help please

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Building a muscle car out of a 1973 Challenger and want to paint it using a viper color scheme. Before all the purists want to kill me, this is not a pure resto. All value and stock parts have been stripped from this car loooooooong before I got it. So I am building a muscle car just for me. I am going to keep it tasteful but want to merge classic with modern.

Body is almost complete and I found a veteran body/paint guy to help me finish the final steps on the body and help me paint. We are spending the 4 weeks of december finising and painting the body.

I would like to paint it based on the color scheme of this Viper in this picture ( except it will have one thicker center stripe the width of the 440 hood).

Is this graphite? What is (or how do I find) the color codes for the body and the stripe to match this paint exactly ( or as close to as possible). I will be going with a similar theme on the wheels also. It should look pretty mean.

Any help appreciated.

yes.......I stored my Viper this evening......I'm compensating......

4dwum951.jpg

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1972 the color "Light Gunmetal Metalic" paint code GA-4 was avlable on the Challenger.
It was very similar to the Viper colors.
It was also the rarest production color and looked great!!

Here is the only pic I could find of one.
challenger1_jpg_w300h225.jpg

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this graphite? What is (or how do I find) the color codes for the body and the stripe to match this paint exactly ( or as close to as possible).

2002 Graphite Gray is paint code PDR and the Silver stripes are paint code PA9

The 2000 Steel Gray is slightly different. I think it is a little "bluer" if I recall correctly. It is very difficult to tell the difference between the two unless the cars are parked side by side in the same light.