Help:-( Drivers door won’t shut and Passenger door won’t open.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got to work and went to close the door and it just bounced back open like the lock is already locked. I tried locking and unlocking the car with the fob and door switch and no luck.:confused:

I had this issue with my Chevy van and it was a spring but, I know these are electronic.

I haven’t seen this issue covered before but I’ll try a search.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than likely the battery is dead. If this is not the case then the fuse could be blown but I bet it is the battery.

The car been starting fine and no issues with lights or anything. I don't mind changing the battery but I wonder if this is something I can easily do myself or should I take it to Dodge? With the door taped shut.:D

Reaction score
Well according to my Techs the only thing that it could be now that everything else is working would be the BCM (body control module). You will need to take it to a dealer and have them scan and diagnose it though.

Sorry and good luck,

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so I fixed it............I guess.:dunno:

Here’s how. I'm outside trying to figure out how I’ll secure the door while driving to the dealer. As I’m pushing the door closed as far as it will go I press on the door handle and it latches.:) I press the door handle again and it opens and close like new.:2tu: I’m good.:lmao:

This might be good to put on the "How To" site.

Thanks again MJ of Woodhouse

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My driver's door does this all the time (at least once a month). All I have to do to fix it is put the key in ignition and turn the key on. With the key on, I pull the door handle once or twice and it clears up.

I'm tempted to swap the passenger side door switch with the driver's side door switch since the passenger side door has never done it and I seldom open the passenger side door.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver's door does this all the time (at least once a month). All I have to do to fix it is put the key in ignition and turn the key on. With the key on, I pull the door handle once or twice and it clears up.

I'm tempted to swap the passenger side door switch with the driver's side door switch since the passenger side door has never done it and I seldom open the passenger side door.

This is the first time it's happened to me. I hope it's not a monthly event.:smirk:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There have been other post on here reporting the same problem. One owner replaced the door switch himself and it seemed to clear up the problem.

I'm not too worried as long as my "workaround" continues to work.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also thinking that maybe using the manual key lock on the door under the mirror might have helped temporarily.

I forgot that was even there.:smirk:

It seemed that by putting pressure on the latch and then engaugeing (sic) the door handle it un-wiged itself out. It's working now so I'm back to beating on it.:headbang:

Great weather down here right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235