Thread: Can you explain this

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Can you explain this

I go to the store today to pick up something for my girlfriends birthday.

I parked at least 150 yards away from the entrance in an end parking spot,in the last row, miles away from everyone else. I was literally 5 rows away from any other car in the lot. there were hundreds of parking spots available, and lots of them close to the entrance.

I come out of the store 15 minutes later and there is some Mercedes parked right next to me. and I mean right next to me. I am not sure how this yahoo got out of their vehicle without slamming my passenger side door. I inspected my car for scratches or dents (there were none) and then stood around drinking a coffee waiting for the owner of the car to come out. they didn't materialize so after about 10 minutes I went on my way. had I had a pen and paper I would have left this person a nice note.

I was super pissed that this person had to park right on top of my car.

Now this was no super Mercedes, it was just your common boxy looking, dirty white four door with bird crap all over it.

I could almost understand if it was a hot car trying to protect himself from people slamming his car, figuring I would be less likely to slam his car then other people would(still shouldn't need to park so close).

I spend a lot of time caring for my car so this just drives me crazy.
    I just can't understand that mentality.
    can anyone explain this thinking to me.
    Am I overreacting or over protective of my car?
    What would you have done?

Enthusiast

Default Re: Can you explain this

Their dream came true. Chronological list of their accomplishments:

- Park next to a Viper.

- Grab cell photo.

- Guaranteed no door ding.

- Piss you off.

I've been known to get even just because. Like they parked next to you. Just because. Sometimes my hand will uncontrollably and violently shove something in to a tire sidewall. Just because.

Oh yeah... Get used to it. And carry a just because.

Enthusiast

Viper Owner

Ive actually had the same thing happen to me, twice. I get just as pissed. I really think they do it out of jealousy and because they know it will piss us off.

I actually had a jacked up redneck truck park next to my buddy and I just to block a view of the car from the strip mall. Idiot!!!!!!!!!

Viper Owner

My thought is the owner of the crappy Mercedes is jealous of your viper and they thought by parking next to your beauty it would piss you off......and it worked!!! as it would have pissed me off too. I too take extra care about where I will park. Its just another "hater" one positive note...at least you did not come out and find a "milkshake" or a Hamburger" on your car.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post

I actually had a jacked up redneck truck park next to my buddy and I just to block a view of the car from the strip mall. Idiot!!!!!!!!!
    Don't talk about Dave that way

jk

Viper Owner

It happens EVERY TIME you drive a nice car. Some people just love to p!ss you off.

Enthusiast

I normally just park in with the rest of the cars, because them I'm not standing out. I think some people might think you're trying to show off your car by parking it way out by itself, isolated, and the other people just want to get close to it.

Viper Owner

I completely understand your feelings! I can't understand their motivation... BUT I always carry and pen and a couple of napkins (for spills, notes, wiping off fingerprints).

Couple of suggestions for when it happens next time.
    1) unscrew the valve stem cap and insert pen to deflate the tire. No need to destroy their tire if they didn't ding your car.
    2) write them a note explaining you have their tag number and the next mark you get on your car - whether by them or not - will be reported as being caused by them to the insurance company. No need to be angry if no mark was left since they probably want to make you angry and to show that you are would give them happiness. This way, you'll have one more person in the world praying you don't get a door ding/scratch.
    3) If you bought a drink or food, then dump/smear it on the windshield. No permanent damage but it will annoy the crap out of them when they return to the parking place.

Obviously there are other more permanent ways to let them know you didn't appreciate it but since they were careful enough NOT to ruin your paint job, just drive off knowing you are enjoying the ride MUCH more than they ever will.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOn View Post
    I completely understand your feelings! I can't understand their motivation... BUT I always carry and pen and a couple of napkins (for spills, notes, wiping off fingerprints).

1) unscrew the valve stem cap and insert pen to deflate the tire. No need to destroy their tire if they didn't ding your car.
    2) write them a note explaining you have their tag number and the next mark you get on your car - whether by them or not - will be reported as being caused by them to the insurance company. No need to be angry if no mark was left since they probably want to make you angry and to show that you are would give them happiness. This way, you'll have one more person in the world praying you don't get a door ding/scratch.
    3) If you bought a drink or food, then dump/smear it on the windshield. No permanent damage but it will annoy the crap out of them when they return to the parking place.

Obviously there are other more permanent ways to let them know you didn't appreciate it but since they were careful enough NOT to ruin your paint job, just drive off knowing you are enjoying the ride MUCH more than they ever will.
    1. They did not hurt your car...why hurt them ..then your just as immature as they are.
    2. Leave a note like that and it admits your going to frame them for any damage to your car...dum
    3. Dump or smear food in or on someones car and the victim is not going to forget your the viper. They may seek revenge on you and you might get a fellow viper owners car damaged as a result.
    Lets show we can be better by not lowering ourselves to their level.
    Dream On....these kind of actions make folks "haters" of exotic car owners
    Last edited by 2snakes4us; 01-06-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
    1. They did not hurt your car...why hurt them ..then your just as immature as they are.
    2. Leave a note like that and it admits your going to frame them for any damage to your car...dum
    3. Dump or smear food in or on someones car and the victim is not going to forget your the viper. They may seek revenge on you and you might get a fellow viper owners car damaged as a result.
    Lets show we can be better by not lowering ourselves to their level.
    Dream On....these kind of actions make folks "haters" of exotic car owners
    I agree with HarleyMan. If they didn't harm your car, you have no right to harm theirs. Yes its totally annoying when people do it, but some people may just want to park next to it so they can say they parked beside a Viper and really have no plans of doing any damage to our cars. I also don't like the idea of leaving a nasty note because:

a. if they parked next to you without wanting to do any damage, you seem like the jerk...not them.
    b. the note may tick them off and cause them to damage your car the next time they see it.

Viper Owner

I have seen it a couple of times with my car. The last time it was a guy who's kid asked him to park next to the Viper. I honestly don't think they're all haters. Some just wanted to check out the nice car and were too lazy to walk over to it.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by V10SpeedLuvr View Post
    I agree with HarleyMan. If they didn't harm your car, you have no right to harm theirs. Yes its totally annoying when people do it, but some people may just want to park next to it so they can say they parked beside a Viper and really have no plans of doing any damage to our cars. I also don't like the idea of leaving a nasty note because:

a. if they parked next to you without wanting to do any damage, you seem like the jerk...not them.
    b. the note may tick them off and cause them to damage your car the next time they see it.
    Also, with all of the video cameras in parking lots these days you would just be asking for trouble if you did anything other than look your car over, write down their tag if you spot something later and drive away.

Enthusiast

When you knowingly piss someone off, which has been mentioned by many here, you elevate yourself to an area of revenge that doesn't matter whether you meant harm or not. The person you piss off therefore has the right to do as they damn well please within reason.

Viper Owner

Some people are just out of it and they have know idea you value your car and, parked away from others for a reason.

Enthusiast

Happens all the time. It's just weird people... I had a similar thing happen to me last summer where we went to a restaurant, and I parked literally 3 rows away from any other car, way out of the way, and perfectly straight between the lines (I never double park, as I don't want to give anyone a reason!). I see a suburban pull up, park absolutely as close to my car as they can, and 4 "full size" adults climb out. I had to pull my car out of the spot to make enough room to open the door for my wife to get in. It's just stupid people. I agree, though, that if they don't actually harm your car, I wouldn't mess with theirs... you can't fix stupid.

Viper Owner

i keep a stack of these in all my cars
    micky mouse parking.JPG

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    When you knowingly piss someone off, which has been mentioned by many here, you elevate yourself to an area of revenge that doesn't matter whether you meant harm or not. The person you piss off therefore has the right to do as they damn well please within reason.

I agree, to a point. JAY, I'm shocked you'd leave a sign like that!!! THAT certainly would incite someone to DO damage, not deter them~~you ARE kidding, I presume~~! Don't make me call you...I like to make that threat! ~juli

Viper Owner

not kidding in the least. it gets the point across with a laugh (you cant help but laugh). i have yet to use it with the viper.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJay View Post
    i keep a stack of these in all my cars
    Attachment 920
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJay View Post
    not kidding in the least. it gets the point across with a laugh (you cant help but laugh). i have yet to use it with the viper.
    Well, I'd HOPE people would laugh, but I can see where it would make some people pissed off and then WANT to do damage...I'd NOT leave it in your Viper where people could read it...just seems it'd really be a bad idea~~~just my .02...yeah, I know, for what THAT is worth~~~ ! ~juli