New 08 GTS Blue Coupe Owner

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I signed the papers for an 08 Coupe tonight. It should be delivered by Feb. 1st, and I'm really excited. I was really looking forward to making the sale with Bill Pemberton, as I could tell from my phone conversation, he knew what he was talking about, but after seeing the two-tone blue in person (a VOI9 at Lamborghini of Dallas) I just couldn't buy that color combo. I got the all black interior and 5 spoke wheels for $82,900, so I'm happy with the deal. I will post pics and LOTS of videos as soon as I get it, pending good weather.

Jason

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, do I have to wait until delivery to start my VCA membership, and when could I enter for the ACR raffle? Thanks for the help!

Jason

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason,
For a definitive answer, give the folks at VCA HQ a call at 1.800.998.1110, but I believe the answer is yes, you have to have ownership of the car, a VON won't do (perhaps because at some point people were being allowed to join with a VON instead of a VIN and then canceling their order?)

Since you'll get your VCA membership courtesy of a new car purchase, it can take quite awhile (up to two months, I'm told) for Dodge to get your information over to the VCA for processing.

But give HQ a call and talk with 'em and see.

Congrats on the purchase though, that's awesome!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I signed the papers for an 08 Coupe tonight. It should be delivered by Feb. 1st, and I'm really excited. I was really looking forward to making the sale with Bill Pemberton, as I could tell from my phone conversation, he knew what he was talking about, but after seeing the two-tone blue in person (a VOI9 at Lamborghini of Dallas) I just couldn't buy that color combo. I got the all black interior and 5 spoke wheels for $82,900, so I'm happy with the deal. I will post pics and LOTS of videos as soon as I get it, pending good weather.

Jason

Jason -- Congrats on the purchase.

/Rich

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Jason! You got a great discount, and with a Feb.1 delivery, sounds like your dealer has it in stock, and just needs to get it to you. The solid black interior is a safe choice, but I looked at solid black for 5 years and was ready for something a little different. And good luck with the stripes. They will look great on your coupe.:2tu:

Bill

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy from us you ALWAYS get the deal you are quoted AND the car! It is here so I know he will see it soon!

Thanks Jason!

eek...sorry, I may have worded it incorrectly. Bill had the two-tone, and I didn't like the color too much in person, so I had to buy elsewhere. :( Mark, are you saying that you also had a GTS Blue with solid black interior at the dealership? The car is in stock, and will be picked up Tuesday from the dealership and transported here by next weekend. Mark, I will be in touch with you in a few months for some parts for it!

Jason

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, $5,000 discount?! Where did you purchase? I hope that you actually get the car.

I got the car from a dealer in Arizona that just got it in last week, found by a forum member of another site. I will post all details once the car is here in my garage.

Congratulations Jason! You got a great discount, and with a Feb.1 delivery, sounds like your dealer has it in stock, and just needs to get it to you. The solid black interior is a safe choice, but I looked at solid black for 5 years and was ready for something a little different. And good luck with the stripes. They will look great on your coupe.:2tu:

Bill

Bill, thanks for your information in your other thread! I thought I would like the two-tone, but realized for my personal choice, the black interior was "safe". Your car is VERY beautiful though!

Jason

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jason on your '08 Coupe. I think if you know your VIN#, you can send it along to KCObean (pm) and he can upgrade you to Viper Owner...then when you get your VCA membership, make sure to let the moderators know, and they can update you then to VCA Member! Welcome! ~juli

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car's at the dealership so get the VIN and join. You don't need to have possession of the car IMO. I joined the date I made the deal for my car so I could post and ask questions before it arrived.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car's at the dealership so get the VIN and join. You don't need to have possession of the car IMO. I joined the date I made the deal for my car so I could post and ask questions before it arrived.

The concern I think is that if you go snag the VIN off the Viper "you're going to buy" and use it to register with the VCA, then the deal falls through (for price reasons or whatever), you're now a VCA Member who doesn't own a Viper. The only way "Viperless VCA member" should happen if you sell your car (or worse it's stolen or totalled in an accident) part-way through the membership year.

But again, I defer entirely to the folks at HQ for the definitive answer as to what they require. :)

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Delivered just in time for Viper Days at Texas World Speedway Feb. 15-17. You will have two weeks to get her broken in! Hope to see you there..

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Delivered just in time for Viper Days at Texas World Speedway Feb. 15-17. You will have two weeks to get her broken in! Hope to see you there..

Thanks! What is Viper Days? I had not heard about that, but not sure I will be available that weekend. The 200 mile drive to College Station would definitely help the break-in situation.

BTW, what is break-in for the Viper? I typically do the break-in procedure where I vary loads up to 100% WOT but in higher gears, try not cruise at a constant RPM, etc. I know not to take it up to redline. Is it the first 500 miles? Thanks in advance!

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss