NASA Event at Road Atlanta

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to meet the GA VCA gang yesterday - all hail to Chad for putting the events together!

I spoke with a couple of folks who might be interested in the NASA track weekend at Road Atlanta in mid-March. I've been there a couple of times and have been the lone Viper out there. Its a blast and, in general, NASA does a good job organizing the event and keeping the schedule accurate to +/- 10 minutes.

I said I'd post the links to make it easy for folks to check it out.... here's a link to the site (first link is the general info, second is the March Event page) in case you're interested:

NASA :: South East Region

NASA :: South East Region

Cost is about $400, $350 or so for the event and a one-time fee of $40-50 to join NASA. You get 8 approximatey 20 minute sessions (7-8 laps) which is 60-70 laps for the two days.

I registered already, if you're interested I would suggest registering a month or two before the event because it always fills up several weeks before go-time.

Have a great Holiday all!

Bob

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Drumrboy. I'm going to make arrangements to attend the event with you. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in the mountains learning how to drive the beast. 6000 mile since August. This event is what I've been looking for. Anyone know were I can get two rear tires? Mine tires are almost shot. Hopefully we can have a nice turnout so that you won't be the only viper there this time. Dion

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Drumrboy. I'm going to make arrangements to attend the event with you. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in the mountains learning how to drive the beast. 6000 mile since August. This event is what I've been looking for. Anyone know were I can get two rear tires? Mine tires are almost shot. Hopefully we can have a nice turnout so that you won't be the only viper there this time. Dion

Good to meet you too dude. I haven't seen rear tires lately but check the classifieds frequently. I was able to procure a set of wheels with nearly new Hoosier race rubber for around $1300. The deals come up from time to time...just have to patrol the ads. If I see something for you I'll post the link in a PM.

See you in 08.

:drive: