Viper Owner Invitational # 10

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if any one heard about the VOI 10, I'm not sure if they are waiting until the Presidents meeting is over to annouce where and when. I'm thinking in Detroit, I wouldn't mind Daytona either. It's 60 degrees outside in N. E., feels like summer. I want to out and drive, autocross anyone. Please any info or comments. Yelloh:drive:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know about VOI 10 , but your right about the nice day. Took my car to work this morning and I'm looking forward to driving home with the top down!!!
When is your car due to be done? It is looking bad a$$ so far!!
Can't wait to see it at one of our events
Dave

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a decision will be made at the Presidents meeting.....two possible locations are Detroit and Chicago

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave
Going to Dream Weekend next week, worked out perfect to go and see car before it ships home. Can't wait, enjoy ride home.
Chicago or Detroit would be good.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Detroit or Chicago is ALL GOOD! I'm also ready to sign up as should everyone that owns a Viper. VOI9 in Vegas was a blast and if you love Vipers - you have to attend a VOI.

I believe a decision will be made at the Presidents meeting.....two possible locations are Detroit and Chicago

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Presidents meeting is in AZ Jan 18 - we should know more after.

Vegas is the spot and it would great if it were always in Vegas IMHO - but that won't likely happen.

No offense to you mid-west guys, buy who would want to go to Detroit or Chicago when they could go to Vegas? If it is held in the mid-west or east, it's not very likey that many west coast people will attend.

Dan

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan
I had a great time in Vegas last year and would do it again in a heart beat. I know you are from So Cal . But in all fairness it cost 4 of us over11K to ship our cars out there. I like going to different locations, and driving different tracks.

Rocket how is your car coming along

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Vegas is the spot and it would great if it were always in Vegas IMHO - but that won't likely happen.

No offense to you mid-west guys, buy who would want to go to Detroit or Chicago when they could go to Vegas? If it is held in the mid-west or east, it's not very likey that many west coast people will attend.

Dan

I would love to come out to Vegas, but just as it is hard for west coasters to come east, it is hard for east coasters to come west. Seems to me it would be far better for all to rotate through the east, middle, and west.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont know... as hard as it is to make the long trip, I would rather make a long trip for a WORTHWHILE location like Vegas than a short trip for a crappy location.

I vote for something in the southeast, maybe Orlando, Miami.... cruise through the Keys maybe...?

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know... as hard as it is to make the long trip, I would rather make a long trip for a WORTHWHILE location like Vegas than a short trip for a crappy location.

I vote for something in the southeast, maybe Orlando, Miami.... cruise through the Keys maybe...?
I like Dan's idea, but I'll go wherever it is. Fortunately, I'm in the middle so it's easy to go any direction. Have Viper..Will Travel:2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan[/quote

Why would you not attend a VOI in the east, we have airports here too....no more difficult to travel east than it is west...besides, you folks on the left coast need to see how the other half live:D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan

Hmm, so the easterners go west, but westerners won't go east, I guess west coasters aren't as committed Viper owners & supporters as east coasters. Oh, no offense. :D

J/K, but really doesn't it only seem fair to rotate ... are there really no event locations in the midwest / east that are 'worthy' ? :dunno: I'm just saying.:1up:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
........... just as it is hard for west coasters to come east, it is hard for east coasters to come west..............

Thats appropriate, coming from a guy in CENTERVILLE !

I have been to all 9 VOIs. The magic of # 1 in Detroit can likely never be repeated. Of the 240 Gen 1 RT10s there, only 10-12 were modified ! The smaller, more intimate event was truly a highlight of ownership. When Bob Lutz dropped by our snake-pit parking lot, (via his own helicopter) it was as if **** Jagger had just arrived.

I just hope the VCA can convince Cerberus to part with their investors money for a VOI. They dont "know" us like the old regimes did. We may have to re-prove our 'worth' to the bean-counters. A VOI in Detroit would cost Cerberus less $$.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detroit would certainly cost less money, no need to ship a bunch of vehicles at a great distance and all the rest of the costs associated with logistics for a distant location. If cost savings is what will make or break it, then Detroit should definitely be the location.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Detroit would certainly cost less money, no need to ship a bunch of vehicles at a great distance and all the rest of the costs associated with logistics for a distant location. If cost savings is what will make or break it, then Detroit should definitely be the location.

I'm going to the Detroit Dream Weekend so I'll get my chance, but for those that may not otherwise have an opportunity to see Conner Ave, etc, combining some of the Detroit car guy attractions with VOI sounds like a good idea to me.

I've never been to a VOI (I'm a Viper noob) so I don't know what schedules permit as far as side trips to area attractions.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard throught the years that VOI will never be held in Chicago, specifically at the Nascar track in Joliet(chicagoland), because there are not enough hotels and other ammenities nearby to support a large group for 3 or 4 days. That is what I heard.
I vote for Detroit.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dan

I agree with Dan. Though I think it is harder on some if the location is always in one spot. It seems from past VOI locations, that the VCA has outgrown some of the spots. I definately think Vegas is the "Spot". Its got night life, plenty of hotels and parking and a track nearby. And weather is generally nice. It is a special location for a specail event. I would have no interest in a VOI in Chicago. But different strokes for different folks. And in all fairness, if VOI's were to always continue, it would be fair to rotate between West and east coasts.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dan. Though I think it is harder on some if the location is always in one spot. It seems from past VOI locations, that the VCA has outgrown some of the spots. I definately think Vegas is the "Spot". Its got night life, plenty of hotels and parking and a track nearby. And weather is generally nice. It is a special location for a specail event. I would have no interest in a VOI in Chicago. But different strokes for different folks. And in all fairness, if VOI's were to always continue, it would be fair to rotate between West and east coasts.

Vegas is certainly a great location for VOI, but it is good to change it up (1) to be fair to people from other regions and (2) to provide a new and interesting location. "Fair" would be to rotate between East, Central, and West with some frequency, perhaps with a leaning toward the population areas with greater Viper ownership (because "in all fairness", if 75% of the Viper owners/attendees are in the east, then that should be the more frequent location to better enable them to attend with their vehicles). As it stands, it has fairly rotated at least recently:
VOI7 - Nashville (sort of east, though not exactly, as it is 10+ hours drive from the closest coast)
VOI8 - Dallas (basically central)
VOI9 - Vegas (basically west)

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detroit. I'll go anywhere it is, but we've had 2 of the last 5 in Vegas. It's a nice bit of symmetry to have #1 and #10 in Detroit. Also, perfect symmetry IF the times of vipers are drawing to a close. And of course, the added benefit of being cheaper for the toaster-making owners makes it easier to swallow.

Heck, at the rate in which I will receive my 08, I might just have a VOI 10 assembly plant pickup of this darn car.

I think we'll need extra security tho :)

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Mackeral ! how can you say Texas is central.I would think Detroit is more central fom all points, are we forgeting our Canadian folks. My vote would be Detroit or wouldn't mind Daytona either. I know one thing I'm going no matter where it's. I hate to be the one to say it, I wouldn't be surprise if this were the last one. :dunno:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but from what I was told at SEMA by someone who I'm certain is in the know, figure on Detroit.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is WAY too much crime in Detroit to even consider it as a location! And the way the market and economy is turing south, what do you think the people in the area are going to think when they see a bunch of "rich people" in their HP cars rollin around. Receipe for disaster.

Much safer bet would be Orlando. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper