Introducing myself

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just drove home 650 miles today from picking up a '99 Silver/blue stripe GTS with 24k miles. It is replacing my slightly enhanced 1986 Porsche 930 which I will miss greatly.
Anyone know how many GTS's were produced in that combo? The registry leaves the '99 year blank?
The car has a custom made exhaust and the K&N carbon intake setup as the only mods. I hit some rain on the way so I will take pics as soon as I clean it up.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you enjoyed the drive in your new ride!

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how many GTS's were produced in that combo? The registry leaves the '99 year blank?

1999 GTS-(incl.ACR) 699 units
1999 ACR-215

This is info is from the Viper Buyers guide (Maurice Q Liang)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cograts and Welcom DougM!:2tu:

Not many 99's with that color combo!!:notworthy:

If you have any questions or need anything for your new love, don't hesitate to give me a call.:cool:

914-763-3136

OP
OP
D

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got it cleaned up this morning and took some pics. I saved them too large to post in the forums so they are in the gallery under 1999 GTS.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my last 2 Super Dutys - brand new - I had a 30 mile drive home. Same dealer on both. Once in '99 and again in '02. Hit rain both times. I figured when I had a 320 mile drive home in my GTS a year ago I would be screwed. 60 and sunny the whole way!

Sorry to hear about your wet drive, but they do clean up well.

Have fun, and if the tires are old, burn them up and order new ones!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that car is factory striped, you have a rare car. Approximately 23 silver/blue were produced in 1999. You can call your local Dodge dealer and give them your VIN, and if they have two paint codes recorded, then you'll know. One paint code means stripe is aftermarket. Either way you have a terrific car, congratulations!

OP
OP
D

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told it was factory stripes. The owner told me that he was told there were 6 that year. He also knows that there is one less because he totaled an identical one a few years ago. Is there a paint code anywhere on the car or do I need to call a dealer.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told it was factory stripes. The owner told me that he was told there were 6 that year. He also knows that there is one less because he totaled an identical one a few years ago. Is there a paint code anywhere on the car or do I need to call a dealer.

I think 6 is wrong. I had a '98 Silver/Blue, and if memory serves me correctly, there were about 24 in '98, and one or two less in '99. Before I bought my '98, I called the local dealer, and asked for service, and gave them the VIN. They were able to confirm 2 paint codes for the car in a matter of seconds. Not sure where you can find it on the car, if it is available, maybe on the door where the build date is.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car, that color combo is beautiful.

I'm actually in the Ville so hopefully I'll get to see this thing around town this summer :)

OP
OP
D

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Currently it is not stock with the custom exhaust and the K&N carbon fiber intake. If I decide to go for more HP, I will probably sell it and buy one already modded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950