3M Paint Protection Film

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've see a few car buffs now using this on their windshield. Apparently 3M now make a new thiner version? The idea is excellent, since my windshield takes quite a beating and is never the same after a season of driving. If this is practical, it's a great way to keep your windshield "pit less" by replacing the film every year.

Has anyone had any experience with this product on their windshield? Does it significantly influence your view, i.e., swirls and/or distortion?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've see a few car buffs now using this on their windshield. Apparently 3M now make a new thiner version? The idea is excellent, since my windshield takes quite a beating and is never the same after a season of driving. If this is practical, it's a great way to keep your windshield "pit less" by replacing the film every year.

Has anyone had any experience with this product on their windshield? Does it significantly influence your view, i.e., swirls and/or distortion?

I will never understand how you get a beating on your windshield and never really on your front bumper from what I can recall. You are a weird man. :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not on my windshield but id be willing to do it when i get a new windshield this year....

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I install both the 3M and Ventureshield Paint Protectant Films, (they hate when you call it clear bra). Never tried to install it on the windshield. Im going to call on Monday about the windshield application, I dont think they make a thinner material than the 8 mil stuff unless its for some military application, but Ill check and let everyone know. Whos has it on there car?

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to my 3M dealer, 3M does Not make any windshield film. Just FYI

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Scott,
Give me a call. I have the stuff on my windshield. If you remember I told you about it when we were at "Maureens Kitchen". Nascar uses it. You can't even tell that it is on. It has saved me from a few rock chips already when highway driving. I also have the 3M installed on the front bumper, side sills, and behind the front and rear wheels. Again, you can't even tell that it is on unless I were to point it out to you. The stuff on the windshield is a little thicker than the stuff for the car. My buddy in Nassau (Great Neck) installs it professionally at his shop. If you want his #, call me. I'll PM you with my cell #. Thanks, Phil.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,
Give me a call. I have the stuff on my windshield. If you remember I told you about it when we were at "Maureens Kitchen". Nascar uses it. You can't even tell that it is on. It has saved me from a few rock chips already when highway driving. I also have the 3M installed on the front bumper, side sills, and behind the front and rear wheels. Again, you can't even tell that it is on unless I were to point it out to you. The stuff on the windshield is a little thicker than the stuff for the car. My buddy in Nassau (Great Neck) installs it professionally at his shop. If you want his #, call me. I'll PM you with my cell #. Thanks, Phil.
Thanks Phil! I almost forgot about this thread.

I'll give you a call when I've got a windshield to cover ;). Probably beginning of April. I'll probably be looking to cover some of the car too. Is your buddy the corvette fellow (is it Vette Teck or something) right off Northern Blvd?

Last edited:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been checking into Proline but I am a little leery about the product. I install ClearMask now and have used it over vinyl graphics for protecting window advertising. It is not crystal clear and you will loose some visual clarity. But the main concern I have with Proline is how will it hold up once you turn the windshield wipers on. I can easily see the material wearing quickly. If so you wont be able to see clearly out of your windshield. With that being said I am going to put it on my 07 Jeep SRT-8 and see how it holds up. Once I do I will let you know the results. Proline is just up the road from me so I can get it done there and meet with the them to get all of my questions answered. I hope it works though. Would be a great product and save a lot of money in windshield replacements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh