Wife won't let me get a Viper

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Viper anyway and spend 5-x,000 on a very large diamond. Consider it a bribe or an additional Viper tax. You could also get a four seat convertible for the family cruises. Don't pass up YOUR attainable dream--most others take real good care of theirs--don't blink.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a 16 month old and she fits fine in the front seat. And the large diamond should work.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a woman's perspective here...though I must admit I'm VERY UNLIKE most women you'd meet...I LOVE, LIVE and BREATHE Vipers...soooooo, I'm biased towards the majority of people here, who just happen to be mostly MALE........Mike & I don't have conversations that dwell with 'letting' someone 'do' something...that's not respect. We respect each other and luckily, share the same passions...so my perspective here is, I guess try to find shared passions? VIPERS~~~YESSSSSSSSSS!!! Respectfully~~juli

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
divorce

no guy would tell me what I can and can't buy, especially when it comes to my cars

I got lucky and found a guy that loves them:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh like duh!
What do you mean you found a guy that loves cars? This country is swarming with them. There are at least 100 car guys to every 1 car gal!
Double dippity duh!!!

I'm QUITE sure Leslie was just turning the tables here!!! GOOD for you, Leslie!!! And, same here, we have mutual passions~~~mostly each other...*smooch-smooch* ~juli
(Those kisses include Mike too, not just the BEAST~~~ ;) )

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact is a lot of the sport sedans that have a rear seat in them (Jaguar XK, Aston Martin, Infiniti) are too small for an infant or child seat. Buy the Viper & sell it to your wife as the "get away for 2" vehicle.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see your problem. Bubble wrap the child ( leave holes so he/she can breathe properly) and place the child in the trunk under a cargo net. Play soothing music on the radio. I also suggest that you go to a Viper couples counselor. There is an excellent one in Blair Nebraska. Whatever you do, don't tell her to listen to the snake. The last time that happened the result was not good! LOL

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a woman's perspective here...though I must admit I'm VERY UNLIKE most women you'd meet...I LOVE, LIVE and BREATHE Vipers...soooooo, I'm biased towards the majority of people here, who just happen to be mostly MALE........Mike & I don't have conversations that dwell with 'letting' someone 'do' something...that's not respect. We respect each other and luckily, share the same passions...so my perspective here is, I guess try to find shared passions? VIPERS~~~YESSSSSSSSSS!!! Respectfully~~juli

I agree Juli women need to give in and respect men's decisions whether they like the decision or not...because CLEARLY that's the message you typed. :rolaugh:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
divorce

no guy would tell me what I can and can't buy, especially when it comes to my cars

I got lucky and found a guy that loves them:)

Well, that's kind of like an announcement! Tell us more about this guy....Hopefully he is now a Viper fanatic? You did not lead him to the dark Z06 side did'ja?
My congratulations to him, he not only got a great girlfriend, he got an expert track instructor and mechanic all wrapped up in one! This guy should be walking around thanking his lucky stars all day long! :2tu: :headbang:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why in the world would ANYONE let a wife/husband tell them what they can or cant buy ? dont ask her for permission, buy it and show her. if she doesnt like it, too bad.

UNLESS SHE makes all the money and you stay home eating bon bons. but especially if you make more money than her, she has ZERO SAY.

(my wife doesn't have to ask me for permission either)

OP
OP
C

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! Holy feedback. Thanks everyone. I'm going to do it anyway whether she likes it or not. I was trying to find some sort of imaginative ways, or easy way of getting her to give in. So it won't be easy that's for sure, she's being a real ***** about the whole thing.

