SSG delays, anyone know why?

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered ssg coupe/all black interior/black stripes/razor wheels in mid June. Was supposed to be fall build, but was pushed back with delays. I thought maybe winter? Car is still in BG status. Now am told they will be building ssg mixed in with rest of 2008 build. Anyone know what is up with ssg build? Ordered car early so I would have it this spring. I am wondering if its going to be over a year from order date before I see it?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are various reasons, and many could have to do with just the order status at the Dealership. Keep in mind that Chrysler shut off the ability to order for green on the last day of November. If a Dealer did not get an allocation, it looks very unlikely he will ever recieve it, as it should have gone to D status by now.

The black cars are being done as we speak, and we have recieved a couple already.

Bill P

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have Black Cars at the dealership ? And you have not posted pictures???!!! :nunu:
Please correct this shortcoming immmediately, I would hate to have to take this egregious transgression up with the web site committee.:banned::lmao:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered and are tired of waiting or would like to have an SSG coupe with black stripes but can no longer order one and can't find one: There is one at the dealership in Hayesville, NC that has been sitting on their showroom floor for a few weeks now and has still not been sold. My guess is the only reason it hasn't been sold yet is because of their location in a small town. If anyone needs the contact info, let me know. I'm not a car salesman, I just hate to see it held hostage when it begs to be driven:drive:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill can you post some pics of the black cars?

There are various reasons, and many could have to do with just the order status at the Dealership. Keep in mind that Chrysler shut off the ability to order for green on the last day of November. If a Dealer did not get an allocation, it looks very unlikely he will ever recieve it, as it should have gone to D status by now.

The black cars are being done as we speak, and we have recieved a couple already.

Bill P

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SSG is out having the stripes put on it, who knows when it will ship to me. Is the SSG still a limited production color?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, in D1... The NC car is tempting, I bought my first viper while in NC. Any clues on options (wheels, interior, etc.). The info couldn't hurt...

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, in D1... The NC car is tempting, I bought my first viper while in NC. Any clues on options (wheels, interior, etc.). The info couldn't hurt...

Sorry...it is mine as of this morning. My dealer was trying to trade their Venom Red for a SSG w/ white stripes for the last few days but the other dealer other was being dificult. So they bought the SSG with Black Stripes from the NC store. It has the H wheels and that overpriced floor mat and cover option. I wonder what "Embroidered Floor Mats" are exactly...color matched I hope. Yeah, yeah...I will update my signature.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered and are tired of waiting or would like to have an SSG coupe with black stripes but can no longer order one and can't find one: There is one at the dealership in Hayesville, NC that has been sitting on their showroom floor for a few weeks now and has still not been sold. My guess is the only reason it hasn't been sold yet is because of their location in a small town. If anyone needs the contact info, let me know. I'm not a car salesman, I just hate to see it held hostage when it begs to be driven:drive:

BTW I died yesterday when you posted this since my dealer was working with the NC dealer. Some other dealer fom Texas called them this morning to get the car as well.

SSGs are going like hot cakes...:rolleyes:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry...it is mine as of this morning. My dealer was trying to trade their Venom Red for a SSG w/ white stripes for the last few days but the other dealer other was being dificult. So they bought the SSG with Black Stripes from the NC store. It has the H wheels and that overpriced floor mat and cover option. I wonder what "Embroidered Floor Mats" are exactly...color matched I hope. Yeah, yeah...I will update my signature.

First of all, shouldn't I get some sort of finder's fee?;) Just kidding. You are getting an awesome car. I frequently have gone by to sit in it, stare at it, drool over it. etc. while I have been waiting on mine to get here. But I'm ok with mine being the only SSG around here:D Almost bought this one but I really wanted the convertible. It's a chic thing:2tu:

But keep in mind, guys, I also know where there is a SSG Conv, black stripes, Nav, H-spokes. I'm passing on this one because it isn't in yet and I found one that will be here in 2 days:headbang::2tu: If anyone wants info on this one, I'll be happy to pass it along. It's in Florida. I've been looking for a long time and actually had a deposit on this one but I found one that is ready to go now and I just couldn't wait any longer.

Enjoy your new ride, CarDude! Post pics when you get it!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the NC store, they said they'd rather sell it to me than a dealer. Of course that was 30 mins ago (b4 I saw your post)... But I wouldn't screw over another member... Enjoy it (darn!)

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called the NC store, they said they'd rather sell it to me than a dealer. Of course that was 30 mins ago (b4 I saw your post)... But I wouldn't screw over another member... Enjoy it (darn!)

I know where there is a loaded convertible! If you are interested, let me know. I'll pass along the info.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks...my dealer had called and said it was a done deal before I posted. Just goes to show you the car biz can be difficult to say the least.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew, just got the call, mine moved to G today, so any time now. Anybody at prefix to see some pix or something???

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew, just got the call, mine moved to G today, so any time now. Anybody at prefix to see some pix or something???

You had me worried...I called the dealer again and they said everything was complete...now for the wait...

First of all, shouldn't I get some sort of finder's fee?;) Just kidding. You are getting an awesome car. I frequently have gone by to sit in it, stare at it, drool over it. etc. while I have been waiting on mine to get here. But I'm ok with mine being the only SSG around here:D Almost bought this one but I really wanted the convertible. It's a chic thing:2tu:

But keep in mind, guys, I also know where there is a SSG Conv, black stripes, Nav, H-spokes. I'm passing on this one because it isn't in yet and I found one that will be here in 2 days:headbang::2tu: If anyone wants info on this one, I'll be happy to pass it along. It's in Florida. I've been looking for a long time and actually had a deposit on this one but I found one that is ready to go now and I just couldn't wait any longer.

Enjoy your new ride, CarDude! Post pics when you get it!

NO more sitting in my car...BTW how many miles did it have on it?

WOW these SSG ones are going quickly. If you haven't seen the color in person you will be surprised, it is unbelievable. I wasn't in the market for an 08 until I saw the SSG. I am sooo excited (again).

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You had me worried...I called the dealer again and they said everything was complete...now for the wait...

NO more sitting in my car...BTW how many miles did it have on it?

WOW these SSG ones are going quickly. If you haven't seen the color in person you will be surprised, it is unbelievable. I wasn't in the market for an 08 until I saw the SSG. I am sooo excited (again).

What? I can't sit in it anymore? No fair!

Your car has a whopping total of 13 miles, I think. The only people that drove it, was Chad, their best mechanic, who only drove it to make sure it was o.k. and the owner of the dealership drove it a couple of miles.

Talked to my buddy over there today. They are expecting to ship it to your dealer tomorrow or Thursday. Friday at the latest Since mine will be here on Thursday, I won't begrudge yours leaving too much. If you want, I can try to keep you updated on this end and let you know when it leaves NC.

I've got to tell you,CarDude, you are getting one sweet ride! BTW, it sounds amazing, too!:D:headbang: Enjoy your new baby!

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What? I can't sit in it anymore? No fair!

Your car has a whopping total of 13 miles, I think. The only people that drove it, was Chad, their best mechanic, who only drove it to make sure it was o.k. and the owner of the dealership drove it a couple of miles.

Talked to my buddy over there today. They are expecting to ship it to your dealer tomorrow or Thursday. Friday at the latest Since mine will be here on Thursday, I won't begrudge yours leaving too much. If you want, I can try to keep you updated on this end and let you know when it leaves NC.

I've got to tell you,CarDude, you are getting one sweet ride! BTW, it sounds amazing, too!:D:headbang: Enjoy your new baby!

Thanks a bunch...I'm so excited. Great to hear on the shipping. My dealer said I should have it no later that Tuesday of next week. And to think I already had one in my garage, I guess it is good that dealer messed with me, so now I can have stripes on my Viper.

Thanks again, and let me when it leaves the dealership.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, did we ever gat a full reason for all the delays? Have they actually stopped making SSGs altogether.

One rumor I heard was that they were going to do a mid run of the SSGs soon...? Anyone know. As soon as I get mine, I hope they stop producing them (sorry), so I will have a real limited production vehicle.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were three SSG coupes and some verts behind mine on the line Friday. Still saw some other green panel sitting at CAAP so there must be more being made. But I hope they quit soon. There was not a lot of SSG sitting around the plant, but A LOT of Venom Red. I think they overdid that color. Mine is supposed to be ready Monday, no stripes. We will see. Am waiting for my dealer to get the invoice so I can pay for it.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW, did we ever gat a full reason for all the delays? Have they actually stopped making SSGs altogether.

One rumor I heard was that they were going to do a mid run of the SSGs soon...? Anyone know. As soon as I get mine, I hope they stop producing them (sorry), so I will have a real limited production vehicle.

I've heard 2 rumors. I don't know which is true. The dealer who currently has possession of your car told me that they are no longer making SSG cars. They also told me that only 300 total coupes and convertibles would be made in that color.:dunno: I also heard the rumor you did that they were going to make them sporadically throughout the year.

Anyone know the truth?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard both stories myself (and the NC dealer told me the same, to hype up my desire for his car). In my panic to buy this NC car yesterday, it got escalated to someone in Dodge, and they committed that "if you have a VIN the car will be built". So, no more SSG will be built, unless you have that VIN issued (Bill can chime in, he'll know more than I). I personally think the 300 number is high, but time will tell.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard both stories myself (and the NC dealer told me the same, to hype up my desire for his car). In my panic to buy this NC car yesterday, it got escalated to someone in Dodge, and they committed that "if you have a VIN the car will be built". So, no more SSG will be built, unless you have that VIN issued (Bill can chime in, he'll know more than I). I personally think the 300 number is high, but time will tell.

So you were going to put up with the "H" wheels on my car? :lmao:

I hope you get your car soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62