Anyone Have The BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW-2's??

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a new tire released for the Viper. A friend of mine has them on his Vette and they seem to be a mix between a stock tire and drag tire. Grips very well in his car even in the cold and the wear rating says it will last twice as long as the PS2's. Anyone have experience with these?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had these on my old car (supra with 900hp) and they did quite well with the power. Granted my viper has a bit more torque i was impressed with the tires. The price is VERY nice for the viper size i see too ($303 each rear). I might have to look into these, they have a very aggressive pattern to them.

You must be registered for see images

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put the 285's on the front and the 335's on the back. Got about 1k miles on so far. Good looking tire and so far, smooth, balanced very nicely...but anything had to be an improvements from the 7 year old OEM tires. For what you get for the price, very competitive choice for how I drive. I couldn't justify the price of PS-II's or "others" all things considered. Only time will tell.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put the 285's on the front and the 335's on the back. Got about 1k miles on so far. Good looking tire and so far, smooth, balanced very nicely...but anything had to be an improvements from the 7 year old OEM tires. For what you get for the price, very competitive choice for how I drive. I couldn't justify the price of PS-II's or "others" all things considered. Only time will tell.
Any pics of the car with these tires installed?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys getting the 17" or the 18" tires? I just checked and my local store told me there were no 345/30-19" tires available :(

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had these on my old car (supra with 900hp) and they did quite well with the power. Granted my viper has a bit more torque i was impressed with the tires. The price is VERY nice for the viper size i see too ($303 each rear). I might have to look into these, they have a very aggressive pattern to them.

You must be registered for see images

That is them. They looked pretty good and the price is right. Can save several hundred dollars by going with these and they stick pretty well. My main concern was spending a bunch of money for PS2s when they are supposed to wear faster than the PS1s. I just do not understand that especially since I put a lot of miles on the car. If I only drove it 2000 miles a year there would be no issue but I am at almost 50K and counting.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on the fronts for about 5k miles. They are very good on the street, but push at the road course.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a new tire released for the Viper. A friend of mine has them on his Vette and they seem to be a mix between a stock tire and drag tire. Grips very well in his car even in the cold and the wear rating says it will last twice as long as the PS2's. Anyone have experience with these?

I have them on the front wheels since the thread pattern is similar to the BFG Drag Radials I have on the rear. I think they handle great and look great as well:2tu:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave....but yea, they are a 330 or something like that tread wear, but they are perfect for the street

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that there is a thread about these tires. I found them while searching for tires myself earlier this month. Since I just upgraded the brakes it will be about a month before I spring for new tires, but these look like the ones Ill be getting for sure. 90 percent sure Ill be getting 4 of these bad boys.... Ill let ya know what I think and get some pics up.... stay tuned.

:usa:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that there is a thread about these tires. I found them while searching for tires myself earlier this month. Since I just upgraded the brakes it will be about a month before I spring for new tires, but these look like the ones Ill be getting for sure. 90 percent sure Ill be getting 4 of these bad boys.... Ill let ya know what I think and get some pics up.... stay tuned.

:usa:

Great. I think I will be doing the same thing.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post some pics this weekend. The 285 30-18 fronts have a really low profile when compared to the 275-35-18 OEM PS-Is. In hindsight, I propably would have gone with the 295-35-18s...since wider is more better...LOL

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to get them a while ago, but what was explained to me was that since they're so hard to get in comparison to the michelins, if you're stranded somewhere with a tire out, you might not be able to get another one for a while.

I've been looking for real world experience with them though. If they're great for street and good enough for light track, then I'm in for my next set.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "normal" front is 275 35-18 and the back is 335 30-18. I didn't think the aspect ratio of the 285-30-18 vs the 275-35-18 would be that different, but they are. I like the look of (rim to ground distance) and the wheel well fitment of a "35" aspect tire in the front better than the "30" aspect ratio tire. In a perfect world, it would have been nice to have had both the 285-30-18 mounted up and then the 295-35-18 mounted up and compare, but in these days of custom ordered-pay up front tire retailers, that wasn't going to happen. The 285-30-18 is fine by any standard, but just knowing what I know today personally, I would have gone with the 295-35-18. Hit and miss on some of these tire decisions. At least we are getting more options and choices.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few threads about wheel hop at this forum. Not started by me, so that means in addition to my car, there are many others that have it in their Gen2's.

How will this BFG tire do in that regard? The threads mentioned above all state that the PS2 is a cure if you are running PS1's (I am).

I don't want to get a cheaper tire if there is no experience in addressing wheel hop.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "normal" front is 275 35-18 and the back is 335 30-18. I didn't think the aspect ratio of the 285-30-18 vs the 275-35-18 would be that different, but they are. I like the look of (rim to ground distance) and the wheel well fitment of a "35" aspect tire in the front better than the "30" aspect ratio tire. In a perfect world, it would have been nice to have had both the 285-30-18 mounted up and then the 295-35-18 mounted up and compare, but in these days of custom ordered-pay up front tire retailers, that wasn't going to happen. The 285-30-18 is fine by any standard, but just knowing what I know today personally, I would have gone with the 295-35-18. Hit and miss on some of these tire decisions. At least we are getting more options and choices.

Thanks for explaining.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheel Hop? I'm still breaking them in...not breaking them loose...Ha. Seriously though, I haven't pushed these tires too hard yet. Some hard pulls doing some tuning, but no 1/4 mile events per se. Thus far, they seem to hook pretty well...and its been fairly cool.

Snakewatching

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have these tires on my Infiniti FX - they said they were a summer street tire only - the wet traction on these tires are simply fantastic - I used them throughout the winter - they are the best tires I have ever owned - very quiet tire for the tread pattern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper