Sloan Kwik-Load Rollback Trailer

Goin 4 It

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm moving from KC to INDY and one of the parts of this move involves me picking up a rental truck in the KC/Olathe area and loading my '98 GTS on one of their rental trailers. From what I've seen in their pictures, I'm not sure I can safely load the snake onto one of those trailers without damaging the autoform front fascia. Does anyone know of someone who might let me "borrow" their Kwik-Load this Saturday, 01/26 if I promise to return it to KC on 02/15. Our house sale in Lenexa closes on the 12th and the movers are supposed to show up for 2 days of packing on the 11th and 12th or thereabouts. Then, depending on which employee you talk to they're either going to unload at our new home in Avon, Indiana on the 15th or the 18th. The point is that I can get the trailer back to KC by 02/15. I sold my Kwik Load to a guy from Kearny and now I can't even remember his name which is too bad since he told me I could borrow it anytime I needed to. I'm not sure he was expecting me to put 1,000 miles on it from KC to Indy and back again though. Any ideas?

menglert3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May I suggest calling a good Car Hauler W/Enclosed Trailer. They are pretty reasonable, No further than you are going it should not be over $500.

Mike
97 GTS

OP
OP
G

Goin 4 It

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for advice Mike. I'm sure you're correct in suggesting an enclosed trailer but being out of a job for 3 months was somewhat humbling and required I conserve funds as much as possible for a while. Got a wife and 2 Vipers to feed so I finally said my prayers and gambled on the Budget open hauler and believe it or not, their ramps come in 2 different lengths. When I arrived at the Budget location, they had my truck and trailer all ready to go and it went on without even touching anything in the process........that is until my son realized the front wheel stops on their trailers were too high for the Autoform front fascia to clear. Now, you're not supposed to alter their equipment in any way so I backed the snake off the trailer and my son and I drove back to my house where we promptly removed those suckers with a socket and a 9/16" wrench. There are only 3 bolts holding those stops onto the trailer and while it may take a little WD-40 to make the job a bit easier, it can be done in about 10 minutes. Presto, chango and the car fit perfectly. We added a couple of cross mounted straps in the back and I don't think the car moved half an inch the whole 500 miles. Clear blue skies and no rock chips. I just had to reinstall those tire stops before turning the truck and trailer in at Indy the next morning and the job was complete. Now both Vipers are safely in my garage as we prepare for 6" of snow tonight. Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time.

Hoosier Daddy :drive: