New member and new Gen 1 owner...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I made this same post in the wrong forum (SRT 10). Anyway, I just joined today. I am looking forward to getting my id information, mag., etc. I traded my 1970 Super Bee for a 1994 Viper. Here are some pictures. I apologize if you already saw this post in the other forum.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I made this same post in the wrong forum (SRT 10). Anyway, I just joined today. I am looking forward to getting my id information, mag., etc. I traded my 1970 Super Bee for a 1994 Viper. Here are some pictures. I apologize if you already saw this post in the other forum.

Nice Gen I, and welcome.....Most know that red is the fastest :D Congrats on the new ride.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it in the other forum, and I'll say it here...beautiful. Welcome to the red, gen 1, 1994 owners association!! :D Love the top/windows. They are my next purchase in the spring.

BTW, Can you tell me if the windows lock?

Congrats, again.
~Craig

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice car....congratulations!!! I'm a Bee owner myself (just from a different era)

You must be registered for see images

You have great taste in cars!

Also, I updated your status to Viper Owner (VIN verified, thanks for filling out your profile so thoroughly!). When you get your VCA Member number, shoot me a PM and we'll get you set up to access the Members only forum and all the other website perks that come with membership!

Regards,
Kelly

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, George...GREAT SuperBee...and awesome Viper!! Hope you enjoy your Viper as much or more than you did your SuperBee, both great cars! ~juli
**Are you located near Big-N-Italian? Could introduce yourself!**

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it in the other forum, and I'll say it here...beautiful. Welcome to the red, gen 1, 1994 owners association!! :D Love the top/windows. They are my next purchase in the spring.

BTW, Can you tell me if the windows lock?

Congrats, again.
~Craig

Yes, it is the AP engineering windows. However, after looking at their website I noticed that the new windows they offer do a couple things mine do not. Mine are stationary and really don't lock although they are in tight. The windows and the brackets look almost identical and what I suspected is that mine were an early model purchased by the previous owner of the car and improvements have been made. The biggest improvement appears to be the ability of the window to slide sideways. What I am hoping is that I can get ahold of a AP and get some new brackets and convert mine because the windows themselves look identical and all of the old brackets appear to be attached to the window in the same manner. I think the three-piece top that fits in the trunk looks terrific and it is really airtight with very few rattles. If you are tall you may need the seat lowering kit because I am 5'10" and my head comes close to the top. Good luck. If there is anyone out there who knows about converting my window please let me know. Thank you.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!!! That is one sweet ride you have there!:2tu:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is'nt it funny how that works 0209 CLK? I find myself just sitting there staring at it all the time when I am out in the garage trying to get other things done!:D :D :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I just picked my Gen 1 today and i can't keep my eyes off her :D

Welcome to the site! I'm one of your friendly site admins. :D I checked your profile and noticed you haven't added your VIN # yet. If you add it (then send me a note to let me know that you have), I can update your title from Enthusiast to Viper Owner. That way folks will know that you're a member of the Viper Nation. Nobody can see that personal information but the three site admins, so no worries about security.

Also, you are JUST in time to pick up VCA membership before the slight dues increase that kicks in Jan 1. What do you get for the $100? I'm glad you asked!!!

In addition to being able to attend the events your local chapter puts together, you get:
  • VIPER magazine subscription - a greatly glossy magazine published quarterly
  • VCA Notes - the club newsletter with lots of great info, also quarterly
  • Eligibility to enter the VCA raffles, featuring some spectacular Vipers that you can win
  • $1,000,000 liability insurance at official VCA events
  • Access to exclusive VCA merchandise, apparel, and much more
  • Exclusive offers such as our Monroney window sticker replacement program
  • Great discounts from supporting vendors like Parts Rack, Viper Days, and many, many more
  • Liaison to the manufacturer for outstanding support and information
  • The very latest Viper news from SRT
And here on the website, as a VCA Member....
  • Posting privileges in all general Viper Forums
  • Posting & viewing privileges in VCA Members forum
  • Posting privileges in VCA Regional forums
  • Posting privileges in VCA Viper Events and Gatherings forum
  • Ability to upload and display personal avatar (Vipers only please)
  • Ability to write and use personal signature for all posts
  • Ability to see all content in Illustrated Upgrades
  • Gallery privileges up to 500 MB of uploads
  • Up to 5000 Private Messages allowed
  • FREE Classified ad posting
  • Access to exclusive SRT merchandise in VCA Members forum
  • Future exclusives such as VCA private auctions, online renewals, and much more!
And for an extra few bucks that all goes to supporting the club, you can get the Venom membership, which includes:
  • Special Venom badges
  • Special Venom avatar identification on these forums
  • Venom member 10% discount on merchandise purchased from VCAGoods.com
  • Inclusion on special Venom member page in VIPER magazine to acknowledge Venom membership
  • Special Viper raffle ticket discount to enable purchase of five (5) tickets (per raffle) for $500.00
  • Special Venom decal
The Viper Club of America is THE BEST car club around, I hope you'll join us!

And of course if there is anything I can do to help you, don't hesitate to contact me and let me know!

Kelly