Stanchion weatherstrip

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reading past posts I noticed people talking about missing the weatherstrip that seals the GTS stanchion at the window. When I first bought my GTS both sides had not weatherstrip. I noticed after about a week that my driver’s side window was going down slow and though this was the motor or pulley system. One day while rolling down the window it started working normal again. I never thought about this while changing out my door speakers and had a thought. Seals gone where would the most logical place for them be, in the door. So I rolled down the window and there was the strip inside both doors. I would assume that this was binding the driver’s side window when I was having issues. Correlation possibly so if you are having that problem and missing the strip check inside the door.

Second note I found that most people had issues with adhesive to adhere the strip to the stanchion. I had liquid nails in the garage and have used it to glue hundred pound mirrors to walls. I though what the heck I’ll give it a try, over a month now and sealed up like new. I taped off both sides prepped with isopropyl and glued them in place while using clamps to secure. You can also use the liquid nails to secure the rubber strip along the top of the stanchion while at it. Thought I would share so that the next person searching for Stanchion + weatherstrip might have some luck.

Chris

chenner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good info. I found one peice on my driver's side. I was hoping that the passenger side was there as that window rolls slowly but no luck.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
grease the inside runners/guides for your windows and they should work smooth again sometimes they need lube, mine were slow until I lubed and now like new.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its going up too slow over time , I suggest ******....Just my Opinion:D

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of grease do you use? The weatherstip on the passenger's side went missing last week, I hadn't thought about looking inside the door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper