Introduction

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to wait until I get my car in a week or two, but what the hell. My name is Ron, from Toronto Canada, and it was me who purchased that 98 GTS Coupe that is painted in the Team Oreca colours that was on ebay a couple weeks back. I have wanted a Viper since they were released but the timing and finances were never right. (not that they are now, but oh well) I have two Lotus cars presently - a 1970 Lotus Europa and a 1999 Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo. The Esprit is a fantastic car, handles great and is extremely fast, but it is not designed to be abused. So I decided that rather than damaging it by taking it to the track or drag racing it, I would purchase a Viper. I have been looking for a couple months for the right one and when the one in the Oreca scheme went up for sale, I knew it was destiny. lol. I have had the diecast of that car since it won in 98 and has always been my favorite colour scheme. I will post pics when I receive the car. Here is a pic of my garage so far. Thanks, Ron.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, Ron...the GTS IS the epitome of Vipers everywhere...you won't get any arguments there! We also LOVE the Lotus's too...a friend of ours has a Lotus Elise, and you cannot beat its handling...cute 1.8L Toyota Celica motor, so no very little hp, but SO much fun to drive on twisty roads!
Glad to have you onboard!!! Be sure to send your VIN number to the moderators to upgrade yourself to Viper Owner here! (Mods are: Y2K5srt, kcobean, citysnake, lee00blacksilver) Can't wait to see pics! ~juli
**Great garage already!

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all. I will send the vin number once I receive the car and transfer the ownership to my name. Like Tom Petty says, "The waiting is the hardest part!" Then again I have waited 15 years so what's another 2 weeks.
The Viper will go on the other side of the garage, so no risk of "lift falling damage." Ron.

V

Venomiss

Here is a website in case you haven't seen it already:

Viper Club of Ontario

We hope to see more pictures of your new Viper very soon.:2tu:
Congrats and welcome to lot's of fun!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate to disagree Juli, but the RT/10 being the original HAS to be the epitome ;)

Sorry, but Julie's right. And the fastest color is DEEP SAPPHIRE BLUE!

Oh, yah - welcome. So when are you going to sell the Lotus'? Another couple weeks? Need boost, right?

Ted

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ron
Welcome to the family. Make sure you join the Ontario viper club. I joined myself last year and the people are very nice and have alot of great events. What part of Toronto are you near??? I'm out in Courtice (near Oshawa). Send me a pm if you have any questions

Your excited about getting your car and I bubbled mine last weekend so I'm depressed...lol

Glenn

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice collection of cars you have there... Always liked lotus' (or loti, never sure what the plural of lotus should be :D )

When it comes to the Viper though, no other car excites me like a Viper... I hope you have years of enjoyment, good choice! and welcome! :2tu:

Must be said ;) ... :needpics:

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper community. Great garage, but it looks like you'll need to make some room for the newest addition still.:2tu:

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great garage, but it looks like you'll need to make some room for the newest addition still

This spring I am building a shed in the backyard to keep the lawn equipment, bikes, etc. in. That makes room on the other side, maybe another lift? Thanks for all the welcome greetings. Don't worry, I will post pics as soon as I receive the car. (After it gets cleaned up from the loooong trip!) Ron.

PS. Glenn, I am in West Hill, 10 minutes from the Metro Zoo. Only 1st and 2nd gear (maybe 3rd) away from you. I used to fly giant scale R/C planes in Courtice a few years back. We will definately have to meet up a one of the car shows this spring!

Last edited:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ron... it's nice to have another eastender join the group. There are a few of us out here and you'll usually see 3-5 of us at haugens every wednesday evening. We will definately hook up.

I don't know if you are aware, but Viper days ae coming to Calabogie June 20-22 it's suppose to be a great weekend and a must for every viper owner.. I know I'm planning on attending.

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car almost got picked up today. I told the transport company that the car was very low to the ground and to make sure they send an appropriate truck. The driver calls me and says he can't pick it up with the truck he has, and that they will have to arrange for a different vehicle to pick it up. So the wait continues. Not like I can drive it anyways with the weather in Toronto, but I would love to start exploring and detailing it!!!
Here are some low res pics to view until I can get some good ones. Ron.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT.
I know how hard the wait is. When the truck rolled into my driveway back in October I was a mess until it was in my garage. Another snake escapes to Canada !!!!

Who is shipping it? Do they have a lift like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Even this was close as my car was set real low by the previous owner.

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend imports cars from the States on a regular basis. He arranged the brokers and shipping details.( I guess the lowered car detail got overlooked!)Good things come to those who wait.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to disagree Juli, but the RT/10 being the original HAS to be the epitome ;)

:D Disagreement is what makes discussions abound!!! The RT/10 IS a gorgeous specimen of Vipers; just IMHO the GTS body style really screams "BRUTE"~! :eater:
Respectfully :cool:~~~juli

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet you're just not sleeping until your lovely Beauty gets to ya!!~!! Just gorgeous...

There have been a few sleepless nights so far!

Found out today it will be transported in an enclosed truck, but it could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks more for delivery. Sleep is overated anyways!!!

I know the colour scheme is not everybody's cup of tea - but I love it! Since some of you say red is the fastest, and others say blue and white is the fastest, I figured that red, blue, and white should be twice as fast!!! Ron.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few sleepless nights so far!
Found out today it will be transported in an enclosed truck, but it could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks more for delivery. Sleep is overated anyways!!!
I know the colour scheme is not everybody's cup of tea - but I love it! Since some of you say red is the fastest, and others say blue and white is the fastest, I figured that red, blue, and white should be twice as fast!!! Ron.

:2tu::usa: Best of all worlds, right?!!! I think the car is very unique, one-of-a-kind, and you will be DE-lighted once it arrives...sorry it'll be 2-4 weeks....gosh, sleep...will have to squeeze some in there while pacing!!! Can't wait til you get it, but not as much as you!
~~~juli

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
I want that wing on my RT10... The shipping company tried to put my car on the wrong trailer and dented the sill on the passenger side whan the ramp lifted !! I'm glad it was insured!! sill needed to have the dent removed and repainted ..I was sooooo pissed !! Beautiful car... I like the ones that stand out
AL

OP
OP
anaconda666

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told the person who was present for the pick up to call when the truck arrived. He put the truck driver on the phone who described the truck bed, and how it had 1.5 inch rails sticking up just inside the wheel ramps. I told him unless he was 100% sure that the rails would not contact any part of the car, not to attempt loading it. He agreed that it should be a different truck and my car was spared any damage!

And the wait continues....