2006 SRT batery location:

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2006 SRT battery location:

I am sure you've seen this question before...Where exactly is the battery in my 2006 SRT Vert. Viper? In the trunk? Wife went to start the car and the car is dead. I work out of town so I am not there to deal with the issue. Doors are locked, but she can get in the trunk. Is there a keyed lock on the drivers door somewhere??? Any help is appreciated...

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2006 SRT battery location:

Ok, can I still get the hood open without getting into the car to charge the battery? This would save me some work, I suppose.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the battery is in the trunk under a panel. The override key for the drivers door is below the mirror under the lip of the door. CAUTION when using the override you will break the key off if you do not lean on the door to take the weight/pressor off the latch!!:omg: Yes you can open the hood the get to your jump points for starting or charging.

Hope this helps?

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the help...this does help a whole bunch!!! I will charge her up when I get back home. Thanks for taking the time to answer the simple questions....

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was staioned at Eielson AFB for about 8 years...the base is 20 miles from Fairbanks. I did 13 years in the Air Force and got out in 2000. I am now a Civilian DOD Employee and I work at Clear Air Station, which is about 70 miles south of Fairbanks.I used my gas turbine knowledge to swap over to steam turbines @ the Clear Power Plant...Clear is one of those radar staions in Alaska everyone has heard about!!! You know, cold, bears, and nothing close by...

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was stationed at Eielson AFB for about 8 years...the base is 20 miles from Fairbanks. I did 13 years in the Air Force and got out in 2000. I am now a Civilian DOD Employee and I work at Clear Air Station, which is about 70 miles south of Fairbanks.I used my gas turbine knowledge to swap over to steam turbines @ the Clear Power Plant...Clear is one of those radar stations in Alaska everyone has heard about!!! You know, cold, bears, and nothing close by...

Well thank you for your service in the USAF. And I can't imagine having a Viper up there. When do you get to drive it?
I've been to Anchorage once and in the last week of August it was cold, below freezing in the early morning and wet, not good Viper weather.

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The summers are really great up here especially in Fairbanks. Sun all the time and not too much rain. Anchorage is right on the water so the weather is way different down there, a road trip down that way is always great in the summer though...

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The summers are really great up here especially in Fairbanks. Sun all the time and not too much rain. Anchorage is right on the water so the weather is way different down there, a road trip down that way is always great in the summer though...

Hmmm...Summer is that one week in July, right? ;)

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha!!! Yep, one week in July after the igloos melt!!!! May thru September, give or take a week or two on either end, is about the amount of time we get up here to play with the toys.
Our winters are also great and that is when the snow toys come out!!! We have the best of both worlds up here no doubt...If you don't believe me, no problem. I am in no hurry to increase the population!!!!

All kidding aside, it is something you have to live and experience, just like driving a Viper...hard to imagine until you get behind the wheel.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

No thanks. I'll let you and my nephew enjoy the cold. For me, anything less than 80 is way too cold.

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the opposite...anything warmer than 70 is way too hot!!! I am going to visit the Lower 48 sometime in the next few months on a business trip and I can't wait...I do miss the food!!!