Strong Recommendation

D

DAMN YANKEE

Dear People,

I have been reading the SVS story and was hoping that what did/is happening wouldn't.

I have a great recommendation. What about creating a wholly seperate section on the forums for "ISSUE OF COMPLIANCE AND COMPETENCY" or "BUSINESS PRACTICES AND COMPLAINTS" or "The Ring - Duking it out" etc.

The idea is a simple one. The diatribes can be caught in their infancy and moved, thereby alerting the participants that they are moving through proscibed levels of pissy-fitting. At first the moderating throws a yellow card out into the thread "Boys, much more and this thread goes to "the Ring".

Why? well, the emails that I'm getting are beginning to suggest thay folks think it's ugly and way too personal and that it drags down VCA. Just how do we think the SVS story is most likely to resolve itself?????

My .02

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or just ignore it... Whether its in a dedicated forum or not the pissy-fighting isn't going to end. It comes down to whether or not VCA should allow pissy fighting to begin with. Besides, we're not being forced to read that thread are we? It's too bad, since SVS's reply the thread has gone the way of Alley.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear People,

I have been reading the SVS story and was hoping that what did/is happening wouldn't.

I have a great recommendation. What about creating a wholly seperate section on the forums for "ISSUE OF COMPLIANCE AND COMPETENCY" or "BUSINESS PRACTICES AND COMPLAINTS" or "The Ring - Duking it out" etc.

The idea is a simple one. The diatribes can be caught in their infancy and moved, thereby alerting the participants that they are moving through proscibed levels of pissy-fitting. At first the moderating throws a yellow card out into the thread "Boys, much more and this thread goes to "the Ring".

Why? well, the emails that I'm getting are beginning to suggest thay folks think it's ugly and way too personal and that it drags down VCA. Just how do we think the SVS story is most likely to resolve itself?????

My .02

I agree. That makes 4 cents!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree it is ugly but I feel when it gets to a point like it is now the parties should be told to go off line and take care of it. If I wanted to look at that kind of stuff I would go to the alley.

6 cents

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a special area would be fine i think. cutting it off like that leaves a ton of unanswered questions. if they take care of it off line, then no one knows the outcome and svs will lose all of that business because everyone is left questioning. you also did a disservice to bob as he said he wanted to reply to that response this weekend when he can compile his info. i think if people dont like it, they shouldn't read it. its when you get to name calling that it should be deleted. if they cant discuss it openly like gentleman, they their post gets deleted and thats it.

thats my .02

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

I agree that the forum should house these dialogs, no doubt. I do believe that the dialog we are seeing as of late is very diferent in nature than 99% of what we all read around here. For me, the question is not should we allow it...but where within the forums.
The simple back and forths....let em fly. But when they start to skate awfully close to the legal definition of disparaging either party...I would think that VCA needs stiff rule sets and a special theater for this stuff at least only visable to VCA members.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think our moderators did a great job of policing this sad event.

Complainant originally posted 'unsubstantiated' charges that were not allowed to stand, and post was removed.

Better-documented thread allowed to stand.

Vendor gets to tell his side, and that thread gets an equal-life by being closed but readable.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree our moderators did the right thing to stop this stuff. Send it back to the alley, where it belongs. It seems that now a lot of the people who were active at the alley, are finding their way to the VCA site. We don't need them. Let's try to keep things respectful and constructive---all this name calling stuff is really low class.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FREEDOM is very important .... It is not up to us to judge VCA members. They have the right to say what they want.

If what the guy said was wrong the company could have sued him .... until bankruptcy. But I am scared that the issue was with the job done.

Unfortunately the customer didn't used the right way this forum to collect information from other customers with similar issues. If you have an issue with a business or a product you have the right to ask for help and support. Many people will help you. However it is very important for the VCA to maintain a certain level of discussion and professionalism. Even if we hate sometimes a discussion has to be removed.