Moton Mount in Trunk?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK, so I did a search, and saw various mounts for the trunk. Where and what size hole did you drill to get the the moton in the trunk?

Nadar has his new pressure test and fill kit so in theory, if I am going to buy that I could drill a smaller hole and disconnect the hose and drill a smaller hole - but not sure if I want to go that route.

Also, I'm somewhat concerned that one of the shocks has a leak as there is a large amount of oil in the box. All of the shocks where oily, but one end of the box is soaked.

Thanks.

John

PS - here was a pic of the mount that I plan to use:
Joes_coil_mount1.JPG

Reaction score
John,

when you took them apart to install them you may have cut the O-ring that seals the canister and banjo end. If this is the case you will need new ones. Call me and I will try and get some replacements for you from Moton. They are delicate and does happen. Once this is addressed you should have no fear of them leaking. We have installed more than a 100 sets of these over the years and have yet to see or hear of one leaking once installed properly.

No biggy just call me and we will get you taken care of.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Motons sit horizontal and snug in each pocket without additional hardware.
You may be able to make an aestetic case but why add the extra weight of a mount?;)
Let see some pics of the completed install.

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Mark,

Just pm'd you. I DID NOT take them apart - but was thinking about it as a way to avoid having to cut a big hole in the trunk.

John,

when you took them apart to install them you may have cut the O-ring that seals the canister and banjo end. If this is the case you will need new ones. Call me and I will try and get some replacements for you from Moton. They are delicate and does happen. Once this is addressed you should have no fear of them leaking. We have installed more than a 100 sets of these over the years and have yet to see or hear of one leaking once installed properly.

No biggy just call me and we will get you taken care of.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

Just pm'd you. I DID NOT take them apart - but was thinking about it as a way to avoid having to cut a big hole in the trunk.

Rocket to get the Motons in the trunk Chuck T. cut a 2.5 hole. I found a nice plastic plug to fill the hole afterwards which came out nice. However I wish i had my kit then so i could have taken the Motons apart and simply drilled a 3/4 hole to run the hose and put in a grommet to finish it off. If you plan on buying the kit, i would definitely go that route.

I am surprised the Motons are leaking. Are they new?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The hole with the plug seems to be the way to go with the vert.

With the coupe, you can fit the Motons in through the cabin vent behind the fender liner. The vent grille comes out fairly easy and there's no real cutting or drilling, just use a round file to make room for the cannister line at one of the bottom corners.

Dan:drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R