Stripe color question

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to stripe my 01 yellow ACR. I am thinking about which black to use; glass, semi or flat. I was looking at semi because the vents are also semi gloss. Id like to hear from the forum members.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to strip my 01 yellow ACR. I am thinking about which black to use; glass, semi or flat. I was looking at semi because the vents are also semi gloss. Id like to hear from the forum members.

No stripping.

Please.

But really, I assume we're talking vinyl?

Def not flat. And seeing as painted on stripes are auto paint, I think full vinyl glossy is the ticket.

My stripes are full gloss.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at a lot of pics of factory done cars and I notice that the stripes do not extend to the area behind the license plate. On other cars that were done after they left the factory they all seem to have the stripes under the rear license plate.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at a lot of pics of factory done cars and I notice that the stripes do not extend to the area behind the license plate. On other cars that were done after they left the factory they all seem to have the stripes under the rear license plate.

Only the 96 blue/white GTS has stripes from the factory through the license plate.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone on here do thier own stripes? I am going to do mine this weekend.

I tried, gave up... It sounds easy, until you actually try to do it.. Im a perfectionist, and will not be happy unless its 99% factory looking.. I started with the roof (what I thought would be the easy part). Gave up about an hour into the job, after destroying 3 roof pieces..

Its not that Im cheap. The closest guy to me, who I trust to do this. Is 3.5 hours.. Looks like I'll make the drive down to see him in MD..

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I know it isnt easy, however I have done other stripes and like painting it is all in the prep work. It also has to do with the qaulity of the tape, use of heat and working in small areas. then there is the bubble issue which can completely ruin the whole job. some people will tell you to "pop" them with a pin or razor blade but ultimately that looks like crap. you really have to work it from one spot and work out and down (or up). Of course this is easy for me to say right now, wait until Monday and see what I say... might be a whole different story. Will say however that I have long believed that if one guy can do it I can. This has served me well from rebuilding cars to doing my own body and paint work. Of course it all depends on what you are willing to accept. The problem with doing it yourself is that you know where all the mistakes are. I was once told that the true mark of a craftsman is knowing how to hide your mistakes.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes are the way to go. A viper doesn't look right to me without them.

So, my 94 Red Viper doesn't look right??? Oh my, and I thought it looked pretty good. I guess I better go out and put on some stripes so it looks more like the thousands of Mustangs I see everyday. ;)

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its all a matter of personal peference. I think they all look good stripes or not. I personally like stripes, however I also think it has to do with how the overall car is set up. Bottom line is that if you like it the way it is then it is perfect. Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not going to paint the stripes on, the car didn't originally come with them and at least for the time being I dont want to permanently change it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave