Should not have bought a Viper!

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting through the winter (first one owning my Mamba) and not driving it makes me crazy! Woke up to 4 degrees this morning, warmer temperatures but rain on the way. :(

I would have never suspected that it'd be that hard!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting through the winter (first one owning my Mamba) and not driving it makes me crazy! Woke up to 4 degrees this morning, warmer temperatures but rain on the way. :(

Wet is usually the problem for me. I hate getting the car filthy.

But it goes like a bat out of hell when it's freezing outside (just watch the traction). Heck, it's got to be better to own a Viper in Kentucky than NYC! :D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One degree here this morning and I would be driving if the roads were bare and dry...no problem, but most of the roads around here have a sheet of ice on them that you can't even stand up on if you get out of your car. Remember it could always be worse....Spring can't come soon enough. I gotta get out of here...SOON!!!!

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been raining down here in houston now for well over a week. I bought my viper in dallas, drove it around for the day, then parked it in my garage.. I have been itching to drive it again, but not in this nasty weather.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, now you know what we all 'suffer' from...Viper-withdrawal-winter-syndrome. HATE it...roads gotta be washed with rain from all the salt/slurry slop they use, and we still have snow, very cold roads...not gonna get the cars out til it's warmer. Yes, we're going silently NUTS!!!! BUT, we've made the decision to live here, so we know what to expect...4 months of driving weather, 8 months not...LOL...out there when we can, so far, no-can-do. .....drat..... ~juli

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain even out here in Cali. It has been raining like crazy with no end in sight. Key is, when it does stop raining, not to put it into a stationary object being overzealous. Rain rain go away, my red Viper wants to play rain rain go away....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain even out here in Cali. It has been raining like crazy with no end in sight. Key is, when it does stop raining, not to put it into a stationary object being overzealous. Rain rain go away, my red Viper wants to play rain rain go away....

Have certainly heard about the rains out there, horrendous!!! 9", and then 10" expected possibly tomorrow...mudslides? Flooding? So, yeah, different weather, but same problem: CAN'T DRIVE OUR VIPERS!!!! :(:(:( Hope your rain eases up soon. ~juli

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey "Fang" maybe you should put a phone in your garage so our cars could talk and pout together over this crappy weather.
If this is your first Viper please do not attempt driving it in weather under 40 until you have a feel for the torque/hp in these things:nono:. The runflats and PS2 will get you in trouble very very fast. I know its hard to not want to drive it but take it from me these tires turn to ice skates in this weather! If you ever come North a little we should hook up, Im only about 1.5hr from you. Also if you havn't gotten to meet Adam (AB) before, you want too. He lives down there by you and is an out of this world mechanic! PM me if you want to hook up sometime!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had a very long drought here in NC, so I've been able to drive at will! :drive:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just hate Viper withdrawl syndrome....had to leave the car in the garage yesterday (rain, but we NEED it!), today 67 and bright sunshine, and tomorrow 72! Guess I'll have to get over the 1 day without driving the Viper syndrome today.......sorry about that!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hate Viper withdrawl syndrome....had to leave the car in the garage yesterday (rain, but we NEED it!), today 67 and bright sunshine, and tomorrow 72! Guess I'll have to get over the 1 day without driving the Viper syndrome today.......sorry about that!

I am coming your way in about 3 years.....how far are you from Albuequerque?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
OK - time to come clean - how many of you have sat in your Viper making VROOM, VROOM sounds? I know that I have on more than one occasion. C'mon Spring!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - time to come clean - how many of you have sat in your Viper making VROOM, VROOM sounds? I know that I have on more than one occasion. C'mon Spring!

LOL--Okay coming clean...and gazing longingly too!!! Then seeing the icy/snowy driveway, and knowing NO way can I even try to ATTEMPT it!!! I'd be in the ditch pronto!
(Graded driveway) Well, January almost over with, only got Feb/March to go, and those CAN be the worst months...so no hope yet...drat...:(...only the mantra: Spring WILL come; Spring WILL come....juli

OP
OP
F

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my RB1 w/ iPod in. At least got to sit in the Viper and mess with it. Did not make the "vroom vroom" sounds (ok maybe only once or twice :)).

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wet is usually the problem for me. I hate getting the car filthy.

But it goes like a bat out of hell when it's freezing outside (just watch the traction). Heck, it's got to be better to own a Viper in Kentucky than NYC! :D

I'm in between you both and haven't driven mine since November...:(

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in between you both and haven't driven mine since November...:(

:( Same here, and we're more NORTH than citysnake is in NYC...where he is, they generally don't get that much snow, but yes, cold and wet...here, we contend with cold/wet/black ice/ice/snow/sleet/freezing rains, LOL...and same here, haven't taken the BEAST out since Nov...:(...lots of us in 'withdrawals'. :(:(:( ~juli

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a break in the weather today finally and drove it to work for the first time. People I dont even know are coming to my office telling me nice car.

Rain the rest of the week though. So back up it will go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456