Insurance Quote

Supercash79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search but all I could find was threads on claims, not policy's. What are you guys paying for insurance for your Viper's? Full coverage? 500$ deductible? I have a 50 year old friend with a Black Mamba who is paying 450$ every 6 months which is amazingly cheap. I just called my insurance company for a quote on a Copperhead and they said it would be 3800$ for 6 months!!! That sounds incredibly high and a ripoff...any input would help. I am a 28 year old single guy in the military. Thanks.

97gtsmonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im 25 and i own a gts viper in florida insured through USAA and i only pay 125$ a month full coverage. call usaa since your in the military.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'01 GTS - Allstate around $700 per year $1K deductible, 50/100/50 on liability, 47 years old (me, not the car). Includes multi vehicle discount and homeowners tie in on price.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy 60k agreed value is $878/year for 45 year old.

I assume with the agree value you're restricted on mileage every year. If so, how many miles are you allowed per year with Grundy?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have AAA with a multiple car discount, I pay 262.00 every 6 months. thats unlimited mileage with replacement value. 1,000.00 deductable. good driver discount and im 46 years young

V

Venomiss

I did a search but all I could find was threads on claims, not policy's. What are you guys paying for insurance for your Viper's? Full coverage? 500$ deductible? I have a 50 year old friend with a Black Mamba who is paying 450$ every 6 months which is amazingly cheap. I just called my insurance company for a quote on a Copperhead and they said it would be 3800$ for 6 months!!! That sounds incredibly high and a ripoff...any input would help. I am a 28 year old single guy in the military. Thanks.
You can PM this guy from your area - Axtellboy
Maybe he can give you some advice. He has a thread in the KC region section but since you are an enthusiast you can only read it and not post.
Hope this helps you!

OP
OP
S

Supercash79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info so far. I have since shopped around a bit with Progressive, Geico, and State Farm. I got quotes between 1600-1900 for 6 months. Still high but less than half of the one quote. I am shopping now because I have been deployed for over a year and have not needed insurance. I am establishing insurance now (just a blanket liability policy) so that a year from now when I return to the states (and buy my first viper) I will have insurance already established.

97gtsmonster- Unfortunately, the 3800$ quote was from USAA!!

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a non citizen and drive on a foreign license.
Progressive were stinging me for 5000/year
Changed to AIG and got the same coverage for 2400/year.
Very hard to get coverage on a foreign license.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay $1,180 per year roughly $100.00 a month for full coverage on a 2005 GenIII through All State. I thought that was a great deal.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave you want my soc and credit card too?:lmao:

No... No... Got plenty of scratch.

But some pictures of single attractive female friends for me and Chad to discuss would be great. I'll do our bio for you to show them:

Dave - single white male
Chad - single white male
Dave - primary interest is women and Vipers
Chad - primary interest is ******* women and Vipers

Pretty much the complete packages.

I only get like 5000 PM's in my inbox so go easy.

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info so far. I have since shopped around a bit with Progressive, Geico, and State Farm. I got quotes between 1600-1900 for 6 months. Still high but less than half of the one quote. I am shopping now because I have been deployed for over a year and have not needed insurance. I am establishing insurance now (just a blanket liability policy) so that a year from now when I return to the states (and buy my first viper) I will have insurance already established.

97gtsmonster- Unfortunately, the 3800$ quote was from USAA!!

thats nutz.... hey are you here at McConnell?

I pay $288 every 6 months with USAA.. agreed value.. $1000 deductable... limited to 3500 miles a year... but this year I barley hit 2000..

play around with your deductable and primary use settings...

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume with the agree value you're restricted on mileage every year. If so, how many miles are you allowed per year with Grundy?

Grundy doesn't have a mileage cap, but does have limits....
1, no one under 25 may operate it.
2, no timed events, autocross, or tracking. I'm ok with that.

The agreed value was attractive to me as I had a total once that I had to just about sue over after the ASSessor came back with a settlement $.
I never want to go through that battle again. I pick my price, I pay accordingly. Don't pay a premium only to be given some manheim auction price in the end should the unthinkable happen.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance with a MILEAGE cap?

Now I've heard of everything.

Insurance Company - "Sir, we have your policy ready. As soon as we get your money, you must not drive your car."

Car Owner - "***?" "KMA!"

My opinion...

G

grcforce327

I have home and autos with Safeco,and pay $282 every 6mo on my 94 with a stated value of $60,000 and a $1000 deductible.You should always shop insurance companies for better deals.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to consider how you will use your car. I have less than $50 a month thru State Farm because I raised my deductible. I'm not going to track the car and only use it as a for pleasure driver so the risk factor is less imo. Plus, to replace a tail light is almost 500 so I guess you could have an insurance claim on very slight damage.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just switched to Geico from Safeco, so here are the details:

$220 every 6 months, full coverage, $500 ded, no mileage restriction.

Excellent credit history and driving record, age 50

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'am with Allstate $550 6mo. 98 RT/10. I'am 46 years old. I also have two crashing teenagers (17 & 18)on my policy.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, it's even better than what I posted earlier today. I just received some paperwork from Geico on a policy change that had to do with the spelling of my name. It shows the new premium for my Viper is $207.10 every 6 months, full coverage, $500 ded. :)

Coolness.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to be changing to Grundy for insurance. For a little over $500 a year it will be for an agreed value, zero deduct., and I could drive the car anytime during the year that it is nice. I currently have Erie insurance and pay over $800 a year with $250 deduct. and have to park the car for three months on what is called a winter lay up. Plus, if something happened to the car i'm sure they would want to go by the book value... that is the main reason I plan to swith to Grundy is for the agreed value. Overall, I think the insurance on the Viper is pretty reasonable, especially for only being 31 years old.

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
23, single, only driver on policy, couple tickets. Travelers $ 1400 per year, Ded- $ 500 collision, $ 250 comprehensive.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either I'm an insurance ***** or you guys/gals with " $***" per year rates are under-insured! My Queen is a licensed insurance agent for the state of Texas.

STATE FARM - North Central Texas

$100,000 Actual cash value
2 properties, 3 auto's, $1,000,000 umbrella
Single
38 years old
Perfect driving record

6 MONTH PREMIUMS

Bodily Injury 250,000/500,00 ------- $52
Property damage 100,000----------- $74
Pers. Injury Protection 2,500 ------- $15
Comp (500 deductible) ------------- $226
Collision (250 deductible) ---------- $445
Un/Under-insured -------------------- $73
Towing/labor ------------------------ $3
Rental reim. $35 day/max $1,050 - $22

TOTAL 6 MONTH PREMIUM -------------------- $910

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Grundy for both Vipers, agreed value of 60K on each.
Pay about $750.00 per year on each. Geico wanted double that, with no agreed value.

OP
OP
S

Supercash79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of your help. I wanted to learn all I could about my new obsession and stumbled upon this site and club. From the looks of it so far, 98% of the Viper community is made up of fantastic people that I can't wait to meet and join. I will continue to lurk about the site until I can make that post that all of you remember so fondly: "Bought my first Viper today!"

I was formally offered my new job today that starts in January. It is a pay raise of 400% or so...the Viper is just months away!!

Nick

USAF Proudly serving overseas...for 30 more days!