Seat Lowering Kit question (and seat problem)

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, I ordered and installed a 1" seat lowering kit several months ago on my drivers side seat. The product really helped my view out the window and allows me to sit in the car in the right driving position and wear my helmet on track events - just as advertised! 2 questions:
- The kit has the adjustment arm on 1 side - and that works well (although a bit hard to reach from the sitting position) - the other rail (muffler side) seems to just free slide back and forth. When I corner hard, or even just get in the car and stretch out, it seems that the seat flex's and I get movement on the free rail side. Is this right? Its not a huge amount, maybe 1/2 inch, but it feels wrong. Should there be a cable or something that keeps the free rail side static? Am I missing something?
- After a few months, I have noticed that on the horizontal portion of my seat (the part you sit on) - there is a metal bar also on the muffler side on teh seat that provides rigidity to the seat and some upper thigh support that is structural to the seat bottom. It is covered by the main foam pad that you sit on - well, my foam pad has split over this metal bar so that that bar now comes in direct contact with my left upper thigh making for an uncomfortable seat. I took the seat out and opulled the seat cover back and confirmed that this foam is indeed broken and teh ar now peaks through the foam this in direct contact with my upper left thigh. I tried to duct tape the foam back together, but that didnt work. Do you think there is something that happens with the lowering kit that changes the seat understructure to allow this to happen, or did I install the kit wrong, or do I just have a bad foam pad from the factory (or am I just too fat that I busted the thing - I dont think so, Im 210 lbs)? The car is a 2004. Ever heard of this?

Thanks, Tim