The thing is, she really has nothing to complain about. I make 3 times as much as she does, we have no financial troubles what so ever, I just bought ourselves a brand new 4000 sqft. house, and she drives a brand new 2007 Mercedes ML350. She's spoiled to say the least.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Juli women need to give in and respect men's decisions whether they like the decision or not...because CLEARLY that's the message you typed. :rolaugh:

Oh, Tony, I'm SOOO glad we met in person~~~you are CLEARLY a riot!! (Give in? It's BOTH our decision, as we share the same passion, therein lies RESPECT!) ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...I interpreted exactly what I wanted to hear. :D Good thing my wife doesn't read this website.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! Holy feedback. Thanks everyone. I'm going to do it anyway whether she likes it or not. I was trying to find some sort of imaginative ways, or easy way of getting her to give in. So it won't be easy that's for sure, she's being a real ***** about the whole thing.

The thing is, she really has nothing to complain about. I make 3 times as much as she does, we have no financial troubles what so ever, I just bought ourselves a brand new 4000 sqft. house, and she drives a brand new 2007 Mercedes ML350. She's spoiled to say the least.

if it makes you feel any better, i was in the same boat. ya give and give and give, yet they still whine and complain. :dunno:

i guess sometimes we just cant win no matter how hard we try. story of my life. :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...I interpreted exactly what I wanted to hear. :D Good thing my wife doesn't read this website.

LOL...that you did, my friend!!~~~Now, how do you KNOW your wife doesn't read these?
Huh, Huh, HUHHHHH???!!! :rolaugh: :eater: ~juli
Mutual respect: Both love Vipers...never any arguments~~FUNNNNNN!!! :D

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After 20 years of marriage... I have learned one absolute truth. "It is always easier to beg for forgivness than ask permission." BUY IT!!!!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better, i was in the same boat. ya give and give and give, yet they still whine and complain. :dunno:
sometimes we just cant win.

Now, don't classify ''''us''''' all together here!!!~~~There IS this minority of '''us''' who LIVE the dreams our significant others do! ~juli

****NOTE to CobraCommander: Calling your wife a '*****' may have something to do with how she reacts to you? Just an observation~~~****

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you got any sisters there juli? looks like we are in need of a few. :rolaugh:

:cool: We DO sorely need more women viper lovers/owners/drivers on this forum.:flirt: ..then you fellas can see that ''''we'''' ARE OUT THERE!!! Why couples have problems? I believe there are no shared passions...we DO need that...all of us! THX Big :hug2: ~~~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with the rest of you...I have my limits of behavior that I'll accept and behavior that I won't...certainly a woman dictating to me what to buy and what not to buy would certainly not sit well with me. Couples should be able to disagree on items such as this and try owning a Viper....my bet is that in a short time of Viper ownership she'll realize the bond your son and you will have through working on the Viper, talking about the Viper, driving the Viper so much that she'll envy not supporting it originally.

Regards,
Aaron

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Cobra. Before you go off half cocked, have an honest talk with your spouse. She may be hiding a fear that you will be injured in the Viper - especially since she just had your child. It has been my experience that the female of our species is sometimes indirect about what she really feels and really wants. It may be enough to get six point belts installed and increase the size of your life insurance policy. In any event, you should talk to her about the fact that the Viper is very important to you and you are angry, and will remain angry, if you continue to subordinate yourself, in a wimplike manner, to the driver of a Mercedes. Happy Holidays!!

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You just answered your own question. Buy the car and tell her with excitement when it arrives. If you're the one makig all the money and she is that spoiled, do you really think she would leave you over it? HELL NO! She knows where her bread is buttered. She may be mad for a week or so, but you'll be out driving that whole time.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that this is even an issue.
Bottom line is, Vipers are not for everyone. This is part of what makes them great.
Ask yourself, honestly, if you are a "Viper guy". That's all you need to do.

You have the means. Perhaps you're having trouble justifying it to yourself ? (hence you turn to the community for support/input)
If this is something that could potentialy damage your relationship, you need to consider another car.
You love your wife, your new baby. Is it worth putting that at risk for a car? Is it something that will fester within her and one day...BAM! You come home and the house is empty and there's a letter from her lawyer on the kitchen counter.
Just playing devil's advocate!:D

Last edited: