08 vipers are enroute!

ratmotortom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIN # 103 was delivered to Skeeter Blanton on 12-5. Blue coupe with silver stripes. He got it from BUDS in Ohio.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really soon we should be getting reports on how much better the 08s drive than previous Vipers.

My understanding is that even though the power train is the most heavily promoted upgrade to this car, lots of other enhancements have been done to upgrade the entire driving experience.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
maybe i should say this - there are other vipers on this truck. i asked john how many he thought he was getting, and he told me (4). he thought there were other cars, and they were going to other dealerships such as Woodhouse. i dont know how many cars total are on a "Reliable" truck?

i thought some of you would want to know.

Roanoke gets 1st 4, and the other 2 go to Nebraska somewhere: BLUR NEBRASKA? BLARE?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really soon we should be getting reports on how much better the 08s drive than previous Vipers.
Now you may recall that George, Pemberton, and myself all gave some pretty detailed driving impressions of the '08's in September, right? ;) There is a noticeable difference!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon.
Maybe I should try to get in an order for ACR # 69.

Chris.
Your report was what I was referring to.
Understand these 08's are bolted together really well, and that the driving experience takes a nice leap forward.

Think those that get these 600 hp cars will be even happier than they expect.

As far as previous generations. There is a driving experience thread that binds all Vipers together. While certain individuals have a favorite among the years and models, they all share that fantastic high torque V-10 and engaging 6 speed transmission. I have never quite understood why so many owners do not understand this when they disparage others Vipers.

Sorry Chad this was not directed at you, but you just caught me on my soap box.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as previous generations. There is a driving experience thread that binds all Vipers together. While certain individuals have a favorite among the years and models, they all share that fantastic high torque V-10 and engaging 6 speed transmission. I have never quite understood why so many owners do not understand this when they disparage others Vipers.

Sorry Chad this was not directed at you, but you just caught me on my soap box.

Paul, no offense taken :2tu: Believe me, I'm hellified jealous of ANYONE getting an 08'. I use bad jokes to cover my jealously :) I disparage any Viper that doesnt have yellow wheels :lmao: :D

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought they stopped making the Viper after the GTS! I KID I KID. Just trying to take some heat off Chad. LOL ;)

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YIPPEE my car not only hit KZ status but is landing in Sarasota today(supposedly)!!!!! Photos to follow.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with Paul...ALL Vipers have their unique niche...if not for one, there wouldn't be another...we like them all...we WILL admit the GTS body style is quite unique in itself, but love them all...thank you Paul for saying it so eloquently:2tu: ~~~juli

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better believe it. I used to drive a white 2004 Mamba so it will be awesome to get in the new snake

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenmamba,
Should I assume from your monicker your getting a SSG car? Coupe or vert ,?stripes?.....Lots of luck on your new snake and as others have said post those pics!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :headbang:

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The suspense is absolutely killing me! First snakeskin green that's sitting in a dlrship on display in FL, I'll be taking a trip to see in in person. I'm still going classic red, but hey, everyone says green's so cool that i figure it'll be worth the trip. I'm glad it's one of the first colors. Besides, there's always the chance i'll change my mind!!! :eater:

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys might be beating me to it with pics. the truck has been delayed AGAIN! :mad:

we are now being told tomorrow morning for sure. :dunno:

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A dealership in Orlando just got their first shipment in today.One of them is a blue convertible with no stripes. I wonder if any striped cars have left yet? I am headed to see it this afternoon. I am getting excited waiting to see what the new striped coupes look like!!

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys might be beating me to it with pics. the truck has been delayed AGAIN! :mad:

As if the entire delay of production of this car wasn't bad enough, now it's the deliveries that we are told will be here one day and are repeatedly delayed. Is this the new Dodge.:dunno:
Anyway, I hope one day I see these cars.:rolaugh:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if the entire delay of production of this car wasn't bad enough, now it's the deliveries that we are told will be here one day and are repeatedly delayed. Is this the new Dodge.
Any delays now are probably carrier-related (Reliable). I know we are getting a minor blizzard here in KC right now. I have heard that some '08's were delivered in Georgia yesterday...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BIG--YOU have been stringing us along all week....DUDE!!!! :rolaugh: We await anxiously as you are........we know you'll post when the cars come a-rolling in~~:eater: ~juli
(still drooling, yep....keyboard is sopping wet...and no, I'm not a MAN~~~:omg: )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets