American Racing Headers Added To My Car

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just added American Racing Headers to my '06 supercharged coupe and gained 33.5 hp and 32.5 tq. Car has Paxton, corsa track, high flow cats. Horsepower gains are with the factory tune and stock tune in the split second box from paxton. the headers are all stainless and very easy to install.
If anyone is interested or have any questions about thier headers you can contact Nicky @ American racing headers. He was very knowlegable and a pleasure to do business with.
Thier phone number is 631-608-1986:2tu:

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just added American Racing Headers to my '06 supercharged coupe and gained 33.5 hp and 32.5 tq. Car has Paxton, corsa track, high flow cats. Horsepower gains are with the factory tune and stock tune in the split second box from paxton. the headers are all stainless and very easy to install.
If anyone is interested or have any questions about thier headers you can contact Nicky @ American racing headers. He was very knowlegable and a pleasure to do business with.
Thier phone number is 631-608-1986:2tu:

So give us the details on the sound. Did it change the sound significantly after installing the headers? Does it sound b@d@$$ or what?

OP
OP
D

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought when i added the corsa only that it was only a little louder than stock, Now its deeper and crisper, i love it. Everyone now says to me my car sounds so good when i get on it

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, are you running the stock 7.5psi Paxton? Any other changes? Stock bottom end? Seems like before the headers you were around 710, that's 50hp more than most people with a stock Paxton and an exhaust system..

Thanks

I dont think he is quoting RWHP.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just added American Racing Headers to my '06 supercharged coupe and gained 33.5 hp and 32.5 tq. Car has Paxton, corsa track, high flow cats.

That seems kinda low, maybe its because you dont have a tune. Any idea what those headers do on a N/A car. My buddy got 25 rwhp and 40 rwtq , from Kooks headers on a N/A car. Im sure it helped even more once he put Paxton on.

Also, are you quoting 33hp or RWHP? Big difference.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy shizzle...and I thought Belanger were one of the most expensive headers around. Roe has the American Racing Headers on his site: American Racing Headers - 03-06 Viper SRT-10 - Exhaust Systems - Roe Racing

They are, Belangers are almost $3k I think for just the headers and intermediate pipes. Though I think the Belanger pricing has started to drop. Im noticing them more and more discounted on Vendor sites.
Most others range between $1700-2500 with your choice of B&B, M&M, or Kooks

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A nice gain Doug. Just to clarify, you went from OE exhaust manifolds to the American Racing Headers? Or did you have another brand on before you put the new ones on?

OP
OP
D

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A nice gain Doug. Just to clarify, you went from OE exhaust manifolds to the American Racing Headers? Or did you have another brand on before you put the new ones on?
I started with OE exhaust manifolds, then added the paxton and the corsa track exhaust, then the headers

OP
OP
D

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, are you running the stock 7.5psi Paxton? Any other changes? Stock bottom end? Seems like before the headers you were around 710, that's 50hp more than most people with a stock Paxton and an exhaust system..

Thanks
stock pulley,stock bottem end... I will be posting dyno sheets later.....Car is being tuned as we speak.:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those gains were rwhp, car hasn't been tuned yet. These numbers are with the stock tune from Paxton.

You would have one of the highest stock Paxton cars out then, as most are in the 600-650 range stock. All dyno's vary. Was this corrected #'s, and what kind of dyno?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You would have one of the highest stock Paxton cars out then, as most are in the 600-650 range stock. All dyno's vary. Was this corrected #'s, and what kind of dyno?
Dyno numbers are uncorrected and used a Dynojet dyno. as far as high numbers doug levin posts 750 hp on his basic kit.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are uncorrected and used a Dynojet dyno. as far as high numbers doug levin posts 750 hp on his basic kit.

DLM's numbers are not rear wheel. They are engine. Just like your car came with 510hp, not rear wheel hp.

Uncorrected vs corrected is a big difference. Engine vs RWHP is a big difference.
As you'll see from thousands of posts most stock SRT's dyno about 430-460 rwhp corrected.
Then you have Paxton SRT's dyno'd at about 600-650 rwhp corrected
And most are on a dynojet.

So when someones numbers are alot higher you wonder what went wrong or what they did differently. In this case you posted uncorrected numbers. Most people on internet post RWHP Corrected. Anyways, nice numbers still. And it is possible to get 700+ rwhp,with Paxton and headers/exhaust but you have to tune it aggressively.

OP
OP
D

doug fresh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no matter how you look at it , corrected or uncorrected the gains are still the gains. The actual uncorrected number was 710 to start and after the header install the uncorrected number was 743.5 on the same day on the same dyno, untuned!!
Also the corrected number was only 10 hp less than the uncorrected number

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no matter how you look at it , corrected or uncorrected the gains are still the gains. The actual uncorrected number was 710 to start and after the header install the uncorrected number was 743.5 on the same day on the same dyno, untuned!!
Also the corrected number was only 10 hp less than the uncorrected number

So 710 RWHP ? If so thats very good on stock car, stock tune. Post up a dyno sheet, be interesting to compare.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would look at your a/f... your probably leaning out quite a bit to get a number like that...
You really better becareful running that lean.... then you will have to do motor too....

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4