Pics of my SRT-10 (RARE color combo!)

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist the little practical joke. I love the Viper Red in all honesty. My personal experience is that I love my Viper the more I LEARN about the cars driving dynamics, reactions to certain inputs, etc. As I identify things I don't like (e.g., shifter, seat height), I address them via modifications and I will continue to do so until I address all facets that I'm not 100% happy with.

I love the fact that the car is a wild beast, or a big Gentle Ben all based on your inputs with the controls. I have driven the car around NYC like it was a Prius with nary a buck, hiccup or anything. Of course on the open road is when the name VIPER truly comes into play! :drive: :2tu:

I have already joined the NY/CT region of the VCA, I'm just waiting for my member# and then I'll have a avatar and sig :headbang: I look forward to attending the upcoming events of 2008.

MODS so far (all purchased based on info gleaned from VCA forum searches!):

B&M SHIFTER
MGW Shift-Knob
NITTO INVO TIRES
NWE 2" Seat Lowering
MGW Chrome Shifter Bezel, HVAC Knobs, Gauge Bezels
More to come!

Here are the pics:

You must be registered for see images

This pic shows how much lower the drivers side is with the lowering kit

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how are the nittos???? congrats

Nice car! DII-How is the ride-etc, with the NITTO INVO'S. I'm thinking about going with them. Thanks

I'll just break it down to categories

TRACTION- is really excellent. I have only had them on the car since October and here in the NE it has not gone above the 70's in that time period. With that being said these things grip very well. I have done full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear in 30degree weather with no tire spin! I know there are threads here with guys that spun their car going from 1st to 2nd in cold weather with the run craps. The tread is not cut very deep so perhaps that causes the tire to bite like a semi slick. I have had the car up to about 170-175mph with these (on a closed airport runway of course :)), and traction is consistent all the way through.

HANDLING - is also good. I have not put the car through a serious track session yet, but it handles the curves well. Lateral movements are precise and I feel very comfortable with the car.

RIDE - this is one of the most significant changes. I can not honestly say if its entirely due to the Nittos or the change from the old run craps. The run craps just have such stiff sidewalls, so you spend all your time hopping and skittering about. With these tires you can drive with 1 hand confidently. This is a VIPER we are talking about, so I'm not saying you can fall asleep at the wheel, but it rides well.

AESTHETIC - love the tread pattern, and sidewalls take tire shine VERY well (heyso what I'm vain). From the first application, they shined just the way you see in the picture. Get ready for people to ask if ur tires are bald though, due to the shallow tread, and smooth sidewall.