SSG can not be ordered but.......

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just told that you cannot order SSG but any orders that were taken will be built, even if you only have a VON. They apparently received a lot more orders for this color than they were originally going to build. I was told that they are still going to build them in between other new colors to fill the SSG demand. Of course he said that they could stop any color at any time too. Can anyone truly in the know confirm this?
I still only have a VON after a September order so I am worried.
Thanks Bill for the info. you gave me but I am still hopeful that my dealer will come through. They plan to do a big personation on the car in their showroom so I think they will do their best to get me the car.:dunno:
GRNBGON :D

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say, I went and saw this color today on a vert becuase I had been thinking about eventually getting an 08 SSG but I was not blown away by the color like I thought I would be. Still a nice color though. Good luck, hopefully you are able to get what you wanted

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but I was not blown away by the color like I thought I would be...

I ordered SSG and am crossing my fingers. I have only seen pics and mostly positive opinions from others that have seen it. Some pics I like and some I don't! :omg: Anxiously awaiting...

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Bill was right, Dealer called me and said, as of today, the SSG car I ordered from them in September, the allocation was NOT picked up! Here we have the most ordered Viper so far and dealers CAN'T get them!:confused: I thought they wanted to sell cars? I want to support my local dealer, why do I have to go out of town and pay more? Please excuse me. I am venting.:mad:

V

Venomiss

Can Bill maybe help you get your color? Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm and old fashion type of guy. I am trying to help the people how have helped me in my own community. I live in that type of town. Neighbor helping neighbor. Here in Michigan, our neighbors need our help. Times are tough!:( I hope this explains things. Besides, they were only going to go $2,500. over invoice which I thought was fair.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that *****, sorry to hear it wasn't picked up... It does help to go through someone who does a lot of vipers, but I understand supporting a local dealer. My SSG is in D1, but this is getting silly.

There's a ssg/white stripes here in Dallas, if interested, the info is in another thread... They won;t do 2500 over invoice, which is a great deal, but if you want a car, you might need to ratcher up payment expectations.

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, I take it all back. The car IS going to be built!!! Thanks to all the people at Chrysler who helped make this happen. Life is great in the Viper Nation. You guys are family.:2tu:
I am back in the saddle again.:drive:

OP
OP
GRNBGON

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Those people at Chrysler are fantastic. I now have a VIN for my new SSG Viper. Membership has it's privilege.
Thanks again to all that helped. I am now on cloud 9.
GRNBGON

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first time I saw a Copperhead I was not that impressed (on the showroom floor, not in the sun) But see it outside WOW......Probably the same with SS Green.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say, I went and saw this color today on a vert becuase I had been thinking about eventually getting an 08 SSG but I was not blown away by the color like I thought I would be. Still a nice color though. Good luck, hopefully you are able to get what you wanted

When I saw the color chips, even the photos of finished cars, I thought the SSG was not only ugly, but a very dumb idea. Who wants a lime green car?

On the Detroit Dream weekend, I saw lots of "lime green" both at Conner Avenue and at Prefix. WOW! It's great. Black stripes make it even better. The variations due to light angles make it come alive. SSG is totally Viper.