replaced battery and now key fobs don't work...

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the battery in my 03 this afternoon and then found that both of my key fobs no longer work. :omg: No parking/ turning lights blink, no beep, and doors don't unlock or lock. Nothing. I flipped through the manual and also did a search of the site, but there wasn't to much info on this problem. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Scott

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I remember correctly (on my other cars) press and hold "lock and unlock" buttons together for 5-10 seconds with the key in the accessory position. at that point you will here the horn beep once.
Now I could be very wrong about this but I really do think thats how the remote relearns with the car after a power failure..... If this doesn't work don't blame me......lol

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The key fobs wont work until after you get in the car and turn the key to RUN. They should work after that.

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My middle son and I put my Xmas gift (Optima battery) into my SRT10 and he had me plug into the c lighter an adapter on his battery tender to maintain power. I didn t think necessary, but key fobs etc. work fine , so this may be a good idea . Dealer will reoprogram for 40.00. (would do a Neon for free probably)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456